Re: Bellers accused of bullying & anti-English behaviour

Listen. Its all bollox yeah.

Anti-Cardiff media agenda, trying to unstabilise club

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Nothing to see here.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bellamy has made anti English comments to the player concerned, but I'm also fairly sure that he had to put up with worse as a Welsh teenager living on the other side of the country when he started off at Norwich. On the face of it, this looks like a case of the sort of thing that has probably gone on at football clubs ever since the game started, but people react differently to such behaviour these days. Footballers are notoriously bad at accepting blame when things go wrong - has someone come up with a "reason" for their failure to get where they want to be in their career at this time rather than accepting that they may have to do more to progress in the game?

Bullying in the workplace is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly. The article alleges Bellamy is aggressive and intolerant and that is why many don't think he would make a good manager. Of course the story might not be true but on the balance of probability there might well be something in it especially as we are told the club are investigating the allegations. However, I do believe the anti English slant in the article quoted has been exaggerated as throughout his career Bellamy has played mainly with English players and now functions with them in his media career. Nothing I have seen or read suggests Bellamy is a racial xenophobe where the English are concerned.

While bullying/aggression/ intolerance etc might work with some kids many hardened professionals wouldn't stand for it. People skills are as important as coaching when it comes to getting the best out of players and that is one of the reasons why Warnock has been so successful and might ultimately prove to be Bellamy's downfall.

If Bellamy wants to manage he will need to modify his behaviour and develop better people skills assuming of course the article is an accurate reflection of what actually happened.

At 21 I moved away to Nottingham to work.

90% of the people were brilliant.

A few, though, - particularly 2 old guys tried to be clever and ‘bully’ me with anti- Welsh crap.

I just laughed it off. Gave it back twice as strong as I got it. I’m intensely proud to be Welsh and all it confirmed to me was I was better than them.
    It soon stopped.

For me it was another part of growing up and fighting my corner.

There was also loads of friendly ‘banter’ which just made me feel that I fitted in. One lad used to ring me up pretending to be various people just to hear me say ‘speaking’ in my strong Welsh accent.
    And then he’d copy me and we’d both wet ourselves laughing over it. I’d then make fun of his stupid ( to me) East Midlands accent and the fact they call everyone ‘duck’. My scouse mate got it too 😂

Mostly I learned that the English in general are lovely people and no different to us. As a young family with nothing except a little baby a crappy car, a lot of love and a bit of hope, we were welcomed into the community and will never forget the generosity of some people who we’d never met before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Bullying in the workplace is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly. The article alleges Bellamy is aggressive and intolerant and that is why many don't think he would make a good manager. Of course the story might not be true but on the balance of probability there might well be something in it especially as we are told the club are investigating the allegations. However, I do believe the anti English slant in the article quoted has been exaggerated as throughout his career Bellamy has played mainly with English players and now functions with them in his media career. Nothing I have seen or read suggests Bellamy is a racial xenophobe where the English are concerned.

While bullying/aggression/ intolerance etc might work with some kids many hardened professionals wouldn't stand for it. People skills are as important as coaching when it comes to getting the best out of players and that is one of the reasons why Warnock has been so successful and might ultimately prove to be Bellamy's downfall.

If Bellamy wants to manage he will need to modify his behaviour and develop better people skills assuming of course the article is an accurate reflection of what actually happened.
    Agreed. In any case he will also need to build a new reputation whilst overcoming those that will focus on his past off field behaviour.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was some truth in it ,he's always been laddish and edgy .

During a pre-season tour of Italy, it is claimed, he turned off the sound when God Save The Queen was played as the squad watched the World Cup on television.

There was another alleged incident when, on the team coach travelling to a match at Bristol City, Bellamy told the players he hated Swansea but his contempt for Bristol was even stronger because 'they're English'.

One English player, who is yet to turn 18, felt intimidated and alienated by the alleged comments.
    Oh the ****ing horror...

It’s just banter

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    It’s just banter
    Not in this #metoo world ,some of the snowflakes you see now make you wonder if we will ever produce a Calum Patterson type footballer again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

A few, though, - particularly 2 old guys tried to be clever and ‘bully’ me with anti- Welsh crap.

I just laughed it off. Gave it back twice as strong as I got it. I’m intensely proud to be Welsh and all it confirmed to me was I was better than them.
    It soon stopped.

There was also loads of friendly ‘banter’ which just made me feel that I fitted in. One lad used to ring me up pretending to be various people just to hear me say ‘speaking’ in my strong Welsh accent.
    And then he’d copy me and we’d both wet ourselves laughing over it. I’d then make fun of his stupid ( to me) East Midlands accent and the fact they call everyone ‘duck’. My scouse mate got it too 😂

Mostly I learned that the English in general are lovely people and no different to us. As a young family with nothing except a little baby a crappy car, a lot of love and a bit of hope, we were welcomed into the community and will never forget the generosity of some people who we’d never met before.

Good that you were able to deal with it, however, this lad is probably only 16/17 and might not want to "give it back", he might feel intimidated to do so, or perhaps he simply doesn't wish to. We don't know for sure if what has been alleged is true or not, but the club would be failing if they didn't look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Good that you were able to deal with it, however, this lad is probably only 16/17 and might not want to "give it back", he might feel intimidated to do so, or perhaps he simply doesn't wish to. We don't know for sure if what has been alleged is true or not, but the club would be failing if they didn't look into it.
    In order to judge we need to know exactly what was said and the context.

Turning the English national anthem off on the radio doesn’t seem that bad on the face of it, and the comments about Swansea and Bristol may have been Bellamy identifying what Cardiff fans as a whole think rather than his own personal views , which from what he’s said in public are probably not the same anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Yea Bellers,just in case your guilty.Av a dollop or morality.2nd hand shit is good enough for me.

We don't know if any of this is true, but if it is, then he needs to stop right now. The defining factor in this is that Bellamy is dealing with Teenagers who may be miles from home is a pressure environment where they have to be better than their colleagues-Imagine that at such an early age. This is a subject that i know all to well after experiencing something very similar at that age, and not just me. I hope it isn't true or at least done in a jokey misguided way.

At least he's not shagg1ng them.

At least he's not shagg1ng them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

It soon stopped.

And then he’d copy me and we’d both wet ourselves laughing over it. I’d then make fun of his stupid ( to me) East Midlands accent and the fact they call everyone ‘duck’. My scouse mate got it too ��

Moved to London at 19, and had it relentlessly for the 30 years I was there, both from work colleagues and in pubs. On one occasion there was even a drawing of someone shagg1ng a sheep pinned to my locker.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if Bellamy has made anti English comments to the player concerned, but I'm also fairly sure that he had to put up with worse as a Welsh teenager living on the other side of the country when he started off at Norwich. On the face of it, this looks like a case of the sort of thing that has probably gone on at football clubs ever since the game started, but people react differently to such behaviour these days. Footballers are notoriously bad at accepting blame when things go wrong - has someone come up with a "reason" for their failure to get where they want to be in their career at this time rather than accepting that they may have to do more to progress in the game?
    Exactly. We've all been called sheep shaggers.

...and is this not a similar situation - ie banter - to Malky?
    I thought and said at the time that the situation was overblown and that people ought to grow up and accept there are differences that will always be pointed out......do I get offended if I am called 'sheepshagger'...no....taffy? no.....I now live in France....would I get offended if I was called 'froggy...'? no.
    Grow up people...Lawnmower has it right....laugh it off and give as good as you get.

[QUOTE=Maurice Swan;4936941]...and is this not a similar situation - ie banter - to Malky?
    I thought and said at the time that the situation was overblown and that people ought to grow up and accept there are differences that will always be pointed out......do I get offended if I am called 'sheepshagger'...no....taffy? no.....I now live in France....would I get offended if I was called 'froggy...'? no.
    Grow up people...Lawnmower has it right....laugh it off and give as good as you get.[/QUOTE

We're talking about Teenage lads who are miles from their family and friends in a very demanding environment, with a person in charge who they'd have grown up idolising and wanting to emulate. It isn't just 'banter' at times it's intimidation, letting people know who the **** is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Oh the ****ing horror...
    Won't someone think of the children?!?!?!

...aw...poor snowflakes...they will have to face many worse situations in life than this...nampy pampy generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

We're talking about Teenage lads who are miles from their family and friends in a very demanding environment, with a person in charge who they'd have grown up idolising and wanting to emulate. It isn't just 'banter' at times it's intimidation, letting people know who the **** is in charge.
    I get what you're saying but I'm sure it was you earlier in the season complaining about a lack of intensity in age group games, it's a hard balance to find. I can't see how youngsters are going to progress if they're allowed to drift along in a comfort zone but, of course, if individuals or small groups are being singled out for unfair treatment then it needs to be looked into.

Hard to comment on this case without knowing more details but as one of the English youngsters in our Academy is Warnock's son then I'll be surprised if a seriously anti-English culture has been allowed to develop without the club becoming aware of it.