+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The penalty

The penalty

Thankfully we won yesterday but didn’t get much attention in the end, but the Maddison penalty was akin to the Salah pen.

Morrison should never let the ref make the decision by putting hands on him but was extremely soft.

A lot of players going down with ease lately

Re: The penalty

I don’t know what is and what isn’t a pen these days if these minimal contacts are pens then Morrison should’ve had about 64 pelanties this season

I don't so much mind Maddison conning the ref into giving that penalty as long as the ref also gives one for the push on Paterson.

I would rather neither were given, but if the lightest 'contact' justifies a player falling over, then at least we should have consistency and fairness in the same match with the same officials,

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thankfully we won yesterday but didn’t get much attention in the end, but the Maddison penalty was akin to the Salah pen.

Morrison should never let the ref make the decision by putting hands on him but was extremely soft.

A lot of players going down with ease lately
    Morrison new that as soon as Maddison got the 'wrong' side of him that he couldn't make any form of contact. If a defender puts himself into a shit position then he knows the risks, Morrison is no different. He had no reason to put his hands on Maddison except to put him off. It's funny that we only really have this discussion when these things happen in the penalty area.

I don't think we'd have got it if it had been one of our players going down like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Morrison new that as soon as Maddison got the 'wrong' side of him that he couldn't make any form of contact. If a defender puts himself into a shit position then he knows the risks, Morrison is no different. He had no reason to put his hands on Maddison except to put him off. It's funny that we only really have this discussion when these things happen in the penalty area.
    Reason for that is that it wouldn’t have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch and the player would have shrugged off the challenge and played on.

FWIW , on the way things go these days I’m not surprised it was given

I thought it was a penalty personally. Haven't had a good look at Patterson one.

We got away with one against Southampton but we certainly don't get luck with pulling at set pieces.

If Maddison is a pen then so are the ones on Paterson and Morrison.

Defenders only put their hands up in a gesture to say I haven't touched him, only after they've touched him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Defenders only put their hands up in a gesture to say I haven't touched him, only after they've touched him.
    VAR should clear things next season,I reckon there will be a lot more pens!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    VAR should clear things next season,I reckon there will be a lot more pens!
    I’m worried it’s just going to make things worse

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Reason for that is that it wouldn’t have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch and the player would have shrugged off the challenge and played on.

FWIW , on the way things go these days I’m not surprised it was given
    It’s a free kick elsewhere on the pitch too. You can’t pull someone by the arm / shoulder when youre on the wrong side of them.

There was a lot more contact than the Salah one too. Held him for longer.