+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you watching negative posters?

Re: Are you watching negative posters?

Its hard to be critical of anyone yesterday in what was a gutsy performance from top to bottom but, from what I have seen, I'm not convinced about Cunningham and he had a stinker against Burnley.

At least it seems that everyone is getting experience at this level which has to be good for the team and club in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Nearly passed the ball in his own net then thank god ethridge was quick off the mark as his back pass nearly fell nicely for vardy as he was apparently the best or one of the best left backs in the championship I’ve been very disappointed with him
    Camarasa lost possession in a couple of areas which left us very exposed yet still managed to have an excellent overall performance. Before the game the splendid Leicester screen showed the goal they scored in the home game. The ease with which Chilwell was played into space behind Manga was only matched by the amount of space Bennett gave Gray for the goal. None of that happened yesterday and we were far tighter on the flanks. Cunningham has had some poor and average performances for us but for me yesterday was not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Camarasa lost possession in a couple of areas which left us very exposed yet still managed to have an excellent overall performance. Before the game the splendid Leicester screen showed the goal they scored in the home game. The ease with which Chilwell was played into space behind Manga was only matched by the amount of space Bennett gave Gray for the goal. None of that happened yesterday and we were far tighter on the flanks. Cunningham has had some poor and average performances for us but for me yesterday was not one of them.
    I thought Cunningham was pretty solid yesterday. It may be that there's a bit of footballing snobbery going on, Camarasa is afforded mistakes because he is more creative than the rest of our team. On the two occasions he did lose possession he definitely put his hand up for one of them acknowledging his mistake. Against West Ham and Watford he was nowhere near it, yet escaped without a critical scratch. If that had been Ralls he'd have been slaughtered. Fans aren't particularly objective at times, they have their favourites-which is fair enough-but it seems that some players are given much more flack than others-i hope Cunningham isn't one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    That’s a fair point but overall he doesn’t fill me with confidence tbf it is difficult to criticise the defence when they’ve kept a clean sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I thought Cunningham was pretty solid yesterday. It may be that there's a bit of footballing snobbery going on, Camarasa is afforded mistakes because he is more creative than the rest of our team. On the two occasions he did lose possession he definitely put his hand up for one of them acknowledging his mistake. Against West Ham and Watford he was nowhere near it, yet escaped without a critical scratch. If that had been Ralls he'd have been slaughtered. Fans aren't particularly objective at times, they have their favourites-which is fair enough-but it seems that some players are given much more flack than others-i hope Cunningham isn't one of those.
    I don’t think it’s football snobbery at all. Players who make less mistakes, and provide more positive movements are going to be let off compared to those who regularly make mistakes.

Yes, Ralls would have probably got pelted for some of the balls Camarasa lost but that’s becayse it’s becoming an all too common theme with Ralls, he finds touch more than Lee Halfpenny, whereas Camarasa has been one of our best performers of the season, so the fans cut him some slack.

Bennett > Cunningham all day long for me. He’s faster, and more comfortable on the ball.

Yet to see anything from Cunningham to suggest he was the best left back in the Championship. He’s not better than Bennett imo and certainly not better than Barry Douglas (Wolves, now with Leeds) or the lad Bryan who left the Wurzels for Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I don’t think it’s football snobbery at all. Players who make less mistakes, and provide more positive movements are going to be let off compared to those who regularly make mistakes.

Yes, Ralls would have probably got pelted for some of the balls Camarasa lost but that’s becayse it’s becoming an all too common theme with Ralls, he finds touch more than Lee Halfpenny, whereas Camarasa has been one of our best performers of the season, so the fans cut him some slack.
    I was gonna basically what you just said. The facts are Cunningham is technically poor. His body always seems to be in the wrong position when he's on the ball. It is what it is but I personally prefer Bennett.

I prefer Bennett but thought Cunningham had a solid game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was gonna basically what you just said. The facts are Cunningham is technically poor. His body always seems to be in the wrong position when he's on the ball. It is what it is but I personally prefer Bennett.
    Even though he’s left footed he looks like a right footed player playing left back. It’s really odd.

I think that Cunningham will surprise a few people this season, he's no world beater but not as bad as people are trying to make out. Bennett on times can be an absolute liability, his positioning is poor for a fullback, on other occasions he does well but is very hit and miss. He doesn't receive a great deal of criticism. I disagree with you about there not being an element of snobbery attached to fans perception of footballers. Victor Camarasa has had some dog awful games where he hasn't had a sniff, the same could be said for Harry Arter, yet they get off lightly because of where they have come from and the perception by some fans that they're better than they really are. Ralls and Gunnar take the flak if we're poor in midfield-and rightly so if they've had stinkers-yet the other two don't get any criticism-the question is why? If Ralls had signed from Seville or Valencia this season after being a fringe player there then i'm pretty sure that he would be afforded more slack by fans who would cite a 'cultural' 'style' difference, players not on his wave length etc, instead of saying what's in front of them. Certain players are treated differently in my opinion, and i'm not defending ralls in this post as like I've said, i don't think he's good enough.

I disagree, Ralls goes missing like a school boy playing against men, victor and Arter are always giving it their all and even when they’re having a bad game you always know they’re there Joe has gone missing to often and has become a spectator not believing in himself he just needs to keep it simple play the ball into space not dwell on the thing

Quiet this evening Andy?

Would you like to talk us through any positives we can take from that performance?

Quiet this evening Andy?

Would you like to talk us through any positives we can take from that performance?
    Absolutely Mrs Hartley I would, 4 points from 3 difficulty games. Today we were totally outclassed as I thought we would be. Onwards and upwards, bring on Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Absolutely Mrs Hartley I would, 4 points from 3 difficulty games. Today we were totally outclassed as I thought we would be. Onwards and upwards, bring on Huddersfield
    Positives from this evening please?

Seeing as anyone who isn’t blindly positive is negative would you like to break down the positives please?

How did Sol do? You going to get uppity if we point out the many errors tonight? Or do you accept he was awful?

Positives from this evening please?

Seeing as anyone who isn’t blindly positive is negative would you like to break down the positives please?
    Positives: Gives you and the other moaning gits another chance to have a go at my team, Cardiff City. But you won’t get me down with your constant barracking. You’ll only be happy when we are rock bottom of the league.

Positives: Gives you and the other moaning gits another chance to have a go at my team, Cardiff City. But you won’t get me down with your constant barracking. You’ll only be happy when we are rock bottom of the league.
    So you haven’t got any. As I thought.

How do you work that out? Most of point out the errors and the changes we think are needed so we don't end up rock bottom, you come on here like dml all high and mighty without anything constructive to say, do you honestly not think Warnock got it wrong today with his tactics and selection?

How do you work that out? Most of point out the errors and the changes we think are needed so we don't end up rock bottom, you come on here like dml all high and mighty without anything constructive to say, do you honestly not think Warnock got it wrong today with his tactics and selection?
    Complete and utter snob. Her shit probably smells of perfume.

Oh come on, certain posters can’t wait to have a go. Of course Warnocks and our players are going to make mistakes, look at the gulf in class. Tonight was disappointing, but expected. They are second in the league, what do you expect.

Oh come on, certain posters can’t wait to have a go. Of course Warnocks and our players are going to make mistakes, look at the gulf in class. Tonight was disappointing, but expected. They are second in the league, what do you expect.
    I'd expect us to at least compete, did you not see palace beat man city away not so long ago, it's not impossible to beat these teams

I'd expect us to at least compete, did you not see palace beat man city away not so long ago, it's not impossible to beat these teams
    The early goal (goals) knocked the stuffing out of us.
    It wasn’t even ‘not competing’ it was just shit defending and a bit of bad luck ( for the first goal)

3 shots, 3 goals in 20 minutes, but if you give players of that quality space and time in the box that’s what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The early goal (goals) knocked the stuffing out of us.
    It wasn’t even ‘not competing’ it was just shit defending and a bit of bad luck ( for the first goal)

3 shots, 3 goals in 20 minutes, but if you give players of that quality space and time in the box that’s what will happen.
    You make it almost sound like they was lucky 3 shots 3 goals

At 1-0 you've always still got a chance but they could've easily got in to double figures imo if the fancied it

You make it almost sound like they was lucky 3 shots 3 goals

At 1-0 you've always still got a chance but they could've easily got in to double figures imo if the fancied it
    Piss poor defending. All three. Wasn’t scintillating world class play to open us up. Eriksen great finish but ball gets him too easily and then he has 4 players around him. The other 2 goals absolute shockers from a defensive point of view.

Lost track of the number of times a heavily outnumbered Spurs player received the ball when we had chances to clear. We were lucky Spurs were not as clinical as Citeh or United.

I don’t know if it’s a psychology thing as we are playing world class players but we look so nervous against the big boys and balls that would no doubt be cleared against lesser teams, in the championship last year too, are not being dealt with.

Before the positive apostles have a go at me it’s only what Warnock said himself after the game today and United game.Sunday league defending he described it as.

As he said himself It’s difficult enough against these teams without gifting the goals.

After the United game, followed by 2 clean sheets I’m sure Warnock would be as shocked as us all with the capitulation first 10 minutes.

Piss poor defending. All three. Wasn’t scintillating world class play to open us up. Eriksen great finish but ball gets him too easily and then he has 4 players around him. The other 2 goals absolute shockers from a defensive point of view.

Lost track of the number of times a heavily outnumbered Spurs player received the ball when we had chances to clear. We were lucky Spurs were not as clinical as Citeh or United.

I don’t know if it’s a psychology thing as we are playing world class players but we look so nervous against the big boys and balls that would no doubt be cleared against lesser teams, in the championship last year too, are not being dealt with.

Before the positive apostles have a go at me it’s only what Warnock said himself after the game today and United game.Sunday league defending he described it as.

As he said himself It’s difficult enough against these teams without gifting the goals.

After the United game, followed by 2 clean sheets I’m sure Warnock would be as shocked as us all with the capitulation first 10 minutes.
    Warnock being Negative about our defending? He can ****off then...

Eriksen had time to look up twice for his goal, everyone just stood off.