+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fee agreed for Ozan Kabak.

Fee agreed for Ozan Kabak.

According to this story anyway.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-ci...er-fee-agreed/

Strange one this, but it's not going away.

Still not convinced there's anything to it mind.

Re: Fee agreed for Ozan Kabak.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Fee agreed? Little bit naughty that- as it then says the fee agreed is actually just his release clause! So cardiff wouldnt have hadto speak to anyone to agree it.

Maybe im setting myself up for a 'mare- but this doesn't feel like this will go anywhere.

Don’t believe it until Howells School has been alerted😂😂

Maybe Agent trying to get an improved offer for his player or using us to get better deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Maybe Agent trying to get an improved offer for his player or using us to get better deal ?
    He's got a release clause and some bigger clubs apparently circling so I'd imagine Galatasaray would offer him a decent wedge to stay, I bet the agent is using us to try and drum up other offers.

This is one I'd like to see us make though, get players that have real potential and can grow, as opposed to players we know aren't good enough like Efe Ambrose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Think signing a young CB is a good idea what with the age of ours and the fact they’ve been a bit shakey.

Personally I’ll be bricking it if either Bamba or Morrison get injured and we’ve got to stick Manga in there.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Think signing a young CB is a good idea what with the age of ours and the fact they’ve been a bit shakey.

Personally I’ll be bricking it if either Bamba or Morrison get injured and we’ve got to stick Manga in there.
    Have you been watching Bamba and Morrison this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's got a release clause and some bigger clubs apparently circling so I'd imagine Galatasaray would offer him a decent wedge to stay, I bet the agent is using us to try and drum up other offers.

This is one I'd like to see us make though, get players that have real potential and can grow, as opposed to players we know aren't good enough like Efe Ambrose.
    It would be brilliant signing imo but just can't see it, I'd be very surprised if Warnock signs any foreign players tbh he likes British grafters

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Have you been watching Bamba and Morrison this season?
    Yeah, shakey. And still our Neil doesn’t put Manga in the middle. Tells you something

Yeah, shakey. And still our Neil doesn’t put Manga in the middle. Tells you something
    We haven’t got a right back?

The alternative would be Bamba or Morrison at right back, perish the thought, he trusts Manga to do a job under extreme circumstances. For players playing out of position Manga & Paterson are acquitting themselves well against the best players in the world. If we eventually get a right back, Manga would slot into the middle with no less success than the two who are there.

I think Manga has been our best defender this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Agreed. I think RB closely followed by LB are our weakest defensive positions if we can include Manga as a CB.

I disagree, he's all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The alternative would be Bamba or Morrison at right back, perish the thought, he trusts Manga to do a job under extreme circumstances. For players playing out of position Manga & Paterson are acquitting themselves well against the best players in the world. If we eventually get a right back, Manga would slot into the middle with no less success than the two who are there.
    That’s spot on.

Manga’s struggled at times, but he’s out of position against some of the best wingers in the world.

However, he has shown decent pace, an ability to turn quickly and is a lot more composed on the ball than the other 2 centre backs and in many ways has a shout for being a starting centre back in front of one of them.

I’d certainly be looking to get his contract extended- even if it’s just a clause to keep him if we stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It shouldn’t have come to having to play Manga, Morrison or Bamba at right back.

Why sign another left back that was no better than the one we had when we clearly needed a right back?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It shouldn’t have come to having to play Manga, Morrison or Bamba at right back.

Why sign another left back that was no better than the one we had when we clearly needed a right back?
    Totally agree with this. Warnock must have known it was an issue last year, as Manga player there for the majority of the season and didn’t always look comfortable in the championship.

Why he didn’t sign a right back in the summer is bewildering, as Manga has clear limitations there, Peltier is solid defensively but is limited on the ball and Jazz is just always injured.

We did need cover for Bennett as well.

We did need cover for Bennett as well.
    Not at the expense of a right back we didn’t. Priorities were all wrong.

Signed a left back for cover, and a number 10 (Reid) when we don’t even play with a number 10. You think we’d have learned our lesson from Tomlin last season.

Signed a left back for cover, and a number 10 (Reid) when we don’t even play with a number 10. You think we’d have learned our lesson from Tomlin last season.
    Agree. We keep getting told we had the lowest budget by a mile. Weve got Smithies not playing at all as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree. We keep getting told we had the lowest budget by a mile. Weve got Smithies not playing at all as well.
    Exactly. The lowest budget and more or less wasted all of it. The 2 best players signed are only loans.

Bennett was the only left back in the squad, so we did need the cover. I think that Reid was a far more unnecessary signing.

We needed another left back. Bennett is decent, but if he’s injured we would be buggered. Last season we ended up with Connolly and Peltier playing there, both of whom looked more out of place than Manga has against far weaker opponents.

However..
    It shouldn’t have been one or the other.

Easy to say with hindsight but
    I would have saved some of the Reid money if Tan wasn’t up to shelling another £4-£5m on a half decent right back . Pilkington could have had as much impact as Reid has had so far ( not that I’m blaming Reid)

Hasn’t helped that Richards is never fit, but he’s limited too. Reminds me of Taylor, doesn’t stop the cross and has to pass backwards when he crosses half way.

It would be so nice to have some real quality in there... and pace, please, some pace.

Personally I liked Fabio, quick, skilful and brave. Just a bit mad and positionally naive .
    Would have been interesting if he was still here,

Or McNaughton, great tackler, solid and quick. Not so good going forward.

We’ve not really been blessed in the fullback spots in the last 20 years or so.

Bennett was the only left back in the squad, so we did need the cover. I think that Reid was a far more unnecessary signing.

Just ruined my 200 word post by summing it up in 2 sentences 😂

Exactly. The lowest budget and more or less wasted all of it. The 2 best players signed are only loans.
    In fairness - we’d be lucky to get either of those for less than what we paid for our permanent signings.