+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhys Healey instead of Madine or Ward?

Rhys Healey instead of Madine or Ward?

Would this be a sensible squad option upfront for the rest of the season? It appears that Madine is never going to actually get on the pitch and I'm not sure when Ward is due back - so it might be worth giving Rhys a squad place to at least provide a nippy option up front.

I'd like to see him given a game for us v Gillingham if this is possible, as I thought he was looking really sharp before his injury.

Re: Rhys Healey instead of Madine or Ward?

I agree with you but he's on loan to MK Dons where he has 9 goals and 3 assists in 20 appearances.
    I think he's also cup tied.

His loan spell is until January, but I'm not sure what date in January. He is Cup Tied though. I expect Madine to start up front, unless he too goes out on loan. The under 21s played the other week and won 7-0, Madine played and failed to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Would this be a sensible squad option upfront for the rest of the season? It appears that Madine is never going to actually get on the pitch and I'm not sure when Ward is due back - so it might be worth giving Rhys a squad place to at least provide a nippy option up front.

I'd like to see him given a game for us v Gillingham if this is possible, as I thought he was looking really sharp before his injury.
    Played for MK Dons vs Grimsby in the First Round so unavailable for us.

Danny Ward has been decent for us ,shows good movement , when not injured.

same could be said of Ken, but at the moment he`s about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Danny Ward has been decent for us ,shows good movement , when not injured.
    I agree, but he has seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time injured during his employment with us. I'd be happy to keep him if he was going to be available but it seems he never is.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I agree, but he has seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time injured during his employment with us. I'd be happy to keep him if he was going to be available but it seems he never is.
    Having watched Healey and Ward(albiet briefly ) I thought Ward displayed a better balance , pace and strength to his game .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Having watched Healey and Ward(albiet briefly ) I thought Ward displayed a better balance , pace and strength to his game .
    Agreed - but that was a least a year ago and I'd expect Rhys to be stronger now. I'm sure NW and the team know whether he has what we need.

Calm down. There are different levels. He’s scored a few in the dungeon abd that’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Calm down. There are different levels. He’s scored a few in the dungeon abd that’s about it.
    There is such a difference in quality between league it's not like he is setting it on fire. For me Reid looked lost up top v Spurs and would have been better having a battering ram like Madine playing.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    There is such a difference in quality between league it's not like he is setting it on fire. For me Reid looked lost up top v Spurs and would have been better having a battering ram like Madine playing.
    Madine would have had absolutely no change out of Spurs back 2.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Agreed. We're talking about a player who is now 24 and hasn't even looked remotely like setting the Championship on fire when he's had the rare opportunities presented to him.

If he can stay injury free he could be a good League 1 player, but I suspect that's his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. We're talking about a player who is now 24 and hasn't even looked remotely like setting the Championship on fire when he's had the rare opportunities presented to him.

If he can stay injury free he could be a good League 1 player, but I suspect that's his level.
    Aw come on lighten up Eric! It wouldnt be January without a thread saying rhys healey is going to be the answer to all our problems!

6 years running now i think?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Aw come on lighten up Eric! It wouldnt be January without a thread saying rhys healey is going to be the answer to all our problems!

6 years running now i think?
    Lol, yes, that's about it!!

I'd honestly rather us play with 10 men than have Rhys Healey on the pitch, as a Cardiff City player.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'd honestly rather us play with 10 men than have Rhys Healey on the pitch, as a Cardiff City player.
    Bit harsh that? He's not good enough for the premier League but I thought he was doing alright until that bad knock he had

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Bit harsh that? He's not good enough for the premier League but I thought he was doing alright until that bad knock he had
    Which knock, you'd have to specify, the bloke is always injured when with us. He's scored one league goal for us, against Burton if I remember rightly, and has shown absolutely no natural ability in front of goal in the games he's been given (to be fair not loads). Some times the eye test is all that is needed, and it clearly tells that he is in no way good enough to be in our 25, this season, or next should we go stay up or down. Oh, and he's 24.

That being said, and this is going slightly off topic, he isn't the only one... there's a few in the academy who next season either need to be in the squad and contributing, loaned out, or got rid of. You can't have players in their early twenties/late teens with no real competitive experience and be surprised when they're shite. Warnock got rid of a load but has seemingly done nothing with the new lads. This has gone very off topic, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Which knock, you'd have to specify, the bloke is always injured when with us. He's scored one league goal for us, against Burton if I remember rightly, and has shown absolutely no natural ability in front of goal in the games he's been given (to be fair not loads). Some times the eye test is all that is needed, and it clearly tells that he is in no way good enough to be in our 25, this season, or next should we go stay up or down. Oh, and he's 24.

That being said, and this is going slightly off topic, he isn't the only one... there's a few in the academy who next season either need to be in the squad and contributing, loaned out, or got rid of. You can't have players in their early twenties/late teens with no real competitive experience and be surprised when they're shite. Warnock got rid of a load but has seemingly done nothing with the new lads. This has gone very off topic, but oh well.
    He had a really bad knee injury, but up until that point he had been playing well

I'd stick Rhys Weston up top ahead of Madine