+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madine

Madine

What’s the point putting him in the match day squad if we’re not going to use him?

Re: Madine

Just pay his contract up and send him packing. Guy shouldn’t be anywhere near a Premier League bench.

Should never have signed the useless lump in the first place. As big a waste as Acorn.

The worry is we go down and he then becomes our no.1striker

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What’s the point putting him in the match day squad if we’re not going to use him?
    Collects the balls and puts them into a sack-Duly misses the sack..

I think Madine, Damour, Ward and Connolly will be gone this window - either sold or on loan - as clearly NW has no faith in them.

We really need 4 Prem players in this window. Ideally Clyne, a midfielder and 2 strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think Madine, Damour, Ward and Connolly will be gone this window - either sold or on loan - as clearly NW has no faith in them.

We really need 4 Prem players in this window. Ideally Clyne, a midfielder and 2 strikers
    We'll be fortunate to get one striker in the window, let alone two, so I don't see Ward going anywhere.

The way Spurs played tonight 3/4 at the back marking Reid was a joke.
    At least Gary would have give them something to think about.
    He's not been given a chance

I thought ward done ok earlier in the season was given a few thankless tasks got injured hasn't been seen since me and tuerto was discussing it the other day that we could give one of the youngsters a go on the bench even if he didn't get on imagine how tall he would feel just there and if he has no interest putting him on even when we're getting spanked what's the point even pilks being out of the 25 man squad is a strange one

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    International defenders will mop up the very limited Madine for breakfast. Davidson Sanchez is a monster, he wouldn’t be bullied by Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    When did they have 3/4 at the back? They only played 2 there all night, Sanchez & Alderweireld. They played 2-4-4 or 2-3-5 you can't accuse Trippier or Rose of defending, they were in our half most of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thought ward done ok earlier in the season was given a few thankless tasks got injured hasn't been seen since me and tuerto was discussing it the other day that we could give one of the youngsters a go on the bench even if he didn't get on imagine how tall he would feel just there and if he has no interest putting him on even when we're getting spanked what's the point even pilks being out of the 25 man squad is a strange one
    Pilks is a far better player and professional than Madine. The only reason Madines in the 25 and Pilkington isnt is because we paid millions for Madine and leaving him out of the 25 is an admission by Warnock he dropped a boo boo signing him in the first place.

I give up Des Parrotttttttttttt you must be the guy who sits behind me we call "The Coach"

Reid obviously isn't up for the fight and doesn't have the quality to play alone against top Premier League defences.

I could see him doing well in a good Championship team, or against a team like Huddersfield in a 4-4-2 but with what we were trying to do today, he just doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Reid obviously isn't up for the fight and doesn't have the quality to play alone against top Premier League defences.

I could see him doing well in a good Championship team, or against a team like Huddersfield in a 4-4-2 but with what we were trying to do today, he just doesn't fit.
    I think you’re being incredibly harsh saying he’s not up for the fight. He always gives 100%, never skulks around the pitch, or looks disenterested, as someone who is not up for the fight would be. Hes just been asked more often than not to do an impossible job.

Our players have massive deficiencies at this level but I’m not sure any of them could be accused of lacking in fight.

Madine is useless. Worst striker we’ve ever signed for that sort of money and that includes Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Madine is useless. Worst striker we’ve ever signed for that sort of money and that includes Cornelius.
    Everyone goes on about cornelius but he didn't cost that much really- he was very young and got injured- and hes since played a lot in the champions league and been to the world cup with a decent side.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Everyone goes on about cornelius but he didn't cost that much really- he was very young and got injured- and hes since played a lot in the champions league and been to the world cup with a decent side.
    Exactly, that’s why Madine is more useless

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Exactly, that’s why Madine is more useless
    Hard to argue with really.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Didn’t cost much! We blew a large chunk of our transfer and wage budget on a player Malky then said needed developing. He was one of the highest paid at the club. 45k a week 5 year contract!

So what he’s played in the champions league. So have a lot of players for teams in minnow leagues. Celtic players for starters. He’s never done anything of note in the champions league.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think you’re being incredibly harsh saying he’s not up for the fight. He always gives 100%, never skulks around the pitch, or looks disenterested, as someone who is not up for the fight would be. Hes just been asked more often than not to do an impossible job.

Our players have massive deficiencies at this level but I’m not sure any of them could be accused of lacking in fight.
    I didn't mean it like that. I meant that he's not up to playing a physical game.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We'll be fortunate to get one striker in the window, let alone two, so I don't see Ward going anywhere.
    Ward's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ward's injured.
    Shame ward is always injured , does seem to have something about him.
    Unfortunately has been blighted by injuries all his career.