+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Springsteen On Broadway( Netflix)

Springsteen On Broadway( Netflix)

Has anyone watched this yet ?

I am a fan and was moved by his very moving monologues about his life in his hometown, his unreachable father, his honesty about his songs not really being of what he had experienced, fan or no fan I would recommend it as a watch, its truly moving , I'm guessing some of it especially the dad bit and my tough childhood resonated.

Another triumph for a man , who suffers from deep depression.

May god go with you Bruce.

Re: Springsteen On Broadway( Netflix)

Watch it last night .
    the confession about the draft dodge was poignant

Santa brought me the DVD. Haven't had chance to watch it yet.

Just BRILLIANT! Apart from about 5 years when I had a bit of a hiatus I’ve loved Springsteen. My kids never got it but I’m so glad this is now preserved for them to watch at some point in their lives

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Just BRILLIANT! Apart from about 5 years when I had a bit of a hiatus I’ve loved Springsteen. My kids never got it but I’m so glad this is now preserved for them to watch at some point in their lives
    Yes I had a similar hiatus around the Lucky Town /Human Touch era, I was reawakened by The Ghost Of Tom Joad and The Rising .

My favourite album is Darkness on the Edge of Town.

Seen him live a few times it's hard to believe he's 69, he's just down a year on Broadway , still delivers rock n roll shows that last hours, doesn't stop touring , its all a bit insane .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I had a similar hiatus around the Lucky Town /Human Touch era, I was reawakened by The Ghost Of Tom Joad and The Rising .

My favourite album is Darkness on the Edge of Town.

Seen him live a few times it's hard to believe he's 69, he's just down a year on Broadway , still delivers rock n roll shows that last hours, doesn't stop touring , its all a bit insane .
    Ditto with Darkness. Jungleland (Born to Run) is my favourite track. There’s a track by Eric Church (big country artist) called Springsteen which pays tribute to him - worth a listen if you’ve not heard it
    https://youtu.be/l2gGXlW6wSY

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Ditto with Darkness. Jungleland (Born to Run) is my favourite track. There’s a track by Eric Church (big country artist) called Springsteen which pays tribute to him - worth a listen if you’ve not heard it
    https://youtu.be/l2gGXlW6wSY
    Cheers , interesting facts ,he's had 10 number one albums putting just behind Beatles and Jay Z , the only number one single which he wrote ,that went to number one , was 'Blinded By The Light' by Manfred Mann .