+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are you watching negative posters?

Re: Are you watching negative posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Warnock being Negative about our defending? He can ****off then...
    He can **** off and manage Man U or the Scousers the plastic twat

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Eriksen had time to look up twice for his goal, everyone just stood off.
    Yep. Seemed to have dwelled on it too long but we didn’t close and he had time to readjust.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Positives from this evening please?

Seeing as anyone who isn’t blindly positive is negative would you like to break down the positives please?

How did Sol do? You going to get uppity if we point out the many errors tonight? Or do you accept he was awful?
    You get 'uppity' when other people point out when he has had a good game. You have been slagging him off all season and even refused to agree he had a good game last Saturday. As I have said on a number of occasions you are a hypocrite, who cant take criticism of your views and never, ever have anything good to say about the team. You are only interested in slagging them off and causing arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You get 'uppity' when other people point out when he has had a good game. You have been slagging him off all season and even refused to agree he had a good game last Saturday. As I have said on a number of occasions you are a hypocrite, who cant take criticism of your views and never, ever have anything good to say about the team. You are only interested in slagging them off and causing arguments.
    Making things up now. Where did I refuse to agree he had a good game in Saturday? Agreed he had a good game but said one swallow doesn’t make a summer and we needed more consistency. Sadly it was back to calamity Sol today.

As for the rest of your post about being a hypocrite and can’t take criticsm your irony never fails to reach new levels.

Piss poor defending. All three. Wasn’t scintillating world class play to open us up. Eriksen great finish but ball gets him too easily and then he has 4 players around him. The other 2 goals absolute shockers from a defensive point of view.

Lost track of the number of times a heavily outnumbered Spurs player received the ball when we had chances to clear. We were lucky Spurs were not as clinical as Citeh or United.

I don’t know if it’s a psychology thing as we are playing world class players but we look so nervous against the big boys and balls that would no doubt be cleared against lesser teams, in the championship last year too, are not being dealt with.

Before the positive apostles have a go at me it’s only what Warnock said himself after the game today and United game.Sunday league defending he described it as.

As he said himself It’s difficult enough against these teams without gifting the goals.

After the United game, followed by 2 clean sheets I’m sure Warnock would be as shocked as us all with the capitulation first 10 minutes.
    I agree. I thought our midfield did ok. Gunnarsson competed as did Camarasa. Arter was dragged around a bit but that was only cos we are so exposed insisting on man marking against teams with fluid movement.

Playing Paterson out wide so he could win high balls against Rose was far too basic for this level and Reid had a bit of a thankless task.

It was our back 4 that let us down. In the first half it was like they were playing on an ice rink!

They're all too slow and pedestrian. They can't even sort their feet out quickly to welly it up the park as this is all they want to do.

I just don't get Cunningham in the slightest. He looked like someone who had won a competition to play a premier league game. Piss poor!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree. I thought our midfield did ok. Gunnarsson competed as did Camarasa. Arter was dragged around a bit but that was only cos we are so exposed insisting on man marking against teams with fluid movement.

Playing Paterson out wide so he could win high balls against Rose was far too basic for this level and Reid had a bit of a thankless task.

It was our back 4 that let us down. In the first half it was like they were playing on an ice rink!

They're all too slow and pedestrian. They can't even sort their feet out quickly to welly it up the park as this is all they want to do.

I just don't get Cunningham in the slightest. He looked like someone who had won a competition to play a premier league game. Piss poor!

Mate, hes is so far out of his depth he should be wearing armbands. At least Southampton had the sense to drag off George Weahs cousin!

Bennett makes mistakes and is sometimes found wanting at this level but he actually looks like a footballer and doesn’t panic in possession. I just don’t get it at all.

I’ve said elsewhere the defence is nervous against the big boys but today was shocking. Even in possession they were so nervous. The slightest press and they go to pieces. On more than one occasion they made hard work of a simple back pass to Etheridge.

Me too! I can't believe he gets picked over Bennett or even Peltier.

I thought our midfield did ok. Gunnarsson competed as did Camarasa. Arter was dragged around a bit but that was only cos we are so exposed insisting on man marking against teams with fluid movement.
    Are you joking? Gunnarsson was terrible last night. I was going to say Spurs rang rings around him, but basically they strolled around him. He looked completely outclassed from start to finish. We know he can perform at this level, but against Spurs he was utterly awful.

As for Camarasa, he looked like he didn't fancy it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you joking? Gunnarsson was terrible last night. I was going to say Spurs rang rings around him, but basically they strolled around him. He looked completely outclassed from start to finish. We know he can perform at this level, but against Spurs he was utterly awful.

Of course Spurs ran rings around him, but part of the reason for that was the outnumbering due Spurs tactical approach. Kane was dropping in, then Son, then Ali. Eriksson just dragged Arter into full back positions and everywhere else he didn't want to go.

At least Gunnar kept trying to compete and Camarasa is our own player that looks remotely like he plays the same sport as the Tottenham players.

I’ve said elsewhere the defence is nervous against the big boys but today was shocking. Even in possession they were so nervous. The slightest press and they go to pieces. On more than one occasion they made hard work of a simple back pass to Etheridge.
    Something Warnock is doing, or not doing is making them go to pieces. They're so scared of making mistakes, they make about 10. We've just kept 2 clean sheets and then we completely fall to pieces inside a few minutes. Spurs are a really good side, and thank God they went into cruise control but whether they need to get a kick up the backside, change in tactics, or even see a sports psychologist to get a better mentality against the big boys I don't know. Clearly though, we need to do something. Maybe a new faces would help but we can't replace our whole back 4, and certainly not when they're usually competent.

Bennett, though is streets ahead of the rest of our back 4 in terms of possession and not being nervous. Think he's comfortable on the deck and doesn't fall to pieces when men are around him; and doesn't take 4 men on to lose it like Bamba does.

Well, I see that the usual 'doom and gloom merchants' are back out in force after a defeat against a top three Premier League side who had eleven current full internationals in their starting line up (top level international teams as well). So lets ask these people a question - before the game, how many goals were you expecting City to win by - two, three, four perhaps ? If so, you are obviously living in cloud cuckoo land. There was also a total lack of recognition last night, in the comments on here, of the efforts made by the team in the last seven days and the fact that we improved considerably in the last twenty five minutes last night and actually put Spurs under some pressure. I suspect that quite a few people who continually criticise everything City dont even go to the games and base their opinions from a cosy armchair view on their tv or laptop or perhaps listening on the radio. Thats fine if they cant get to the ground but does it give them an accurate idea on what is happening on the pitch or the right to slag players and management off at every opportunity - no.

Well, I see that the usual 'doom and gloom merchants' are back out in force after a defeat against a top three Premier League side who had eleven current full internationals in their starting line up (top level international teams as well). So lets ask these people a question - before the game, how many goals were you expecting City to win by - two, three, four perhaps ? If so, you are obviously living in cloud cuckoo land. There was also a total lack of recognition last night, in the comments on here, of the efforts made by the team in the last seven days and the fact that we improved considerably in the last twenty five minutes last night and actually put Spurs under some pressure. I suspect that quite a few people who continually criticise everything City dont even go to the games and base their opinions from a cosy armchair view on their tv or laptop or perhaps listening on the radio. Thats fine if they cant get to the ground but does it give them an accurate idea on what is happening on the pitch or the right to slag players and management off at every opportunity - no.
    I don't expect us to win. I do expect us to clear simple crosses and not fall to pieces, again! We're not learning from our mistakes against the big sides. How can we go to Leicester and Palace, defend and keep two clean sheets, then Spurs basically ask us one question, and we're 1-0 down. We're getting stuffed by the big sides at home and we're not even doing the basics, it's extremely dispiriting.

That’s because spurs wasn’t even trying the last 25 mins, I didn’t expect us to win but at least compete ffs we look a shambles against the big boys surely even you can see that? Was you not disappointed with some of the players performance?

Had them under pressure last 25

Doesn’t make any difference if you’re at the ground, or watching on tv, to know Spurs did not get out of 1st gear after 30 minutes, and strolled to victory.

Even then a mix of poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept the score respectable.

A walk in the park would be an understatement, unfortunately it appears DML is walking on another planet if he thinks we had them under any kind of pressure.

dml1954. King of the happy clappers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I must admit, the thought crossed my mind too, but I didn't want to bring it up because you know, NEGATIVE.