+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Last time we were in the premier league

Last time we were in the premier league

Our corresponding fixture was Sunderland home and I believe it was the fixture that sealed our fate when I think it was Chris Fit added about 20 minutes of injury time (or until Sunderland score).

I felt flat as a pancake that day. How different yesterday felt. A performance full of guts and character topped off with an absolute peach of a goal in injury time.

Re: Last time we were in the premier league

We went 2-0 up didn't we as well. Sunderland were woeful and still managed a draw.

Bloody theophile why didn’t that Kent put it in row z ffs

I'd erased that game from my memory until now

Thanks for reminding me...

Theophile got the blame, but I can also remember being angry at Gestede who made no effort at all to give him an option to pass to, or to close down after he came on

Lets face it, we had the two worst full backs in the Premier League last time around. They were continually caught in possession or way upfield and were major factors in our relegation.

Last time we were in the premier league our keeper was player of the season for us. It’s going that way again. Hopefully we stay up this time 👍

The corresponding fixture (Game 20) was actually the Arsenal game on New Years Day. We were 17th on 18 points after that. We fell into the bottom 3 after the following fixture and never got out. I feel more optimistic about this team/manager.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The corresponding fixture (Game 20) was actually the Arsenal game on New Years Day. We were 17th on 18 points after that. We fell into the bottom 3 after the following fixture and never got out. I feel more optimistic about this team/manager.
    Kevin McNaughton's first game of the season for us and easily a better option than Theophile.