+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not drinking alcohol

Re: not drinking alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I don't think that's particularly a lot.

I'm 43 and most of my peers are doing similar levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

Everyone's different I guess but I'm on the "It's quite a lot" side.

Most of your peers in AA?

I’m a year younger and have been a big drinker for years but finding the hangover worse as the years get on so can’t do it on a school night anymore as can’t function in work.

Instead I binge massively Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday afternoon. Probably do as many if not more units per week than someone who drinks a bottle of wine every day but I cram it into 3 days.

If ive had a really stressful day and worked late I’ll maybe stop for 4 pint cans on way home to unwind on a school night, but I’ve found that to be counter productive as ive worked on to clear a large workload, but then fall behind next day because I’m not firing on all cylinders due to feeling lousy from the previous nights cans.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Most of your peers in AA?

I’m a year younger and have been a big drinker for years but finding the hangover worse as the years get on so can’t do it on a school night anymore as can’t function in work.

Instead I binge massively Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday afternoon. Probably do as many if not more units per week than someone who drinks a bottle of wine every day but I cram it into 3 days.

If ive had a really stressful day and worked late I’ll maybe stop for 4 pint cans on way home to unwind on a school night, but I’ve found that to be counter productive as ive worked on to clear a large workload, but then fall behind next day because I’m not firing on all cylinders due to feeling lousy from the previous nights cans.
    I don't drink to relieve stress or to get drunk I just enjoy the taste.

Never have the issue of hang overs - didn't get them when I drank in a similar pattern to you either.

I'm quite fortunate with booze - it's not an issue to stop at any point for as long as I want (previously stopped for over a year) and if I fancy getting wrecked I feel fine the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    into day 4, diet lemonade last night. had planned the brewery quarter, old arcade, elevens...……… before the game and then similar after before the game home via chippy alley. seriously need to shed some weight for health reasons but it's not easy especially as I'm coming down with my Friday night drinking buddies. too many good beers down there. Am I allowed a respite day?
    ‘Chippy Alley??????!!!!!!!’ You seriously need to get back on the piss!!

I don't drink to relieve stress or to get drunk I just enjoy the taste.

Never have the issue of hang overs - didn't get them when I drank in a similar pattern to you either.

I'm quite fortunate with booze - it's not an issue to stop at any point for as long as I want (previously stopped for over a year) and if I fancy getting wrecked I feel fine the next day.

I think we must have different understandings of what getting wrecked really is. If you are truly "wrecked" you won't feel "fine" the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think we must have different understandings of what getting wrecked really is. If you are truly "wrecked" you won't feel "fine" the next day.
    Suppose but last time I was completely blotto I dont remember getting in, had fallen over in the rugby club and cut my eye and was up spewing at 05:00. San Miguel 1 - Flashman 0. Not my proudest moment.

Was fine all day, in football for 10:00 ko.

My wife can't get out of bed but I just get up and get on with it.

Suppose but last time I was completely blotto I dont remember getting in, had fallen over in the rugby club and cut my eye and was up spewing at 05:00. San Miguel 1 - Flashman 0. Not my proudest moment.

Was fine all day, in football for 10:00 ko.

My wife can't get out of bed but I just get up and get on with it.
    Ooh, er, missus...

Some do, lots don't.

I have a bottle of red every day and a bit more on the weekend.

I'm stopping for Jan and hopefully longer.

Mates 40th birthday party on Saturday and I can't see it being an issue.

I don’t drink much but every jan do a few weeks without booze. After about 2 weeks I dont even think about it, the idea of a beer even after a long day doesn’t come in to the equation. Did about 6 or 7 weeks last year, never seem to lose much weight but guess I don’t have much to lose. Everything in moderation as they say, changing your lifestyle in general is the way to go rather than a crash course.

Some do, lots don't.

I have a bottle of red every day and a bit more on the weekend.

I'm stopping for Jan and hopefully longer.

Mates 40th birthday party on Saturday and I can't see it being an issue.
    That's a bit extreme isn't it? I don't understand how anyine drinks at home unless they're entertaining guests

My outlook to health and healthy eating changed almost three years ago to the day. I was in a Wetherspoon staring gloomily at what remained of the usual mixed grill I'd purchased, which was most of it that comprised of a heap of pig and cow meat. "Oh, feck this," I thought to myself before pushing the plate away. The next day, as if by fate, I came across a youtube video (attached below) which I'd viewed previously but not carefully enough. It's 55 minutes long but took me several hours to watch because I paused it to research every claim the narrator made. Several were stated in the first five minutes and all were easily verifiable as true. For example, centuries ago millions of people did indeed die prematurely of scurvy when all who contracted it wouldn't have and all those who did could easily be cured.

The main assertion of the narrator, who's also the author, is that cancer is also caused and can be eradicated simply by the necessary intake of a vitamin... not vitamin C as with scurvy, but Vitamin B17 (that's also known as Laetrile or Amygdalin). He contends, and provides plenty of supporting evidence, that cancer is a vitamin deficiency.

Since then I've spent around 70 quid per year buying apricot kernels off of eBay. For that I get to consume 15 of them each day. I've made other changes to my diet by eating much more fruit and vegetables while elbowing practically all the junk. Today I feel much better than three years prior. We are what we eat is a popular saying that has much merit.

I'm 22 and I genuinely do not know anyone within my age group who drinks that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I'm 22 and I genuinely do not know anyone within my age group who drinks that much.
    Wait till you've followed City for another 20 years.

ps. I might have a few pints tonight now. You ****ers are making me feel miserable.

Wait till you've followed City for another 20 years.

ps. I might have a few pints tonight now. You ****ers are making me feel miserable.

sod alcohol, i need a spliff after watching that sh1te!

sod alcohol, i need a spliff after watching that sh1te!
    Heroin would be more apt

3rd day.

coming down for huddersfield on the train to show mates round the city centre pubs.

not such a good idea.

need to shed some kg but no booze?

🤔
    Yes water can be purchased .

I'd recommend drink though , it's the only way to get through the 90 minutes, and put up with the utter bollocks folk say and shout at games .