+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin to Peterborough - latest reports interesting

Tomlin to Peterborough - latest reports interesting

The implication of the reports below (if true) are that the club are playing hardball with Tomlin - trying to get a change to his contract and seemingly not topping up his wages if he is loaned to Posh.

https://the72.co.uk/122151/three-sat...sfer-activity/

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...eart-1-8756220

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry claims Lee Tomlin will be ‘broken-hearted’ if Cardiff City block his return to London Road.

Tomlin has been training with Posh for close to a month with a view to joining on loan until the end of the season. But, according to Fry, the situation has become ‘political’ on Cardiff’s part.

The Premier League club are involved in a contractual wrangle with the 29 year-old playmaker. Fry, who believes three new players could arrive at Posh before Saturday’s FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough, said: “Lee only wants to play for Posh. He wants to enjoy his football again. It’s not about money which is true as we won’t be paying anywhere near what he is getting at Cardiff.

“He’s trained well for us. He is getting fitter and he wants to be loved again. He’s having some personal issues and he wants to get away from Cardiff and start afresh.

“I am waiting for a call from Cardiff to get this deal done and I hope it happens for our sake and for Lee’s sake. He would be broken-hearted if it didn’t happen.

“What a player he would be for us if he’s anywhere near his best....

Re: Tomlin to Peterborough - latest reports interesting

Maybe Warnock is weighing up his options. In terms of what Tomlin could provide, he's surely got to be ahead of Ward, Madine and Damour in getting a place in the squad 25, even if sporadically from the bench. If he's also getting fitter and wants to be loved, Warnock will surely be aware of this. With due respect to the other 3 players mentioned, Tomlin is much more likely to provide a moment that might be the difference between survival and relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Maybe Warnock is weighing up his options. In terms of what Tomlin could provide, he's surely got to be ahead of Ward, Madine and Damour in getting a place in the squad 25, even if sporadically from the bench. If he's also getting fitter and wants to be loved, Warnock will surely be aware of this. With due respect to the other 3 players mentioned, Tomlin is much more likely to provide a moment that might be the difference between survival and relegation.
    If he's weighing Tomlin up no wonder he's not being picked - he'll put Neil's back out.....

Ward will stay here - Madine and Damour if we get offers will be off

I'm surprised Warnock hasn't driven Tomlin to Peterborough himself to get rid

“Lee only wants to play for Posh. He wants to enjoy his football again. It’s not about money which is true as we won’t be paying anywhere near what he is getting at Cardiff."

Maybe we are suggesting that Peterborough contribute a bit more to his wages?

“He’s trained well for us. He is getting fitter and he wants to be loved again."

Maybe that news has irked our club. He didn't look after himself when he was getting highly paid by us.

"He’s having some personal issues and he wants to get away from Cardiff and start afresh."

When in his entire career has this self-pitying fool NEVER had personal issues,eh?

He's a goner, will never play for Cardiff ever again. Simply doesn't fit the ethos of the club.

Barry Fry says that it's not about money and then we read about a "contractual wrangle" with us. Surely, that means it is about money?

He's not training with us, so I don't see how Warnock could bring him back. He'll never play for us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    “Lee only wants to play for Posh. He wants to enjoy his football again. It’s not about money which is true as we won’t be paying anywhere near what he is getting at Cardiff."

Maybe we are suggesting that Peterborough contribute a bit more to his wages?

“He’s trained well for us. He is getting fitter and he wants to be loved again."

Maybe that news has irked our club. He didn't look after himself when he was getting highly paid by us.

"He’s having some personal issues and he wants to get away from Cardiff and start afresh."

When in his entire career has this self-pitying fool NEVER had personal issues,eh?
    Also, if he's having personal issues, what has that got to do with Cardiff? He doesn't live in Cardiff, he doesn't train in Cardiff.

What has Tomlin done to deserve to be ahead of Ward?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What has Tomlin done to deserve to be ahead of Ward?
    Shown much more in the minutes he’s had on the pitch for Cardiff City than Ward has.

Tomlin has been treated poorly by Warnock imo. He was the one who signed him in the first place yet is treating him like a signing not wanted from a previous regime.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tomlin has been treated poorly by Warnock imo. He was the one who signed him in the first place yet is treating him like a signing not wanted from a previous regime.
    I don't think you can blame Warnock. He signed him, he played him but Tomlin didn't seem to want to make the effort to get fit. And NW gave up. It's not like Tomlin has been a model professional or consistent anywhere else. Even Bristol City fans were frustrated with him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think you can blame Warnock. He signed him, he played him but Tomlin didn't seem to want to make the effort to get fit. And NW gave up. It's not like Tomlin has been a model professional or consistent anywhere else. Even Bristol City fans were frustrated with him.
    And Warnocks been around the block long enough to know what he was getting. Tomlin does his best work with the ball, not without it.

If he was a model professional we wouldn’t have been able to afford to sign him in the first place.

From outside it does look like he’s been treated unfairly and in the limited time he played for us, he did make an impact and showed he offer something a little bit different i.e. Norwich and Reading games. However he did look overweight and who knows what goes day to day in training, and why Warnock really does want to get rid of him? My assumption is that Warnock thought he could manage and change his mindset to go with his undoubted talent but thought after a while he was a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Tomlin was 28 when we signed him, it's clear what sort of player he was going to be. I think Warnock intended to play him and then decided that he'd go with three in the middle and two out and out wingers, as Warnock loves wide players more than life itself. Warnock's free transfers have been exceptional, when he's had money to spend he's been extremely wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    From outside it does look like he’s been treated unfairly and in the limited time he played for us, he did make an impact and showed he offer something a little bit different i.e. Norwich and Reading games. However he did look overweight and who knows what goes day to day in training, and why Warnock really does want to get rid of him? My assumption is that Warnock thought he could manage and change his mindset to go with his undoubted talent but thought after a while he was a lost cause.
    Yeah, that’s probably the most logical answer.

Just pisses me off the people think he should rip his contract up just to suit the club. They gave him the contract in the first place.

I’d like to see them take a 50/60/70% pay cut just because their boss, who they don’t get on with, wanted them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    That's pretty much what I think too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Tomlin was 28 when we signed him, it's clear what sort of player he was going to be. I think Warnock intended to play him and then decided that he'd go with three in the middle and two out and out wingers, as Warnock loves wide players more than life itself. Warnock's free transfers have been exceptional, when he's had money to spend he's been extremely wasteful.
    This ^^^^

I thought he would have been our Taraabt. With a player like Tomlin you got to get others to do the leg work. Water carriers as Cantona once called them.

I was hoping the same. On his game, he would offer something different to our current crop of midfielders and attacking players. Obviously not meant to be. Warnock took a punt and it's not paid off.

Just pisses me off the people think he should rip his contract up just to suit the club. They gave him the contract in the first place.

I’d like to see them take a 50/60/70% pay cut just because their boss, who they don’t get on with, wanted them to.
    I agree about the contracts. Weve given them and should honour them unless the player and club agree to terminate.

If Tomlin wants to see his contact out its fine by me.

Its the broken hearted bollox that gets me. If the issue is him not prepared to tear the contract up or Peterborough not taking it on then they can both do one. The club as every right to tell them both to f off and let him play for the under 23s until we get a deal that suits us.

Tomlin and Pilkington should have both been in the 25 in my opinion. But Warnock thinks differently.

At the same time the player cannot come out and say that he only wants to play for Peterborough and money doesnt come into it.

If money doesnt come into it the come to an agreement to end your contract, if it does and you want to earn the money on your contract, then he is within his right to do that. Its also within the clubs right to deny him a favorable move the the club of his wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Barry Fry says that it's not about money and then we read about a "contractual wrangle" with us. Surely, that means it is about money?
    Its ALWAYS about money with Barry Fry.

This is typical of him.

Wants Tomlin on the cheap, so goes to the press

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I agree about the contracts. Weve given them and should honour them unless the player and club agree to terminate.

If Tomlin wants to see his contact out its fine by me.

Its the broken hearted bollox that gets me. If the issue is him not prepared to tear the contract up or Peterborough not taking it on then they can both do one. The club as every right to tell them both to f off and let him play for the under 23s until we get a deal that suits us.

Tomlin and Pilkington should have both been in the 25 in my opinion. But Warnock thinks differently.
    All depends doesn’t it ?

We don’t know what has been said or done.

If Tomlin hasn’t been making the effort to get fit then he doesn’t deserve his contract.

Even the most talented players in the Prem are athletes. No real excuse.

Impossible to judge without knowing the facts, but if Barry Fry is involved then money will be at the root of any dispute

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    At the same time the player cannot come out and say that he only wants to play for Peterborough and money doesnt come into it.

If money doesnt come into it the come to an agreement to end your contract, if it does and you want to earn the money on your contract, then he is within his right to do that. Its also within the clubs right to deny him a favorable move the the club of his wanting.
    Barry Fry made those comments not Lee Tomlin, unless I’ve missed something?

Shown much more in the minutes he’s had on the pitch for Cardiff City than Ward has.
    Ward has actually shown commitment to regain his fitness following injury as well as scoring a few goals along the way. Tomlin has been lazy and unwilling to better himself. I'd rather Pilkington got in the 25 ahead of Tomlin