+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellers accused of bullying & anti-English behaviour

Re: Bellers accused of bullying & anti-English behaviour

During a pre-season tour of Italy, it is claimed, he turned off the sound when God Save The Queen was played as the squad watched the World Cup on television.

There was another alleged incident when, on the team coach travelling to a match at Bristol City, Bellamy told the players he hated Swansea but his contempt for Bristol was even stronger because 'they're English'.

One English player, who is yet to turn 18, felt intimidated and alienated by the alleged comments.
    Bellars is Welsh and of course will indulge in banter, if a high % of the team were from Cardiff, then maybe CB was trying to get them up for the game

lets look at the feeling intimidated bit first, a under 18 should feel intimidated by bellars, he is the lads boss, he has played at the highest level and lets be honest is a bit of a hot-head, so the lad should been a little intimidation around him, it was only natural

now the alienated bit, so the lad is English ( might even be from Bristol ) and Bellars gave it a bit of the big one with some English and Wurzel Banter, my advice to the lad, welcome to the real world, try and give Bellars a hug, it might help work the situation out

We've all been on the receiving end of great bantz like this, but what is he hoping to achieve from it? I can't think of any positives.

Not like Bellamy to be aggressive

Firstly until there’s a more reliable source than the Daily Nazi then there’s absolutely no proof that these allegations are true.

However, for the sake of the debate, if he is guilty of these words and actions, why are people so quick to just pass this off as banter?

He’s a grown man, a professional, with a responsible job at a Premier League football club, a league watched by millions globally. He is in charge of young men,at the start of their careers, his job is to develop them not abuse them. He’s not with his mates down the pub. Or it’s not another player wet behind the years who’s been naive with banter. He’s a peer and a role model for these kids.

If he’s guilty of calling the young lad an “English twat” and saying he hates the English that’s not banters, that is bang out of order and gross misconduct. He wouldn’t get away with saying “Black Bastard” or he hates Pakis.

Two wrongs don’t make a right and even if he did suffer similair mistreatment that was over 20 years and society has changed and he should know better.

I do find the irony quite laughable though. People on twitter who have been outraged for days at Jeremy Vines comments on the Welsh language are now passing off a coach calling a kid an English twat as “Bantz”. Precious as **** when shoes on the other foot but when it’s Xenophobia on the English “it’s just banter mun innit butt”.

I wonder if we’d have seen similair replies if a 17 year old Aaron Ramsey, living away from home, was subject to similair treatment at Arsenal? He only has to be dropped by Arsenal and there’s all sorts of outrage on the boards and social media. God help if he was discriminated against for being Welsh.

I really hope this is fake news as I absolutely love hearing Bellers talk football and think he has a lot to offer if he does eventually succeed Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Firstly until there’s a more reliable source than the Daily Nazi then there’s absolutely no proof that these allegations are true.

However, for the sake of the debate, if he is guilty of these words and actions, why are people so quick to just pass this off as banter?

He’s a grown man, a professional, with a responsible job at a Premier League football club, a league watched by millions globally. He is in charge of young men,at the start of their careers, his job is to develop them not abuse them. He’s not with his mates down the pub. Or it’s not another player wet behind the years who’s been naive with banter. He’s a peer and a role model for these kids.

If he’s guilty of calling the young lad an “English twat” and saying he hates the English that’s not banters, that is bang out of order and gross misconduct. He wouldn’t get away with saying “Black Bastard” or he hates Pakis.

Two wrongs don’t make a right and even if he did suffer similair mistreatment that was over 20 years and society has changed and he should know better.

I do find the irony quite laughable though. People on twitter who have been outraged for days at Jeremy Vines comments on the Welsh language are now passing off a coach calling a kid an English twat as “Bantz”. Precious as **** when shoes on the other foot but when it’s Xenophobia on the English “it’s just banter mun innit butt”.

I wonder if we’d have seen similair replies if a 17 year old Aaron Ramsey, living away from home, was subject to similair treatment at Arsenal? He only has to be dropped by Arsenal and there’s all sorts of outrage on the boards and social media. God help if he was discriminated against for being Welsh.

I really hope this is fake news as I absolutely love hearing Bellers talk football and think he has a lot to offer if he does eventually succeed Warnock.
    Great post, completely agree, these are kids and Bellamy is in a position of trust and power. Let's hope it's the Mail talking shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Great post, completely agree, these are kids and Bellamy is in a position of trust and power. Let's hope it's the Mail talking shit again.
    I sincerely hope so. His analysis is superb and it would be a shame if such an astute student of the game, and born winner, can’t keep his aggressive nature under control.

Wasn’t a West Ham scout fired for being caught sending an email saying not to sign anymore Africans? It was because of the African nations cup but it was turned into a racism episode and he had to walk the plank.

I doubt the Premier League, FA and even Cardiff City FC would view this as “bantz”. It is damaging to their brand, and damaging to the club.

Tan would look a massive hypocrite if he was guilty and this was swept under the carpet, after the many years he’s reminded everyone of Malkys racism.

Like I say, hope it’s just the Nazi shit stirring because it’s such an easy story to pin onto the Bellers aggressive stereotype.

I sincerely hope so. His analysis is superb and it would be a shame if such an astute student of the game, and born winner, can’t keep his aggressive nature under control.
    Absolutely, he talks well and is articulate. There's not many from this City with his belief and desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely, he talks well and is articulate. There's not many from this City with his belief and desire.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...stigation.html

Update. The lads parents have a lot more to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...stigation.html

Update. The lads parents have a lot more to say here.

So the allegation about Bellamy 'bullying' this Alfie Madden and favouring Welsh lads is over 15 months old? I thought this was a hot off the press scoop, but it's not.

Presumably the club (through James McCarthy if no-one more senior) decided back then that there wasn't any serious misconduct?

This latest article doesn't link this allegation to the other ones about turning off GSTQ or references to Bristol City, Swansea or the English in general. I assume that the parents of Alfie Madden went to the Mail with this story so the other stuff in the previous article is also from mid 2017?

The mail seem to have it in for Bellamy. They re-told the Riise golf club incident recently.

I saw Alfie Madden play a quite a few times, mostly at left back, after he signed for us after being released by West Ham I think it was - I'm assuming he must have been sixteen when he came here. His parents say that Craig Bellamy wasn't involved in his development during his first year here when I remember him as being something of a squad player for the Academy team - my recollection, possibly wrong because it's hard to be certain about things at this level given the lack of records, is that he played more times for them in his second year when he was, allegedly, the victim of bullying from Bellamy.
    I have to say that at no time did Alfie Madden strike me as being good enough to play first team football for City and I was not surprised in the slightest to learn of his release by the club, as announced in their retained list, at the end of last season - the possibility must exist I suppose that the decision to release him may have been more than just a footballing one, but, based on what I saw, I believe it was the right one if it was made on his footballing ability alone.
    The allegations as set out by Madden's parents sound very damning and the hanging jury which is the Daily Mail comments section have already decided on Bellamy's guilt, but they are just allegations. As Jon 1959 says these allegations seem to have taken their time to get into the public domain.
    I've searched for Alfie Madden on the club website and the latest entry I can find for him is one in late September 2017 when he was an unused sub in a Development team match against Charlton, so, as Jon says, there appears to be a delay of around fifteen months between Madden's parents taking him away from the club and this story appearing in the Daily Mail - this is suggestive of, but not proof, of Mr and Mrs Madden going to the press after not getting the action they wanted from Cardiff City.
    Also, Joel Bagan, who joined us from Southampton in the summer and is down as being English on the club website has been a regular choice in the Under 18 side all season - I watched him play ninety minutes for the Academy side in their penultimate fixture before Christmas on 15 December against Ipswich. So, that hardly suggests that Craig Bellamy is anti English per se.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I saw Alfie Madden play a quite a few times, mostly at left back, after he signed for us after being released by West Ham I think it was - I'm assuming he must have been sixteen when he came here. His parents say that Craig Bellamy wasn't involved in his development during his first year here when I remember him as being something of a squad player for the Academy team - my recollection, possibly wrong because it's hard to be certain about things at this level given the lack of records, is that he played more times for them in his second year when he was, allegedly, the victim of bullying from Bellamy.
    I have to say that at no time did Alfie Madden strike me as being good enough to play first team football for City and I was not surprised in the slightest to learn of his release by the club, as announced in their retained list, at the end of last season - the possibility must exist I suppose that the decision to release him may have been more than just a footballing one, but, based on what I saw, I believe it was the right one if it was made on his footballing ability alone.
    The allegations as set out by Madden's parents sound very damning and the hanging jury which is the Daily Mail comments section have already decided on Bellamy's guilt, but they are just allegations. As Jon 1959 says these allegations seem to have taken their time to get into the public domain.
    I've searched for Alfie Madden on the club website and the latest entry I can find for him is one in late September 2017 when he was an unused sub in a Development team match against Charlton, so, as Jon says, there appears to be a delay of around fifteen months between Madden's parents taking him away from the club and this story appearing in the Daily Mail - this is suggestive of, but not proof, of Mr and Mrs Madden going to the press after not getting the action they wanted from Cardiff City.
    Also, Joel Bagan, who joined us from Southampton in the summer and is down as being English on the club website has been a regular choice in the Under 18 side all season - I watched him play ninety minutes for the Academy side in their penultimate fixture before Christmas on 15 December against Ipswich. So, that hardly suggests that Craig Bellamy is anti English per se.
    Plus if they actually chose to speak to the daily mail about this then its difficult to have any more respect for what they say. Nothing from the player himself either.

It's difficult to see how this being out will benefit the man Alfie in any way- but im sure his parents have their own reasons for sharing what he told them anyway, same as im sure the daily mail have their own reasons for presenting this story the way they are.

The Daily Mail has many failings but it's football coverage is excellent.

When Sterling got racially abused recently, Bellamy was very strong and forthright in his views it was a society problem, rather than a football problem, and that Brexit was a catalyst for racist behaviour. He spoke very well on the matter.

Coincidence maybe but since then the Daily Nazi have run two negative stories on him. They’ve dragged up the John Arne Riise golf club incident, and now this xenophobic bullying story.

After speaking so well on the treatment received by Sterling it will be massively disappointing if he is guilty of the accusations levelled at him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looks like Madden joined FGR after us, and then was presumably released (or he decided to go into English football). Bellamy's best mate (or certainly close friend) is Kieran Dyer, as Dyer was lined up to be his assistant at Oxford.

I really hope that this is rubbish, or Bellamy going too far but not completely overstepping the line. If what they've said is true, it's going to be hard to see how he can continue in the role. Bellamy is a regular on Sky, and I think he's done all of our games so they obviously pulled him from last night's coverage after this story.

When Sterling got racially abused recently, Bellamy was very strong and forthright in his views it was a society problem, rather than a football problem, and that Brexit was a catalyst for racist behaviour. He spoke very well on the matter.

Coincidence maybe but since then the Daily Nazi have run two negative stories on him. They’ve dragged up the John Arne Riise golf club incident, and now this xenophobic bullying story.

After speaking so well on the treatment received by Sterling it will be massively disappointing if he is guilty of the accusations levelled at him.
    To be fair, the Riise thing is probably because it's in his new autobiography. Other papers are running it again too.

And I can understand why, even all these years later it's insane what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To be fair, the Riise thing is probably because it's in his new autobiography. Other papers are running it again too.

And I can understand why, even all these years later it's insane what he did.
    Clearly a coincidence on the Riise story then, and yes, agreed, having read the extract, absolutely insane and probably the juiciest story in the book.

Madden Senior also rang TalkShite to have his say this morning when they were discussing the allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Madden Senior also rang TalkShite to have his say this morning when they were discussing the allegations.
    The story not going to go away then. Be interesting to see how the club, and Bellers respond.

Could be the story is only being dragged out now, as Bellamy has been getting a lot of media coverage through his role with Sky this season.

He’s flavour of the month with Sky, the next Gary Neville maybe, and the papers will know the story will sell better now he’s back in the spotlight.

The story not going to go away then. Be interesting to see how the club, and Bellers respond.
    Hopefully the club did investigate this back in June 2017 or whenever it was initially brought to attention. If they have investigated it and have already decided that he has no case to answer too (certainly to the degree that Alfie's Mum and Dad are making out); they can issue a statement and just knock it on the head.

I dare say even if the club do issue a statement of support in Bellamy's favour; that further stories will follow. You make a lot of enemies in youth football I'd imagine. Kids and parent's put some much money and moreso effort into getting someone to the highest level possible and then suddenly the rug is pulled from beneath their feet because frankly they're not good enough. I dare say most parents/kids don't agree with that decision.

I've personally only heard positive things about CB's role @ CCFC. Is he a hard taskmaster; yes. Is he a bully, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Hopefully the club did investigate this back in June 2017 or whenever it was initially brought to attention. If they have investigated it and have already decided that he has no case to answer too (certainly to the degree that Alfie's Mum and Dad are making out); they can issue a statement and just knock it on the head.

I dare say even if the club do issue a statement of support in Bellamy's favour; that further stories will follow. You make a lot of enemies in youth football I'd imagine. Kids and parent's put some much money and moreso effort into getting someone to the highest level possible and then suddenly the rug is pulled from beneath their feet because frankly they're not good enough. I dare say most parents/kids don't agree with that decision.

I've personally only heard positive things about CB's role @ CCFC. Is he a hard taskmaster; yes. Is he a bully, I don't think so.
    Alfie’s dad was on Talk Sport this morning repeating the accusations. Claiming Bellamy singled his son out but they don’t know why. Talk Sport were trying to get hold of the club to respond, but don’t know whether they did or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Alfie’s dad was on Talk Sport this morning repeating the accusations. Claiming Bellamy singled his son out but they don’t know why. Talk Sport were trying to get hold of the club to respond, but don’t know whether they did or not.
    Think a statement should be forthcoming this afternoon.

Club will be in a difficult position whatever they say mind.