+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camarasa goal

Re: Camarasa goal

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would agree his workrate is exceptional, he has better touch and balance than anyone , when he's with the ball he looks so at ease, he probably gets frustrated in not being able to thread the ball to more mobile front players.
    But he doesn’t show his frustration and you don’t see him ever moan or drop his head. He just keeps trying and showing quality on the ball. Can’t remember many better midfielders in my time supporting city. Most would have been better before or after they played for us.

Can someone at the club get him an ancestory test for Christmas? Hopefully some Welsh roots in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    What impressed me about Camarasa today was that for 50 minutes or so things weren't going his way, a couple of stray passes and caught in possession, things not really going his way, although he wasn't playing badly. Here's the big one, the thing that stands out more than his goal in my opinion. He could have easily sat in and thought '**** it' it's not quite happening, we can get a point, but he didn't, he kept going and showed tremendous character and self belief and was in an advanced position in the final minute-Absolutely brilliant to see that kind of attitude. Special mention for Arter, he was fantastic today, in my opinion his best game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What impressed me about Camarasa today was that for 50 minutes or so things weren't going his way, a couple of stray passes and caught in possession, things not really going his way, although he wasn't playing badly. Here's the big one, the thing that stands out more than his goal in my opinion. He could have easily sat in and thought '**** it' it's not quite happening, we can get a point, but he didn't, he kept going and showed tremendous character and self belief and was in an advanced position in the final minute-Absolutely brilliant to see that kind of attitude. Special mention for Arter, he was fantastic today, in my opinion his best game for us.
    It wasn't just that he was in an advanced position but he was instrumental with Arter in hunting the ball down on the touchline when Leicester tried to play out from the back and 5 seconds later the ball was in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Well I've always found the posters on here to be a friendly bunch and I try to be the same. A bit of banter but a lot of honesty and mutual respect as well. Even with all the Bluebirds here it's the best message board bar none!
    Nice comments. Thank You

5 minutes before the goal we could sense we had a chance and he came to take a corner in front of us. The reception he got was tumultuous- must have made him feel 10 feet tall.

If nothing else this year with this and Hollet’s against Wolverhampton that’s surely two shoe ins for the final countdown of goals of the season

And it was actually him pressuring Ricardo to lose the ball to Arter for the goal, he’s going to lose possession here and there because he wants to play the ball

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    And it was actually him pressuring Ricardo to lose the ball to Arter for the goal, he’s going to lose possession here and there because he wants to play the ball
    Yup, fair point. Although he did get caught a couple of times today when he maybe thought that he had more time on the ball, although the likelihood is that he didn't have an option. Arter and Gunnar were great today. We pressed them in the second half, something I've been saying that we should be doing, Leicester weren't as quick on the ball as Watford, West Ham and United and it gave us a chance to win the ball back, which we did very well during the game.

Thats great to hear he always looks as if he's playing for the team, playing for the shirt, thats we want as fans. nice to be having a few beers and aplauding the city, more to come in the new year

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It wasn't just that he was in an advanced position but he was instrumental with Arter in hunting the ball down on the touchline when Leicester tried to play out from the back and 5 seconds later the ball was in the net.
    That's my point, in an advanced position, looking for a winner when a point would've been great. I've been saying that we should press teams away from home for ages and we really did that today, maybe Leicester were perfect opponents, but it worked. Our midfield was on top today.

That's my point, in an advanced position, looking for a winner when a point would've been great. I've been saying that we should press teams away from home for ages and we really did that today, maybe Leicester were perfect opponents, but it worked. Our midfield was on top today.
    Bear in mind also that it was the 92nd minute of his 3rd game in 8 days

Yup, fair point. Although he did get caught a couple of times today when he maybe thought that he had more time on the ball, although the likelihood is that he didn't have an option. Arter and Gunnar were great today. We pressed them in the second half, something I've been saying that we should be doing, Leicester weren't as quick on the ball as Watford, West Ham and United and it gave us a chance to win the ball back, which we did very well during the game.
    As we move into the second half of the season Neil will have the benefit of hindsight (and a video of the first game) to help with how to approach the opposition.

Your point on pressing is accurate (although blindingly obvious to fans desperate to see an improvement). I was confident we’d get at least a draw today after seeing how we played against them at home and also how we did at Palace.

Neil’s a crafty old fox and after playing everyone once he’ll have a plan for each of the return fixtures.

Great season no matter what happens from here. We’ve blown away expectations

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He's been our best outfield player all season

He's been our best outfield player all season
    If anyone disagrees with this, I'm genuinely interested to know why.

But he doesn’t show his frustration and you don’t see him ever moan or drop his head. He just keeps trying and showing quality on the ball. Can’t remember many better midfielders in my time supporting city. Most would have been better before or after they played for us.
    Kumas

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but someone on the Leicester board said that that was the best goal celebration he's seen in the 15 years they've been at the new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but someone on the Leicester board said that that was the best goal celebration he's seen in the 15 years they've been at the new stadium.
    Also said the best travelling support in the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by blobird View Post
    Kumas
    It wasn’t at this level though..

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Was not a fan of him at all - he seemed very average. The last 2 games have really impressed me, what a class act!
    He's comfortably the best footballer in our side, not sure why you thought he was average???

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    https://twitter.com/viewfromthenin/s...331750912?s=21

Another good view of the goal and the celebration of the players is class.
    See that part of this clip made match of the day 2! Congratulations whoever took the vid

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    See that part of this clip made match of the day 2! Congratulations whoever took the vid
    Just watched it again.. and again . The reaction from the players was something else !

Had to watch that goal again.....just checking my eyes did not deceive me. One that will stick long in the memory and goes some way to making up for the previous away defeats at West Ham and Watford. A brilliant day out.