+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Efe Ambrose (who?)

Efe Ambrose (who?)

I see that various Scottish & overseas press are linking Ambrose with a move to City. Free or £750k depending on what you read and where he is in his contract.

A centre half / right back for Hibs, previously 168 games for Celtic. At 30, a year younger than Matt Connolly & with a similar positional capability. Personally he's not a player I'm familiar with and doesn't strike me as the type of improvement that we need. But .....

Verdict - Agent talk.

Re: Efe Ambrose (who?)

Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I see that various Scottish & overseas press are linking Ambrose with a move to City. Free or £750k depending on what you read and where he is in his contract.

A centre half / right back for Hibs, previously 168 games for Celtic. At 30, a year younger than Matt Connolly & with a similar positional capability. Personally he's not a player I'm familiar with and doesn't strike me as the type of improvement that we need. But .....

Verdict - Agent talk.
    Whilst I know where you're coming from you could say that Neymar has a similar positional capability as Kadeem Harris.

Verdict - Agent talk.
    Ambrose constantly switched off for Celtic, we could do a hell of a lot better. I'd rather we signed someone like Ozan Kabak for money and hope we could improve him than sign someone who is almost certainly not good enough. I really don't see the point of this signing.

Verdict - Agent talk.
    Not good enough for Celtic, yet good enough for the Premier League? Can't see it myself.

Taken from Ambrose's Wikipedia page;-

"Since 2013, Ambrose has come under strong criticism from fans and pundits alike for frequent poor performances and errors which have led to opposition goal"

A story from earlier in the season;-

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/hibe...510b41mlaaz88g