+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Re: Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dont understand the lightweight comment at all. Some of the best players in the league are small and of slight build.

If we put him upfront as a lone striker against two centre half’s and play it head height to him than that’s Warnocks problem for not playing to his strengths.

I think the comment should be that he shouldn’t be anywhere near a Neil Warnock team, rather than anywhere near a premier league team.

Caused City and United problems last year when playing for Bristol City, who played to his strengths.
    Exactly. How many times last match did we even attempt to play a ball into his feet? I can only think of the one where he made a great run into the box but Camarasa just overhit the pass. My main worry about any striker we buy is getting them any kind of service.

Re: Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    Exactly. How many times last match did we even attempt to play a ball into his feet? I can only think of the one where he made a great run into the box but Camarasa just overhit the pass. My main worry about any striker we buy is getting them any kind of service.
    Camarasa didn't overhit the pass, Reid was outsprinted by their central defender who neatly eased him off the ball. I was right in line with that pass and the lack of pace from Reid really disappointed me. If he can't move quicker than a central defender twice his size then he has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Camarasa didn't overhit the pass, Reid was outsprinted by their central defender who neatly eased him off the ball. I was right in line with that pass and the lack of pace from Reid really disappointed me. If he can't move quicker than a central defender twice his size then he has no chance.
    Reid is lightning, I don't think lack of pace is the problem. Must have just been caught on his heels with that one

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There seems to be a Reid love in on here. In my view, having seen him a few times, he is worse than useless. He's far too lightweight to be playing anywhere near a Premier League team. Yesterday the tactics with him upfront and Paterson on the wing were baffling.

I agree with the comments about Sala. He is more likely to turn out to be a Madine than anything better.
    It's like having a twelve-year-old up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Reid is lightning, I don't think lack of pace is the problem. Must have just been caught on his heels with that one
    No good being quick if you can't anticipate. That ball should have been his as an attacker and he was nowhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    No good being quick if you can't anticipate. That ball should have been his as an attacker and he was nowhere near it.
    Look at the Fulham goal, he reads it and is onto it quicker than anyone else. He's feeding off scraps at best.

I'd like to see us make a cheeky loan move for Morgan Schneiderlin.

In that case he should be in the team versus Huddersfield ?
    Sorry to be so pessimistic but I am expecting lots of noises from NW stating how difficult it is to sign players in January followed by reports and snippets going on until the final week of the month.

There's no way we're still messing around with Sala if he isn't interested. It's either a case that fee hasn't been agreed; or we've not had any proper interest for a while and the reports out of France are to try and trigger a sale; by his current club.

If Sala clearly had no intention of coming here that would've been known for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    There's no way we're still messing around with Sala if he isn't interested. It's either a case that fee hasn't been agreed; or we've not had any proper interest for a while and the reports out of France are to try and trigger a sale; by his current club.

If Sala clearly had no intention of coming here that would've been known for some time.
    Are we close to any signings? Or do you think it will be to the back end of Jan before we see anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Are we close to any signings? Or do you think it will be to the back end of Jan before we see anyone?
    This is just my opinion, if we were to sign Sala it would be at the end of the window. Their chairman wants a bidding war, so he can fund new players but Sala is out of contract in 18 months. If he's not sold by Jan 30th etc, I think we could low ball as they'll probably want to cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    This is just my opinion, if we were to sign Sala it would be at the end of the window. Their chairman wants a bidding war, so he can fund new players but Sala is out of contract in 18 months. If he's not sold by Jan 30th etc, I think we could low ball as they'll probably want to cash in.
    If we are paying out than sort of money we should be looking at players who have Premier league experience rather than gambling on Sala? Deely,Rodrigues,Rondon,Austin etc
    We’ve gambled with untried managers in that division such as Ole,Slade and Trollope and it didn’t work,experience in that Division is everything that’s why Warnock succeeded?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If we are paying out than sort of money we should be looking at players who have Premier league experience rather than gambling on Sala? Deely,Rodrigues,Rondon,Austin etc
    We’ve gambled with untried managers in that division such as Ole,Slade and Trollope and it didn’t work,experience in that Division is everything that’s why Warnock succeeded?
    The last thing we want is the perennialy injured or speculation about the unavailable. Southampton fans would be laughing their socks off if they thought our survival depended on Austin. And why would West Brom sell Rodrigues when they have plenty of money through prudent spending while in the Premier league and why would Newcastle sell Rondon when they have only just signed him? Anyone half decent with Premier League experience would be way beyond our budget; it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Deely,Rodrigues,Rondon,Austin etc
    Deeney, Rondon & Rodriquez not available. Austin, see Vindec's comment (Rickie Lambert part deux)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Deeney, Rondon & Rodriquez not available. Austin, see Vindec's comment (Rickie Lambert part deux)
    Deeney wasnt good enough for us anyway according to quite a few idiots on here in the summer

Deeney wasnt good enough for us anyway according to quite a few idiots on here in the summer
    Deeny was never available to us despite nonsense press reports. Why would Watford want to sell him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Deeny was never available to us despite nonsense press reports. Why would Watford want to sell him?
    Regardless, when he was being linked, there was many clueless idiots on here claiming he wasn’t good enough.

The way we play he would have been perfect for us.

Regardless, when he was being linked, there was many clueless idiots on here claiming he wasn’t good enough.
    I don't think he would have done much more for us this season than Callum Paterson has - he's scored five this season for a Watford side that create more chances than we do and one of those was a penalty. Would he have been able to make much of the same sort of service Paterson has received this season? I'm not sure he would.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think he would have done much more for us this season than Callum Paterson has - he's scored five this season for a Watford side that create more chances than we do and one of those was a penalty. Would he have been able to make much of the same sort of service Paterson has received this season? I'm not sure he would.
    Yes he would have. He is far, far better when the ball is played up to him then Patterson is. He’s a proper target man.
    Patterson is absolutely shite on the deck,at this level anyway.

He is one of the reasons Watford create more chances as they can play it into him and build off him.

The role Deeney plays is about much more than how many goals he scored personally and can’t believe someone who watches as much football as you do is measuring his contribution on just goals.