+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin to Peterborough - latest reports interesting

Re: Tomlin to Peterborough - latest reports interesting

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    At the same time the player cannot come out and say that he only wants to play for Peterborough and money doesnt come into it.

If money doesnt come into it the come to an agreement to end your contract, if it does and you want to earn the money on your contract, then he is within his right to do that. Its also within the clubs right to deny him a favorable move the the club of his wanting.
    Fry is saying it, not Tomlin. The club are probably trying to work something out between us, Peterborough and Tomlin before he goes on loan/a free. If Tomlin goes back to Peterborough, he's probably kissed his last big contract goodbye, so he's not going to want to walk away from the wages. Having said that he wants to play, so I think there will be some compromise.

Barry Fry is being Barry Fry and shouting his mouth off, as they've already announced it was a done deal, when it wasn't, so they don't want to look like the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    “Lee only wants to play for Posh. He wants to enjoy his football again. It’s not about money which is true as we won’t be paying anywhere near what he is getting at Cardiff."

Maybe we are suggesting that Peterborough contribute a bit more to his wages?

“He’s trained well for us. He is getting fitter and he wants to be loved again."

Maybe that news has irked our club. He didn't look after himself when he was getting highly paid by us.

"He’s having some personal issues and he wants to get away from Cardiff and start afresh."

When in his entire career has this self-pitying fool NEVER had personal issues,eh?
    It’s not about money?? Yeah rightio, then why doesn’t he just forego his huge wages and play football for a modest wage? He is akready a millionaire no doubt without even kicking a ball for years

I'd happily drive the overweight, car cleaning turd and his fridge full of pies to Peterborough. Get on with getting rid of him. Absolute joke he gets paid to be a 'footballer'.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s not about money?? Yeah rightio, then why doesn’t he just forego his huge wages and play football for a modest wage? He is akready a millionaire no doubt without even kicking a ball for years
    Tomlin was still at Peterborough in 2014, probably earning decent League One money. Every club who has signed him knew what they were getting, they all went into the deals with their eyes wide open. He's never changed, so why should he walk away from a contract? If he's on a reported £30k a week, he's probably going to have to take a 67% wage cut to join Peterborough. Why the hell would he do that, when he can use that money to set him up for life?

The move will go through, I have no doubt about that but Fry is trying to drive the price and wages down they'll have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Fry is saying it, not Tomlin. The club are probably trying to work something out between us, Peterborough and Tomlin before he goes on loan/a free. If Tomlin goes back to Peterborough, he's probably kissed his last big contract goodbye, so he's not going to want to walk away from the wages. Having said that he wants to play, so I think there will be some compromise.

Barry Fry is being Barry Fry and shouting his mouth off, as they've already announced it was a done deal, when it wasn't, so they don't want to look like the bad guys.
    Fry wouldn't/shouldn't say this without the players consent.

I agree the club are working on something with both sides trying to lose as little as possible.

With these comments i think it adds more strength to Cardiff's hand than Peterborough's.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Fry wouldn't/shouldn't say this without the players consent.

I agree the club are working on something with both sides trying to lose as little as possible.

With these comments i think it adds more strength to Cardiff's hand than Peterborough's.
    Have you listened to Barry Fry before? To say he's a loose cannon is the understatement of the century. He's trying to drive the price down, and it's making us look like the bad guys in Peterborough and by that, Tomlin looks like the bad guy here.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ward has actually shown commitment to regain his fitness following injury as well as scoring a few goals along the way. Tomlin has been lazy and unwilling to better himself. I'd rather Pilkington got in the 25 ahead of Tomlin
    Such a lazy opinion. How do you know he’s been unwilling?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Have you listened to Barry Fry before? To say he's a loose cannon is the understatement of the century. He's trying to drive the price down, and it's making us look like the bad guys in Peterborough and by that, Tomlin looks like the bad guy here.
    Barry Fry and Neil Warnock are cut from the same cloth. Old school and not shy of telling it like it is.

They both know how the media game works.

Don’t see a problem with what he’s said myself.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Without kicking a ball for years?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Barry Fry and Neil Warnock are cut from the same cloth. Old school and not shy of telling it like it is.

They both know how the media game works.

Don’t see a problem with what he’s said myself.
    Remember Barry Fry and Harry Flashman at Barnet.

Dodgy as ****.

I wouldn’t put Warnock in that bracket.
    Wouldn’t trust Fry as far as I could throw him

Nothing in itself wrong with what he’s said, but he’d be stupid to think that people couldn’t see through it

Such a lazy opinion. How do you know he’s been unwilling?
    So you think a fully fit Tomlin wouldn't have been played more often when we went up? Why do you think that Warnock over looked probably the most talented player at the club if he was fit and willing to play?

He still lives in Leicester, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Remember Barry Fry and Harry Flashman at Barnet.

Dodgy as ****.

I wouldn’t put Warnock in that bracket.
    Wouldn’t trust Fry as far as I could throw him

Nothing in itself wrong with what he’s said, but he’d be stupid to think that people couldn’t see through it
    Warnock has had dodgy allegations made against him. You just don’t want to acknowledge them because he’s our current manager.

They all come from a time where dodgy activity was common place and you’re either being incredibly naive (which I don’t think as you’re an intelligent man) or blindly loyal as per usual.

One thing I’ll say about Fry. He put his money where is mouth is and bought a football club.

So you think a fully fit Tomlin wouldn't have been played more often when we went up? Why do you think that Warnock over looked probably the most talented player at the club if he was fit and willing to play?

He still lives in Leicester, doesn't he?
    None of us have the answers to those questions i just think it’s too easy to call him fat and lazy. None of us know what has really gone on. He’s always struggled with his weight, some people do, hasn’t stopped him being a magician with the ball. Gazza was one of the best in the world but struggled with weight. Jon Parkin too. Just kidding.

There’s been some plausible theories already suggested in this thread as to why it hasn’t worked out.

I’ll also add that we found a system that worked for us that didn’t include Tomlin, found a club to take him on loan 2nd half of the season, a club where he’s closer to his family, everyone’s happy.

It’s become a bit more sour this season because the likes of Tomlin and Pilks were left out of the 25 and didn’t get moves, but why should they take pay cuts just because a manager decides you don’t fit in anymore? They then get treated poorly in my opinion by being made to train with the kids and Warnock having not so thinly veiled digs at them in the press for not moving on.

With regards the unwilling comment, if you’re not “willing” to do your job then there would be case for disciplinary, possible dismissal if the unwillingness continued. Unless they’ve kept it in in-house I haven’t heard of anything in Tomlins case? Warnock botvexactly the type to keep things like that quiet if he’s not happy with a player. He threw Omar Bogle under the mess about 5 times just for getting sent off once!

https://youtu.be/EgLHDaRu6Ns

38 secs and 1m 03 secs

That’s what you get from Tomlin.

At 28 you’re not going to turn him into anything else other than the number 10 that he is, so it was as much Warnocks fault for signing someone and trying to change them into something they’re not as we don’t play with a number 10.

This was last season at Forest. Doesn’t exactly look like jabba the hut as some people try to make out on here.

Not bad for a fat lad who hasn’t played for years.

Warnock has had dodgy allegations made against him. You just don’t want to acknowledge them because he’s our current manager.

They all come from a time where dodgy activity was common place and you’re either being incredibly naive (which I don’t think as you’re an intelligent man) or blindly loyal as per usual.

One thing I’ll say about Fry. He put his money where is mouth is and bought a football club.
    I have had a thought “is he having half bamba’s Appearance fee”

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I have had a thought “is he having half bamba’s Appearance fee”

https://youtu.be/EgLHDaRu6Ns

38 secs and 1m 03 secs

That’s what you get from Tomlin.

At 28 you’re not going to turn him into anything else other than the number 10 that he is, so it was as much Warnocks fault for signing someone and trying to change them into something they’re not as we don’t play with a number 10.

This was last season at Forest. Doesn’t exactly look like jabba the hut as some people try to make out on here.

Not bad for a fat lad who hasn’t played for years.
    What I find on here is there’s many who would rather see an headless chicken running his guts out for 90 mins, I know who I would rather watch, that boggle goal against ipshit was pure brilliance and one of the best goals there’s been CCS imo

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What I find on here is there’s many who would rather see an headless chicken running his guts out for 90 mins, I know who I would rather watch, that boggle goal against ipshit was pure brilliance and one of the best goals there’s been CCS imo
    I’m gutted Tomlin didn’t work out here but at the end of the day it didn’t really matter as we got promoted.

Each to their own but if I just want to watch players running about giving 100% I can go and watch my local welsh league club.

I like seeing footballers do things out of the ordinary, intelligent footballers, like Whitt’s, Mcphail, Bothroyd, players who were always the first to be pelted by our crowd when we were losing. Easy targets.

Check out that link I put up and the gasp from the crowd when Tomlin slides that ball through. That’s what I love about football, rather than someone slamming into a tackle.

Each to their own.

There was a game before Christmas last season where Tomlin was on the bench. He didn’t even warm up before or during the game. I liked him as a player but Warnock often referred to him as an attacker not a midfielder. He was never going to fit into a midfield 3.

What has Tomlin done to deserve to be ahead of Ward?
    What has Tomlin done to deserve his pay? If he's not fit he's letting the club down.

I’m gutted Tomlin didn’t work out here but at the end of the day it didn’t really matter as we got promoted.

Each to their own but if I just want to watch players running about giving 100% I can go and watch my local welsh league club.

I like seeing footballers do things out of the ordinary, intelligent footballers, like Whitt’s, Mcphail, Bothroyd, players who were always the first to be pelted by our crowd when we were losing. Easy targets.

Check out that link I put up and the gasp from the crowd when Tomlin slides that ball through. That’s what I love about football, rather than someone slamming into a tackle.

Each to their own.
    I wouldn't put the names you have listed in the same bracket as Tomlin. Whitts spent the bulk of his career here, McPhail spent the peak of his career here and neither stopped working. Bothroyd is most similar as away from Cardiff (and now in Japan) fans of his other clubs would have, justifiably so, a largely negative opinion of him. I would say he's still different to Tomlin because Tomlin has had the same criticism follow him around at every club and, depending on the level of the league, fans have either decided they could accept his lack of work rate for those genius spells for 5-20 minutes or that their club just couldn't carry him.

I think you have an unfairly negative opinion of our league. But if you do want a comparison then maybe you'd prefer to watch those soccer skills videos as they show creativity and genius but can't do enough of the basics to make it as footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I wouldn't put the names you have listed in the same bracket as Tomlin. Whitts spent the bulk of his career here, McPhail spent the peak of his career here and neither stopped working. Bothroyd is most similar as away from Cardiff (and now in Japan) fans of his other clubs would have, justifiably so, a largely negative opinion of him. I would say he's still different to Tomlin because Tomlin has had the same criticism follow him around at every club and, depending on the level of the league, fans have either decided they could accept his lack of work rate for those genius spells for 5-20 minutes or that their club just couldn't carry him.

I think you have an unfairly negative opinion of our league. But if you do want a comparison then maybe you'd prefer to watch those soccer skills videos as they show creativity and genius but can't do enough of the basics to make it as footballers.
    Nah, I’ll continue to watch real football and I’ll be the judge of what I enjoy, and don’t enjoy if that’s ok with you.

You aren’t seriously comparing a few wild and unproven allegations against Warnock to what Flashman did ?

Seems Fry picked up a few tips

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/nat...ting-offences/

Although I actually used to think years ago he was a good lower league manager.

By the way, not really much point in you answering my posts if you are just going to label each one as bias.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

And the comparison with those players was not a like for like with Tomlin, they are all different types of players who did things that I enjoy about football wether that be a piece of skill, defence splitting pass, scoring a worldy.

It was in response to Jamie stating he thinks majority of Cardiff fans prefer headless chickens who give 100%.

I agree with him and used Whitt’s, Mcphail and Botnroyd as examples of the kind of skillfull / technical players who were often targeted by the fans when things weren’t going well.

Whitt’s got booed off the last time we were in the Premier League which is the point Jamie was making, the skillfull technical players are not as appreciated as the headless chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    You aren’t seriously comparing a few wild and unproven allegations against Warnock to what Flashman did ?

Seems Fry picked up a few tips

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/nat...ting-offences/

Although I actually used to think years ago he was a good lower league manager.

By the way, not really much point in you answering my posts if you are just going to label each one as bias.
    Ok. I won’t.