+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: German match tickets that include free rail fare

German match tickets that include free rail fare

I am off to Germany at the end of the month and seeing Gladbach on Saturday afternoon, Venlo in the Dutch league on Saturday evening, Uerdingen in the 3rd division of the German league on Sunday afternoon and followed by the Düsseldorf v Augsburg ice hockey game in the evening.

How much is that going to cost regarding travel considering that I will start off from somewhere 90 minutes by train north of Gladbach on Saturday morning and that all the journeys will be by train?

Nothing! Both the Gladbach* and Uerdingen tickets give the ticket holders free travel (rail, tram, bus etc) in the local area, which is approx 100 km wide and 120 km north to south.

Last time I went over I purchased rail tickets without realising so I thought it best to tip anyone else the nod lest they don't realise - and presumably other clubs have similar arrangements in their respective areas.

*Gladbach tickets are available from just under 15 Euros.

Re: German match tickets that include free rail fare

I know you can sneak on the train at Llandaf and get off at Grangetown to watch the City if your prepared to stay in the toliet for 20 minutes.

brilliant fair play to them they got it sorted when it comes to football fans

When I lived in Australia any event be it sporting or concerts the tickets came with free local
    travel and I lived 35 mins from the centre of Perth
    I always thought it was a great idea

Don't Brighton do a similar thing (but probably not for 100 km)? Only one I know of over here. Good scheme though, fair play. We'd just look at it as a money making opportunity. Have a good trip!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I know you can sneak on the train at Llandaf and get off at Grangetown to watch the City if your prepared to stay in the toliet for 20 minutes.
    Surely no-one is that brave.