+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Craig Bellamy Statement

Craig Bellamy Statement

Quote from Craig Bellamy

"I am aware of allegations that have been made against me via the media.

I understand the need for Cardiff City to undertake a full investigation, in response to these allegations and at my own suggestion, I have temporary removed myself from my coaching position in order to co-operative fully with the clubs inquiry.

Obviously I am saddened both by the allegations and the manner in which they were made, and I categorically refute them.

I fully expect to return to my coaching role and have sought legal advice as to my position. I will be making no further comment until the full investigation by the club has concluded" UN-quote.

Re: Craig Bellamy Statement

His PR people are in full flow. No mention of his money spinning role at Sky. I thought the club had already investigated, although could be wrong, and Bellamy was cleared. Seemingly the media attention has forced the club to look at the matter again.

Should be quite easy for the club to get an idea of the situation, speak to the other players who were there at the time and those still in the academy. Highly doubtful he has gone out of his way to single out just the one kid.

Hard to prove or disprove anything, as it is always hard to also understand how different individuals experience the same situation very differently.

This can't be Bellers statement.
    It didn't start with 'Look'.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    This can't be Bellers statement.
    It didn't start with 'Look'.

I read somewhere that one of the allegations was he turned the sound off for the national anthem during the World Cup. But the player in question was ‘taken out of the club’ at the end of 2017.

I think it’s the papers not happy with his comments on them after the Sterling incident. They brought up the Riise story, although the book came out over three months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

I read somewhere that one of the allegations was he turned the sound off for the national anthem during the World Cup. But the player in question was ‘taken out of the club’ at the end of 2017.

I think it’s the papers not happy with his comments on them after the Sterling incident. They brought up the Riise story, although the book came out over three months ago.
    Its not like the Mail to publish stories full of inconsistencies

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its not like the Mail to publish stories full of inconsistencies
    The least Xenophobic newspaper out there as well. No hypocrisy here, nothing to see, move on.

Strange one , as he is not a volatile type of character.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Strange one , as he is not a volatile type of character.
    In the most recent 5 years or the first 5-10 years of his career?

Surely the club investigated this when it first reared its ugly head ? ? ?

I guess the parents were not happy with the outcome, thus they went to the press, but why the huge gap in time ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Surely the club investigated this when it first reared its ugly head ? ? ?

I guess the parents were not happy with the outcome, thus they went to the press, but why the huge gap in time ? ? ?
    Perhaps because Bellamy has been giving a lot of forthright views, not just about football, in his many media appearances lately and rubbed a few people up the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps because Bellamy has been giving a lot of forthright views, not just about football, in his many media appearances lately and rubbed a few people up the wrong way.
    The likes of the Mail have dirt on almost everyone that they'll sit on until the timing's right/they've pi$$ed them off

Absolutely pathetic that it's got to this stage, really.

Game is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The likes of the Mail have dirt on almost everyone that they'll sit on until the timing's right/they've pi$$ed them off
    Correct.

Ex footballer Craig Bellamy who’s under 18s coach at Cardiff isn’t such a big story.

Craig Bellamy, Sky Sports best new pundit on our TV screens 3 or 4 times a week. Much bigger story.

Looks like Sky may have dispensed with his services possibly temporarily as he would have been punditing on last night's Liverpool /Man City match as he played for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Looks like Sky may have dispensed with his services possibly temporarily as he would have been punditing on last night's Liverpool /Man City match as he played for both teams.
    100%. They had Lescott on.

I’m glad they dispensed of the token female last night. Next step dispense of Souness.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    100%. They had Lescott on.

I’m glad they dispensed of the token female last night. Next step dispense of Souness.
    It's like an ethnic cleansing post

noticed on the ic wales web site his restaurant in penarth is going into liquidation . not a good week for the trowbridge lad

As a nation, they have undeniably abused Wales. Ill-feeling is normal. Some people are not diplomatic/polite/clever enough to avoid offending your everyday down-to-earth nice english person. Doesn’t mean I don’t feel distain at the some of the institutions they hold dear as a part of their national identity.

I would turn off their anthem.....weirdly though, that’s the anthem that CB would have received a gold in the football for team gb.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    As a nation, they have undeniably abused Wales. Ill-feeling is normal. Some people are not diplomatic/polite/clever enough to avoid offending your everyday down-to-earth nice english person. Doesn’t mean I don’t feel distain at the some of the institutions they hold dear as a part of their national identity.

I would turn off their anthem.....weirdly though, that’s the anthem that CB would have received a gold in the football for team gb.
    I think the point about the Anthem was that it is the British National Anthem.

It is NOT the English National Anthem!!!!!

It shouldn't Be used before English International matches for any sport. However in the case of the Olympics it would have been entirely appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

It shouldn't Be used before English International matches for any sport. However in the case of the Olympics it would have been entirely appropriate.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

Britain = England. The anthem is just evidence of a union centralised in England.

You can quibble over semantics or technicalties but England rule and so does their queen....the one you sing aboit in your British anthem.

You’ll be complaining next that there is no Nod to wales on the butchers apron....further evidence of how much they care about Welsh unionists.

It’s crawling and pathetic.