+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back.......

Just got back.......

And that was SUPERB.

The team, to a man, were excellent today in an away day that I cannot remember enjoying so much.

Every player played well today and what WAS noticeable was how we took the game to Leicester unlike in any other away game that I have seen this year. The players also seemed to forego the standard long ball which of course results in us losing possession so frequently, and instead played some decent football, with periods of possession where we pressed Leicester. The result was a much more open game than the usual away day fare of us defending just outside our own box, and a much more open and exciting game.

In complete contrast to the Manchester United game, the three in midfield did really well and at times dominated with seemingly plenty of space.

The outstanding player for me was Camarasa (and that was BEFORE his goal!) who always looks to have time on the ball and rarely concedes possession.

Etheridge's penalty save (and the following miss which I want to see again) I think just confirmed the players' belief that they were playing well enough to actually win the game. From a shaky beginning with us, Etheridge has developed into a first class goalkeeper, which is so pleasing to see.

And as for the goal.......! I haven't seen it back yet but WHAT a banger, and just to make it the perfect away day, it was at our end, from a perfect angle for us to see the flight of the ball all the way from Victor's boot to the back of Schmeichel's net, AND the players only had to keep running to celebrate RIGHT in front of us. Total 'limbs' as my boys would say.

I don't know if it is the way that the King Power is built, but the noise that the away support made today was just great, going through all the songs from 'Last Christmas (the Sol Bamba edit)' to 'Duh, duh, duh, Victor Camarasa'

Well played everyone - a fantastic performance.

PS. Whereas the ref at Watford was really good despite Warnock calling him out, the ref today was absolutely hopeless, and easily the only negative about the whole day. Just rubbish.

Re: Just got back.......

Glad you had a good day. The away following deserved one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Etheridge's penalty save (and the following miss which I want to see again) I think just confirmed the players' belief that they were playing well enough to actually win the game. From a shaky beginning with us, Etheridge has developed into a first class goalkeeper, which is so pleasing to see.
    It wasn’t a miss after then pen. It was a phenomenal tackle/clearance from Sol. Similar to Manga vs palace.

What a day for city. Glad you had a good one. Wish I had gone!

And that was SUPERB.

The team, to a man, were excellent today in an away day that I cannot remember enjoying so much.

Every player played well today and what WAS noticeable was how we took the game to Leicester unlike in any other away game that I have seen this year. The players also seemed to forego the standard long ball which of course results in us losing possession so frequently, and instead played some decent football, with periods of possession where we pressed Leicester. The result was a much more open game than the usual away day fare of us defending just outside our own box, and a much more open and exciting game.

In complete contrast to the Manchester United game, the three in midfield did really well and at times dominated with seemingly plenty of space.

The outstanding player for me was Camarasa (and that was BEFORE his goal!) who always looks to have time on the ball and rarely concedes possession.

And as for the goal.......! I haven't seen it back yet but WHAT a banger, and just to make it the perfect away day, it was at our end, from a perfect angle for us to see the flight of the ball all the way from Victor's boot to the back of Schmeichel's net, AND the players only had to keep running to celebrate RIGHT in front of us. Total 'limbs' as my boys would say.

I don't know if it is the way that the King Power is built, but the noise that the away support made today was just great, going through all the songs from 'Last Christmas (the Sol Bamba edit)' to 'Duh, duh, duh, Victor Camarasa'

PS. Whereas the ref at Watford was really good despite Warnock calling him out, the ref today was absolutely hopeless, and easily the only negative about the whole day. Just rubbish.

I listened to the commentary on Radio Wales. The Cardiff fans sounded great and they mentioned more than once that the ref was a homer

Best away day since Hull

First away of the season and what a game to start.
    A point would have been fully deserved but to take all 3 was just phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    First away of the season and what a game to start.
    A point would have been fully deserved but to take all 3 was just phenomenal.
    I said to a mate about five minutes from the end that to leave with nothing would be a travesty. Light years ahead of the performance at Watford with a bit of resilience vs Palace in between. There was more ambition here in our shape and approach but the confidence gained from the first away win could be the difference in staying in the division.

Fair play to a couple of Heddlu who gave out a quiet cheer next to us at the final whistle!

And that was SUPERB.

Thanks for a fab update on the game, streamed the game and the city fans were loud as hell, Phill Thomson on Sky said we were up fot it second half, well done the away day boys

Brilliant Support

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Brilliant Support
    Maybe it was the shape of the stadium that added to the volume. The support yesterday was brilliant. So loud that, on one occasion, it passed the pain threshold. I'm sure that will vary from person to person but I'm guessing in the region of 130db. My ears are still ringing! Fantastic day out....definately the best away since Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Maybe it was the shape of the stadium that added to the volume. The support yesterday was brilliant. So loud that, on one occasion, it passed the pain threshold. I'm sure that will vary from person to person but I'm guessing in the region of 130db. My ears are still ringing! Fantastic day out....definately the best away since Hull.
    I was there for the playoff semi when Whitts hit that free kick in off the post. I swear we caused a mini earthquake!

One of the best atmosphere's I can remember, at any game. Great couple of days to be a Cardiff City fan.

Etheridge's development from the player who dropped a clanger at Preston into a Premier League keeper who saves penalties for fun has been phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Etheridge's development from the player who dropped a clanger at Preston into a Premier League keeper who saves penalties for fun has been phenomenal
    I agree with that.

I had my doubts when I first saw him but I was wrong - he has come on leaps and bounds and must be one of our players of the season so far (he has been pretty busy admittedly!)

I agree with that.

I had my doubts when I first saw him but I was wrong - he has come on leaps and bounds and must be one of our players of the season so far (he has been pretty busy admittedly!)
    Think everyone has the same thoughts it does prove there are good players to be had in the lower leagues , on reflection we've had some great keepers over the years.