Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
I’m gutted Tomlin didn’t work out here but at the end of the day it didn’t really matter as we got promoted.

Each to their own but if I just want to watch players running about giving 100% I can go and watch my local welsh league club.

I like seeing footballers do things out of the ordinary, intelligent footballers, like Whitt’s, Mcphail, Bothroyd, players who were always the first to be pelted by our crowd when we were losing. Easy targets.

Check out that link I put up and the gasp from the crowd when Tomlin slides that ball through. That’s what I love about football, rather than someone slamming into a tackle.

Each to their own.
I wouldn't put the names you have listed in the same bracket as Tomlin. Whitts spent the bulk of his career here, McPhail spent the peak of his career here and neither stopped working. Bothroyd is most similar as away from Cardiff (and now in Japan) fans of his other clubs would have, justifiably so, a largely negative opinion of him. I would say he's still different to Tomlin because Tomlin has had the same criticism follow him around at every club and, depending on the level of the league, fans have either decided they could accept his lack of work rate for those genius spells for 5-20 minutes or that their club just couldn't carry him.

I think you have an unfairly negative opinion of our league. But if you do want a comparison then maybe you'd prefer to watch those soccer skills videos as they show creativity and genius but can't do enough of the basics to make it as footballers.