+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR. Match thread

No way was that a penalty. Those who think so are clutching at straws. We were totally outplayed, offered nothing and frankly embarrassed on national TV. However, after 15 minutes I thought the score could be in double figures by the end of the match so I am consoling myself with that thought.

The
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    No way was that a penalty. Those who think so are clutching at straws. We were totally outplayed, offered nothing and frankly embarrassed on national TV. However, after 15 minutes I thought the score could be in double figures by the end of the match so I am consoling myself with that thought.
    Why are you bothered about what people sat on their settee think? Playing the top sides is a non competition and the gulf will only get bigger.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: CARDIFF CITY v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It looks like Morrison and Bamba have been told to man mark Kane and Son as they follow them into their own half!

All the goals have come down the left hand side. Cunningham is all over the place :-/
    Didn't realise his lad was old enough.

How much different was that to the Wolves game for Spurs? Listening to the pundits and it sounds as if Spurs dominated the first 45 minutes last Saturday, managed to score only one and then ran out of steam and were run ragged by Wolves. Our school-boy defending meant that we never found out if we could put them under pressure in the second 45 minutes but there was a 7-9 minute period before their second goal where they looked a little dodgy in defence.

We weren't able to cope with their attack in the first half and this was made far worse by defensive errors to give them 2 goal head-start. We can't do that at this level but second home game in a row that it's happened. It just seemed to be the same ball over and over and it seemed to undo us time and time again.

One positive I can find is that fans made more noise as game wore on. Vital that fans drive the team on and see the long season ahead. Further positive is that only Liverpool now can do that type of performance to us at home.

Why do we capitulate against the big six teams? Leicester are 7th in the table at the moment and we've just beaten them away from home, but we let Spurs have a glorified training session on our own pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How much different was that to the Wolves game for Spurs? Listening to the pundits and it sounds as if Spurs dominated the first 45 minutes last Saturday, managed to score only one and then ran out of steam and were run ragged by Wolves. Our school-boy defending meant that we never found out if we could put them under pressure in the second 45 minutes but there was a 7-9 minute period before their second goal where they looked a little dodgy in defence.

We weren't able to cope with their attack in the first half and this was made far worse by defensive errors to give them 2 goal head-start. We can't do that at this level but second home game in a row that it's happened. It just seemed to be the same ball over and over and it seemed to undo us time and time again.

One positive I can find is that fans made more noise as game wore on. Vital that fans drive the team on and see the long season ahead. Further positive is that only Liverpool now can do that type of performance to us at home.
    And Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    And Chelsea
    Maybe, and depends on what they do in this window, but I am not currently worried about that game. Not saying we're going to pick up a point but them beating Palace only one nil recently is where they are as an away side at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Maybe, and depends on what they do in this window, but I am not currently worried about that game. Not saying we're going to pick up a point but them beating Palace only one nil recently is where they are as an away side at the moment.
    I guess if Hazard goes then that will diminish the threat of a hammering.

Huddersfield is the key one now, followed by Newcastle.

2 positive results will be a huge boost for us

Took my old man to the game yesterday ..... He wanted to leave after the 3rd goal went in 25 mins.

Never have I seen softer goals being scored ..... It was absolutely pathetic, Morrison looked like a deer in headlights.

Never mind a striker we need some decent CB's ............ Need to stop conceding soft goals like we did yesterday