+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fee agreed for Ozan Kabak.

Re: Fee agreed for Ozan Kabak.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Exactly. The lowest budget and more or less wasted all of it. The 2 best players signed are only loans.
    It does concern me that our best signings over the last few years have been free transfers or loans and it's not as if we haven't spent any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    In fairness - we’d be lucky to get either of those for less than what we paid for our permanent signings.
    Arter we could have got for what we paid for Murphy or Reid IMO. Wether Arter would have come here on a permanent last summer is another matter. I think maybe he wanted to get away on loan and play himself back into Howes thoughts. Can’t see it now though and I think he’d jump at the chance to sign permanently. That Lamar who Bournemouth signed to replace him has been excellent and so I think he knows his time there is up.

Camarasa too when he was an unknown quantity. I think we could have got him for 10m or so as unknown foreign signings are cheaper. Especially off European clubs who are not that well off and welcome a slice of the Premier League money.

The risk with loaning foreigners instead of permanent is if they do the business and prove themselves in this country then they put themselves in the shop window, and / or their price goes up. If we don’t make him permanent in January and we manage to stav up I don’t think we could afford him in the summer. I think we’d be talking 20m then.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It does concern me that our best signings over the last few years have been free transfers or loans and it's not as if we haven't spent any money.
    Goes all the way back to Hannam.

We’ve done really well on the cheaper end, but most over £1m have been flops.

Best I can think of is we more or less got our money back in Medel and Caulker, although the latter was pretty poor for us and I think we made about £2m on Mutch.

Arter we could have got for what we paid for Murphy or Reid IMO. Wether Arter would have come here on a permanent last summer is another matter. I think maybe he wanted to get away on loan and play himself back into Howes thoughts. Can’t see it now though and I think he’d jump at the chance to sign permanently. That Lamar who Bournemouth signed to replace him has been excellent and so I think he knows his time there is up.

Camarasa too when he was an unknown quantity. I think we could have got him for 10m or so as unknown foreign signings are cheaper. Especially off European clubs who are not that well off and welcome a slice of the Premier League money.

The risk with loaning foreigners instead of permanent is if they do the business and prove themselves in this country then they put themselves in the shop window, and / or their price goes up. If we don’t make him permanent in January and we manage to stav up I don’t think we could afford him in the summer. I think we’d be talking 20m then.
    Neither will commit to us until they are sure we will stay up.

Artur has pretty much said this himself.

Camerasa will have better clubs than us after him and Betis didn’t want to sell. He’s already been rated at E15m which some are saying is his release clause. If it goes to £20m then there will still be clubs willing to pay it if he keeps his form up

It would be some magic to get him to sign for us at this point with probably a less than 50% chance of staying up.

TheSpanish clubs have wised up to Prem teams getting their players on the cheap.

If Connolly had been included in the 25 then he could have provided cover across the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    If Connolly had been included in the 25 then he could have provided cover across the defence.
    Connolly is in the 25

It shouldn’t have come to having to play Manga, Morrison or Bamba at right back.

Why sign another left back that was no better than the one we had when we clearly needed a right back?
    That’s not Manga’s fault though is it, it was stated that the poster would be bricking it if Manga was moved into the middle. We were short there so it did come to a decision to play a makeshift there & Manga was landed with the thankless task. Fair play to him I say, he’d be no worse, in fact most probably a lot better than both Bamba & Morrison should he be moved inside.

as JRH said

Anyway. Connolly has been awful every time I've seen him play left back

as JRH said

Anyway. Connolly has been awful every time I've seen him play left back
    Absolutely, worse full back than Manga . He's a decent central defender .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's disappointing. He was the one player out of all the players we've been linked with that I thought may be worth a punt

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's disappointing. He was the one player out of all the players we've been linked with that I thought may be worth a punt
    And if Stuttgart's record in the transfer market is anything to go by, he'll come good.

And if Stuttgart's record in the transfer market is anything to go by, he'll come good.
    Nantes? Stuttgart? What next, Xiamen and Lugansk?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Should have the brothers off Twin Towns doing our transfer negotiations.......erm, cancel that, they’re JBs!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Should have the brothers off Twin Towns doing our transfer negotiations.......erm, cancel that, they’re JBs!!
    Bring back Iain Moody

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

I can see now why Cardiff were being linked.

Stuttgart being Cardiff's twin city.

And Nantes.

Nice pre-season tournament possible with Cardiff, Stuttgart & Nantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

And Nantes.

Would be nice if it was away, but NW would probably insist it was played in Cornwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

And Nantes.

Lugansk had a decent team in Ukraine but that part is a warzone at the moment.
    Don't think there is a superleague club anywhere near Xiamen which is a bit odd as it's a very populated area

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Drugged up joyriders who piss in nightclubs

Perfect representations of Swansea City's support

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Agreed.

Looks like he's going to sign for Liverpool.