+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chelsea accept £18 million bid from wolves for Tammy Abraham

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Chelsea accept £18 million bid from wolves for Tammy Abraham

That’s fkd AV

Sorry forgot to add link

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...m-aston-villa/
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 02-01-19 at 13:16. Reason: Fat fingers

Re: Chelsea accept £18 million bid from wolves for Tammy Abraham

Will be interesting to see how he does for them, considering his seemingly poor spell albeit in a struggling Swansea team. He’s obviously done well in each of his loan spells in the championship.

Looking at the championship top scorers, I think Neal Maupay would make a decent signing for us. Has scored a decent amount of goals at championship level, has pace and links play well as a sole striker, which would fit our system. Would it be better to take a punt on him rather than Sala?

Nothing stopping another club putting in a bid either. I doubt though that we could match the personal terms that Wolves could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Nothing stopping another club putting in a bid either. I doubt though that we could match the personal terms that Wolves could offer.
    Nobody is going to choose us over Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Unfortunately, you're right.

I think he would do well there. Just the kind of player they are missing

He's scored 9 in the last 5 for villa

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    That’s fkd AV

Sorry forgot to add link

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...m-aston-villa/
    Telegraph reporting that no fee has been agreed and Chelsea haven't decided what to do
    https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/stat...57750688223232

How is he going to succeed with the lack of goal opportunities? He scores freely for Villa because he gets umpteen chances per game. City need a big man who can hold up play and meet a cross with his head ie someone like Madine but someone 500% better.

There's talk on the other board about Grabban

Personally i'm glad he's not coming to us.
    Has a reputation for a bad attitude, and was disruptive at Bristol and Swansea. He may have matured, but I get the impression he thinks he's better than he actually is, and that's always a bad thing.
    We seem to have a good spirit in the squad at the moment, I wouldn't like to see somebody come in and spoil that.

They did once when Jay Bothroyd did , however Joe Mason decided to go there.

He'll likely be a success at Wolves, their super-agent relationship has really given them a shot in the arm, but unless their is a buy-back option it's quite a low figure for a player who would have hoped to be part of Chelsea's future. What have Chelsea seen to accept that?

Have you been to Wolverhampton?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    We seem to have a good spirit in the squad at the moment, I wouldn't like to see somebody come in and spoil that.
    ....unless he's a French-speaker, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Has a reputation for a bad attitude, and was disruptive at Bristol and Swansea. He may have matured, but I get the impression he thinks he's better than he actually is, and that's always a bad thing.
    Sorry, but that's just not true. He was adored by Bristol City fans. He often played despite carrying niggling injuries and was well-liked in the dressing room apparently (if not, I'm sure something would have surfaced in the media). I think his only misdemeanour was a charge of driving without a licence. I peruse their (Bristol City's) messageboard quite a lot.. with them being our rivals and the fact I have so many of my family living in Bristol - there were never any accusations of him being troublesome.

Computer says no!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He'll likely be a success at Wolves, their super-agent relationship has really given them a shot in the arm, but unless their is a buy-back option it's quite a low figure for a player who would have hoped to be part of Chelsea's future. What have Chelsea seen to accept that?
    Chelsea are looking for a striker so obv don’t rate him much, didn’t they just spend a ridiculous amount on a young American?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sorry, but that's just not true. He was adored by Bristol City fans. He often played despite carrying niggling injuries and was well-liked in the dressing room apparently (if not, I'm sure something would have surfaced in the media). I think his only misdemeanour was a charge of driving without a licence. I peruse their (Bristol City's) messageboard quite a lot.. with them being our rivals and the fact I have so many of my family living in Bristol - there were never any accusations of him being troublesome.
    No pressure at Bristol, in Swansea last season he was dire

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Chelsea are looking for a striker so obv don’t rate him much, didn’t they just spend a ridiculous amount on a young American?
    Pulisic is a winger, who's played 80 Bundesliga games for Dortmund. If Abraham plays for Chelsea this season, he can't go out on loan or be sold until the summer. There's also a big difference between being good enough to score in the Prem and being good enough for Chelsea.

My reply was concerning the allegation of having a bad attitude and being disruptive. He didn't always start for Swansea, plus they were a struggling side who were hardly likely to help his game.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Have you been to Wolverhampton?

It’s a sh*thole with more shops closed and boarded up in the centre than Swansea

The beating pulse of el pais negre

Swansea didn't create very much at all and when he did play he was their most dangerous attacker.
    Complete waste of a season for him, but not entirely his fault.

Chelsea are going to have loads of players to get rid off with new loan rules I think 18mill isn't bad business but i think in the long run it would probably be better to get a system of players from another country as they are much cheaper.