+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock was disappointed with 'one or two players'

Warnock was disappointed with 'one or two players'

Pretty strong words and the look on his face in the first half was a site to behold.
    I was wondering which players he meant, (i know 8/9 for awful) they were obviously not following orders.

Murphy must be in the frame, for not supporting Cunningham
    Cunningham made several basic errors resulting in goals
    Morrison was giving Spurs forwards too much room
    Bamba was fecking about with the ball as usual

I think the defence proved conclusively that it cannot cope with pace and movement at this level.
    Only Manga came out with any credit.
    I could go on, but I would not be at all surprised to see a bit of a shake up next game, hopefully with some new players.

Re: Warnock was disappointed with 'one or two players'

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Pretty strong words and the look on his face in the first half was a site to behold.
    I was wondering which players he meant, (i know 8/9 for awful) they were obviously not following orders.

I think the defence proved conclusively that it cannot cope with pace and movement at this level.
    I could go on, but I would not be at all surprised to see a bit of a shake up next game, hopefully with some new players.
    Our next league game in Huddersfield. We've done well vs the sides around us at home, so we can't gamble and rip things up. We've just beaten Leicester. Today was a shambles but we shouldn't use that as the yard stick for measuring our players. Why Bennett isn't playing, I don't know, though.

No time for experimenting, and making a point to the players he’s disappointed with, against Huddersfield. Its the biggest game of the season to date. 3 points an absolute must when you look at the other home games we have left.

I expect Warnock will give the players a much needed rocket after such an inept performance but he knows he has to play his best XI against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our next league game in Huddersfield. We've done well vs the sides around us at home, so we can't gamble and rip things up. We've just beaten Leicester. Today was a shambles but we shouldn't use that as the yard stick for measuring our players. Why Bennett isn't playing, I don't know, though.
    I've always had the feeling that Warnock is not a big fan of Bennett and Cunningham was brought him to replace him.
    I think Cunningham showed conclusively today that despite any failings he may have, Bennett is the better full back.

I've always had the feeling that Warnock is not a big fan of Bennett and Cunningham was brought him to replace him.
    I think Cunningham showed conclusively today that despite any failings he may have, Bennett is the better full back.
    Bennett is far from the best left back at this level, and has been found wanting on occasion himself a few times this season. However, It’s not even close out of him and Cunningham and if Warnock persists with Cunningham than he’s just being a stubborn old man who, like many other managers, has his favourites and his outcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bennett is far from the best left back at this level, and has been found wanting on occasion himself a few times this season. However, It’s not even close out of him and Cunningham and if Warnock persists with Cunningham than he’s just being a stubborn old man who, like many other managers, has his favourites and his outcasts.
    Murphy being pulled off at half time probably offers a clue! Warnock will probably blame him more than cunnigham.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Murphy being pulled off at half time probably offers a clue! Warnock will probably blame him more than cunnigham.
    He didn’t give him much protection granted but Cunningham was woeful in possession and not even close to the man he should have been marking.

I thought he was playing in ice skates he takes that many touches to get the ball under control.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He didn’t give him much protection granted but Cunningham was woeful in possession and not even close to the man he should have been marking.

I thought he was playing in ice skates he takes that many touches to get the ball under control.

“ a touch like a trampoline”

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I’m not sure what he expects him to do though he can’t be our one main attaching threat and keep supporting the lb, he can’t run 90 yards every 2 mins, it should be one of the midfielders sitting back who should be covering for him

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m not sure what he expects him to do though he can’t be our one main attaching threat and keep supporting the lb, he can’t run 90 yards every 2 mins, it should be one of the midfielders sitting back who should be covering for him
    I think he took Murphy off to save him, and also bring Hoilett on to cover and stop it becoming a cricket score.

As someone suggested on here last night in an effort to frustrate the big boys maybe play Bennett in front of Cunningham.

I'm in row D of the Ninian, so Murphy played the first half right in front of me. His attention and awareness were shocking. He's great going forward until he reaches the 18 yard box. But as soon as Spurs had the ball he was shocking. Spurs over loaded their right for the first 1/2 hour. Trippier was 5 yards passed Murphy before he even woke up to the notion. Cunningham was left with Trippier, Sissoko & Son on numerous occasions.

As JRH has said above, I'd put Bennett in front on Cunningham. He's a better combined defender / attacker than Murphy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cunningham had a shocking first half. I haven’t seen anything so far to suggest that he is an upgrade on Bennett.