+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mixed feelings on the Leicester board

Cool Mixed feelings on the Leicester board

Re: Mixed feelings on the Leicester board

@lcfceaves to answer your question:

I thought we created a number of chances against a dirty team who were more focused on fouling us or falling over than attacking
    Funny how the stats show a pretty even split of fouls between the two teams and there were only two bookings, one of which was for time wasting

Makes me laugh that some of their fans saying we deserved the win, John Hartson on BT even said we deserved it yet the BBC report that Leicester were completely dominant and the only chance we had was the pot luck finish at the end.

The discipline thing is still irksome! City are 5th in the fair play table, only the top 4 in the division have better records than us. Leicester are in 17th with one of the worst records and the most Red cards. The foul count was only 2 different.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The discipline thing is still irksome! City are 5th in the fair play table, only the top 4 in the division have better records than us. Leicester are in 17th with one of the worst records and the most Red cards. The foul count was only 2 different.
    And don’t forget, that top 4 dominatevthe ball, so have no opportunity to foul.

If it was fouls per minute out of possession we’d be walking it.

Personally I thought Leicester were marginally the better side, but left themselves a bit open for the counter attack.

Leicester fan I spoke to after the game said he thought we deserved the win, which was generous of him 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    And don’t forget, that top 4 dominatevthe ball, so have no opportunity to foul.

If it was fouls per minute out of possession we’d be walking it.

Personally I thought Leicester were marginally the better side, but left themselves a bit open for the counter attack.

Leicester fan I spoke to after the game said he thought we deserved the win, which was generous of him 🙂
    We did deserve it Tim, this was a whole different ball game to Watford & Palace away, so much more different, we looked a Premier League side👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We did deserve it Tim, this was a whole different ball game to Watford & Palace away, so much more different, we looked a Premier League side👍
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Makes me laugh that some of their fans saying we deserved the win, John Hartson on BT even said we deserved it yet the BBC report that Leicester were completely dominant and the only chance we had was the pot luck finish at the end.
    Pat Murphy is a self important buffoon.

He report of the game was miles from reality.

Fool.

Oh yes we DID deserve it.

The much more positive approach right from the KO was the difference.

Great to see.

Some quotes from the BBC write up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46656882

"Against the run of play, the midfielder curled home a 25-yard shot which sailed into the top corner over a flailing Kasper Schmeichel." - Bollocks

"The Foxes dominated the first half" - More bollocks

"Etheridge produced seven saves to deny a Leicester side full of confidence" - Shockingly more bollocks

"Leicester dominated the ball for large spells" - Did this guy watch the game?

Was watching on stream and it sounded like Keith Andrews commentating, he was quite complimentary of us to be fair.

From watching it myself, you could argue Leicester had the better chances which they did for me, a penalty of course but considering our away form and the fact they had just beaten Chelsea and Man City I thought our approach to the match was excellent. No shortage of effort and determination but also at times more composure and that bit of quality that was needed.

An excellent away performance that I think was deserving of the points.

Light and day compared to West Ham or Watford away.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post

"Against the run of play, the midfielder curled home a 25-yard shot which sailed into the top corner over a flailing Kasper Schmeichel." - Bollocks

"Etheridge produced seven saves to deny a Leicester side full of confidence" - Shockingly more bollocks

Sounds like a load of bollocks all round .

I thought puel was doing a good job there didn’t realise most of them hate him and want him gone

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post

I didn't see or even listen to today's game. However I did see the MOTD coverage. It showed Leicester having more of the chances (but then they only get a handful of snapshots to show), but at the end the commentator did say that we deserved to win. Which is good. Hell of a goal, too.

Jesus. People don't half talk some shite.

Makes me smile when they're complaining of only having the attacking options of Vardy, Maddison. Grey, Okazaki, Iheanacho & Ghezzal.

Pass over your spares if you don't want them!