+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bellers accused of bullying & anti-English behaviour

Re: Bellers accused of bullying & anti-English behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Alfie’s dad was on Talk Sport this morning repeating the accusations. Claiming Bellamy singled his son out but they don’t know why. Talk Sport were trying to get hold of the club to respond, but don’t know whether they did or not.
    The Club are probably trying to work out what to do. Madden left us to join FGR, so maybe Bellamy decided he wasn't good enough and gave him a hard time? You're always going to back your son to the hilt but as his dad wasn't there during training sessions it's hard to know the extent. We've all felt someone had it in for us and in reality, they probably haven't but it felt like that at the time. I don't know though, and I really hope the club looked into it at the time, and have found in his favour.

What they absolutely can't do is support Bellamy straight away, and then more stuff comes out of the woodwork. Saying nothing until you have the full picture is important here. If it's true, Bellamy will probably have to walk and will go off TV for a while. Interesting this story came out a week or so about the bullying at Aston Villa, which was discussed on the debate with Bellamy in the studio (although don't think he contributed).

While we are discussing anti-social beahviour in the game what an absolute bunch of cretins a lot of City supporters were during the Spurs game. Taking the piss out of someone's speech impediment was the action of guttersnipes. I wonder how many of those cretins have a child with physical or mental imperfections.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    While we are discussing anti-social beahviour in the game what an absolute bunch of cretins a lot of City supporters were during the Spurs game. Taking the piss out of someone's speech impediment was the action of guttersnipes. I wonder how many of those cretins have a child with physical or mental imperfections.
    I agree and possibly have implicit or explicit bullying tendencies themselves. I also think that many on here are confusing banter with bullying. Both are completely different.

Surely a 5 point deduction to Cardiff �� just clutching at straws

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What were they chanting?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What were they chanting?
    Harry Kane, he spits when he talks, in response to Spurs he's one of our own chant.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Hopefully the club did investigate this back in June 2017 or whenever it was initially brought to attention. If they have investigated it and have already decided that he has no case to answer too (certainly to the degree that Alfie's Mum and Dad are making out); they can issue a statement and just knock it on the head.
    This. I guess it depends if it was documented at the time & how formal the complaint made.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Also, Joel Bagan, who joined us from Southampton in the summer and is down as being English on the club website has been a regular choice in the Under 18 side all season - I watched him play ninety minutes for the Academy side in their penultimate fixture before Christmas on 15 December against Ipswich. So, that hardly suggests that Craig Bellamy is anti English per se.
    I think Bagan is Scottish, he's played age group stuff for them. There aren't many English lads playing for the Academy this season but as they're top of the league it's hard to question Bellamy's selection policy.

I've no idea if there's any substance to all this but as one of the English lads is William Warnock I'd be amazed if there are serious problems in the Academy presently. If his dad goes to the press with similar allegations then we've definitely got a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I think Bagan is Scottish, he's played age group stuff for them. There aren't many English lads playing for the Academy this season but as they're top of the league it's hard to question Bellamy's selection policy.

I've no idea if there's any substance to all this but as one of the English lads is William Warnock I'd be amazed if there are serious problems in the Academy presently. If his dad goes to the press with similar allegations then we've definitely got a story.
    City's website and Wikipedia show Bagan as English;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/team...er/joel-bagan/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_F.C._Academy

Of the English players showing in the Under 18 squad on Wikipedia, Duffey is the regular substitute goalkeeper, Andrew-Knott and Smith have played little, if any, football for the team this season (think the latter may have been a very occasional sub for the Under 23s) and Warnock has made the odd appearance for them, but he does seem to be becoming a more regular name in the squad these days.

Going back to Bagan, Football Manager is showing him as Scottish - English born with a family qualification to play for Scotland seems the most likely explanation to me.

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-man...155/joel-bagan