+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Re: Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    After clicking through the links, comes from a report in L'Equipe. I'd be surprised if we spent £20m though!

Re: Sala only needs to agree terms for move to Cardiff to go through...........................

Why do I feel so totally underwhelmed by this prospect? It feels like another desperation measure. Sala has no long-term record of success as a striker and I think this is likely to be another very risky buy with little prospect of helping us...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Why do I feel so totally underwhelmed by this prospect? It feels like another desperation measure. Sala has no long-term record of success as a striker and I think this is likely to be another very risky buy with little prospect of helping us...
    Some big teams are linked, I can't imagine we'd pay anywhere near as much money as what's mentioned. For what it's worth, I'd rather spend the money on Camarasa.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Any striker is going to have their work cut out getting us goals. It’s not like we create loads of chances. Aguero and Kane would struggle playing upfront on their own for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    After clicking through the links, comes from a report in L'Equipe. I'd be surprised if we spent £20m though!
    Not £20m. I think this is NWs issue with moving goal posts. €15M tops. Maybe the rest is sell ons or stay up clauses.

I'd prefer us to sign a proper right back and another midfielder and miss out on a striker, rather then the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Any striker is going to have their work cut out getting us goals. It’s not like we create loads of chances. Aguero and Kane would struggle playing upfront on their own for us.
    I think our problem is the style, and the lack of a link man. We have Camarasa as our only midfielder who can pass. Not ideal! I think Reid could perhaps do it, as he's a tidy player but where and how he fits in, I don't know. There's no point playing him up front on his own though, you might as well have you or I out there. Very odd Warnock's two biggest signings each summer have been 10s (Tomlin and Reid) and we don't play with one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'd prefer us to sign a proper right back and another midfielder and miss out on a striker, rather then the other way around.
    I agree. If we can get a defensive mid who can pass, we may be able to play someone further forward to link between the midfield and striker. Also, I think Bruno has done well defensively for the most part but if we can get a right back who can play, that would help no end.

I think our problem is the style, and the lack of a link man. We have Camarasa as our only midfielder who can pass. Not ideal! I think Reid could perhaps do it, as he's a tidy player but where and how he fits in, I don't know. There's no point playing him up front on his own though, you might as well have you or I out there. Very odd Warnock's two biggest signings each summer have been 10s (Tomlin and Reid) and we don't play with one.
    Said the exact same thing yesterday. Bobby Reid is a 10 or a second striker. What he isn’t is a lone striker.

However with Camarasa being given more of a central role, and not out wide / right midfield as he was until recently, there is no way Warnocks going to play with an attacking midfielder and 2 strikers.

Sala could be the Argentinian Gary Madine! or maybe a Michael Chopra if we're lucky.

To be fair Kane drops very deep these days to go and get the ball... the exact thing we need. Maybe Vincent will add an extra 0 to the reported Sala fee and just get Kane instead.

Said the exact same thing yesterday. Bobby Reid is a 10 or a second striker. What he isn’t is a lone striker.

However with Camarasa being given more of a central role, and not out wide / right midfield as he was until recently, there is no way Warnocks going to play with an attacking midfielder and 2 strikers.
    Width is supposed to be our strength, with Hoilett, Murphy, NML & Harris but right now it's a big weakness as they don't track the opposing full backs. Maybe he should look at a diamond with Camarasa & Reid behind a C/F.

Peltier-Manga-Bamba-Cunningham
    Paterson-Gunnarson-Bennett
    Reid-Camarasa
    C/F

(yep, I know I've left out Arter)

For what it's worth, I'd play Reid against Huddersfield. They're bloody awful and Reid isn't. I'd be tempted to play the team that played Fulham etc, there's no way on Earth he's going to play Camarasa and probably Gunnar, with Reid in front.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A few outlets reporting he doesn't want to come, he wants to go to a club who play European Football but Nantes really want to cash in as he's out of contract in 2020.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pull the trigger but we need to be really careful here. I'm pretty risk-averse in my nature though.

For what it's worth, I'd play Reid against Huddersfield. They're bloody awful and Reid isn't. I'd be tempted to play the team that played Fulham etc, there's no way on Earth he's going to play Camarasa and probably Gunnar, with Reid in front.
    I disagree. I don't think Huddersfield are bloody awful. But we need to beat them. They played us off the park at their place until the sending off, after which they put 10 behind the ball. The difference is that they tend to play narrow and through the middle instead of wide. Billing was MoM by some way. We need to be more conventional in midfield and let our front players loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I disagree. I don't think Huddersfield are bloody awful. But we need to beat them. They played us off the park at their place until the sending off, after which they put 10 behind the ball. The difference is that they tend to play narrow and through the middle instead of wide. Billing was MoM by some way. We need to be more conventional in midfield and let our front players loose.
    I probably overreacted, but they're the worst side in the league, probably with us. Billing is a really good player and one I'd love us to sign if we stay up and they go down.

I think it will be back to Pato upfront.

Huddersfield press high against the lesser teams and we don’t have the ability to play around them from the back so we will need to hit long balls.

Would like to see Reid off him but can’t see it, especially if Camarasa is fit.

I probably overreacted, but they're the worst side in the league, probably with us. Billing is a really good player and one I'd love us to sign if we stay up and they go down.
    Aaron Moy is a good player who will be playing in the premier league next season, probably at a new club. Us if we manage to stay up and they go down.

They dominated the game for 65 minutes without really creating much. I work with a few Huddersfield fans, and all of them say this has been their problem all season. I do we think we let them have the impetus in the game and after the red card we did try to get the ball wide and get crosses in, and really should have won the game.

Given our record of buying players vs loans/frees, I really cannot get excited about this at all, it already stinks of the bloke scoring 0 goals, should the transfer go through.

There seems to be a Reid love in on here. In my view, having seen him a few times, he is worse than useless. He's far too lightweight to be playing anywhere near a Premier League team. Yesterday the tactics with him upfront and Paterson on the wing were baffling.

I agree with the comments about Sala. He is more likely to turn out to be a Madine than anything better.

Width is supposed to be our strength, with Hoilett, Murphy, NML & Harris but right now it's a big weakness as they don't track the opposing full backs. Maybe he should look at a diamond with Camarasa & Reid behind a C/F.

Peltier-Manga-Bamba-Cunningham
    Paterson-Gunnarson-Bennett
    Reid-Camarasa
    C/F

(yep, I know I've left out Arter)
    Isn’t that a triangle?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There seems to be a Reid love in on here. In my view, having seen him a few times, he is worse than useless. He's far too lightweight to be playing anywhere near a Premier League team. Yesterday the tactics with him upfront and Paterson on the wing were baffling.

I agree with the comments about Sala. He is more likely to turn out to be a Madine than anything better.
    He's scored twice and has ability on the ball. He needs to bulk up but he's a footballer. He's getting far too much stick for me but there we go. I rate him but I've got no idea where he'd play in a Warnock team and that's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Dont understand the lightweight comment at all. Some of the best players in the league are small and of slight build.

If we put him upfront as a lone striker against two centre half’s and play it head height to him than that’s Warnocks problem for not playing to his strengths.

I think the comment should be that he shouldn’t be anywhere near a Neil Warnock team, rather than anywhere near a premier league team.

Caused City and United problems last year when playing for Bristol City, who played to his strengths.