+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A selection conundrum

A selection conundrum

I amongst others last season felt that NW played with three centre backs because he didn’t want to drop any of them.
    On a number of occasions this season we have seen Manga at right back. In the main doing ok, but like most full backs occasionally exposed.
    So, NW wants a new right back. Where does that leave Manga? Are we going to revert to a back three with attacking full backs or might we see a rotation of centre backs?

I have questioned Cunningham’s ability. It was good to read of him producing a much better performance yesterday.

Re: A selection conundrum

Hello of a conundrum. In my, humble, opinion Bruno is our best centre half but how the hell can you drop our inspirational captain, even though he does look suspect at times, or Sol who is the team's, the club's talisman?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I amongst others last season felt that NW played with three centre backs because he didn’t want to drop any of them.
    On a number of occasions this season we have seen Manga at right back. In the main doing ok, but like most full backs occasionally exposed.
    So, NW wants a new right back. Where does that leave Manga? Are we going to revert to a back three with attacking full backs or might we see a rotation of centre backs?

I have questioned Cunningham’s ability. It was good to read of him producing a much better performance yesterday.
    I can perhaps understand NW wanting to name an unchanged side for Spurs but I still prefer Bennet to Cunningham and I still believe Mendez-Lang would offer much more than Hoilet

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I can perhaps understand NW wanting to name an unchanged side for Spurs but I still prefer Bennet to Cunningham and I still believe Mendez-Lang would offer much more than Hoilet
    👍👍👍👍

I had a dodgy stream yesterday but nonetheless, I saw Morrison pleading with the ref before Bamba ushered him away before having a little calmer chat with the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I'd go with that as well.

We could go for a 3 at the back

I'd rather we kept Morrison over Bamba, as good as Bamba was yesterday he's made some big mistakes this season

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I had a dodgy stream yesterday but nonetheless, I saw Morrison pleading with the ref before Bamba ushered him away before having a little calmer chat with the ref.
    I noticed that too. I'd keep the centre half pairing as it is and move Manga to the bench (assuming a new right back is better). I like Manga but we can't change our formation or break up an established pairing just to accommodate him. I still think a striker should be our number one priority....but then where do we play Patterson!!!??

it seems to me that he the last 2 games we have played with a back 3 with Cunningham/Bennett or the left and Hoilett on the right, both have got further forward with Gunnerson sitting with Arter and Camarsa box to box leaving Paterson right and Murphy left up top. So a 3.5.2 when attacking switching to a back 5 in defence.

.....,.........Etheridge
    .....Manga, Morrison, Bamba
    Hoilett..Arter... Gunnerson,. Bennett
    ...............Camarsa
    ......Paterson...........Murphy....

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

He made a coupe of blunders and almost scored an own goal within 5 minutes. I think he's a liability.