+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Madine is going to Sheff Utd on loan

Looks like Madine is going to Sheff Utd on loan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

Probably best for both parties. We free up space in the squad for someone who’ll actually play and he gets to play.

Never really got a consistent chance with us which didn’t help but doubt he would ever make it at premier league level.

Re: Looks like Madine is going Sheff Utd on loan

They f*cking hate Gary Madine...

Re: Looks like Madine is going Sheff Utd on loan

Good riddance. Complete and utter donkey. Should never have signed in the first place.

Re: Looks like Madine is going to Sheff Utd on loan

I’ll drive him there myself.

I bet he scores in his first game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    And Chris Wilder is a huge Blade. He would know the uproar this could cause.

I won’t believe it until I see him holding up the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Well at least he didn’t show club bias and attacked both United and Wednesday fans.

This one was brought up a few months ago by United fans and although some were against it most seemed willing to forgive as they feel he can offer them an option they need

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post

Probably best for both parties. We free up space in the squad for someone who’ll actually play and he gets to play.

Never really got a consistent chance with us which didn’t help but doubt he would ever make it at premier league level.

'Never really got a consistent chance with us'? I think that is being VERY generous to him.

He never EVER even looked like a Championship striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post

Let`s be honest this is a disaster of Warnocks making. 6 million for a failed striker then send him on loan to Warnocks home town club !!! We would like to think Warnock can attract a decent striker with all his experience, if Madine and Pilks are going he must have something lined up , big wages maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Let`s be honest this is a disaster of Warnocks making. 6 million for a failed striker then send him on loan to Warnocks home town club !!! We would like to think Warnock can attract a decent striker with all his experience, if Madine and Pilks are going he must have something lined up , big wages maybe ?
    I don't necessarily think so, Madine has been so bad he's now behind Ward, Reid, Zohore and Paterson. Pilks isn't in the 25. If our targets are the likes of Ambrose etc, I'd think long and hard before giving Warnock any money to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I don't necessarily think so, Madine has been so bad he's now behind Ward, Reid, Zohore and Paterson. Pilks isn't in the 25. If our targets are the likes of Ambrose etc, I'd think long and hard before giving Warnock any money to spend.
    I agree mate but to survive this season he has to bring in more quality and that costs , as we all know. Will Tan bite the bullet and go for it ?

I agree mate but to survive this season he has to bring in more quality and that costs , as we all know. Will Tan bite the bullet and go for it ?
    It doesn't look like it given the names we're being linked with. I think questions could be asked of both of them if we don't. It's the worst division in a long, long time and we're passing up a golden chance. I really hope I'm proved wrong, and I really want to be.

Given he, Pilkington and it would appear Damour and Tomlin will probably go, that's a fair whack off the wage bill. Two squad spaces too. We'll definitely sign some players.

It doesn't look like it given the names we're being linked with. I think questions could be asked of both of them if we don't. It's the worst division in a long, long time and we're passing up a golden chance. I really hope I'm proved wrong, and I really want to be.
    We have to sign the players in the positions Warnock keeps talking about, he`s had ample time to gauge his needs. We will never be signing top players on top money but we should be able to improve where needed or relegation is probably over the horizon. I hate to make comparisons with the Jacks , but they brought in really decent players to play in West Wales on a council tip. I think Cardiff has more to offer and Tan needs to make Warnocks experience count and spend a few quid now !!!

Ambrose would be free

We have to sign the players in the positions Warnock keeps talking about, he`s had ample time to gauge his needs. We will never be signing top players on top money but we should be able to improve where needed or relegation is probably over the horizon. I hate to make comparisons with the Jacks , but they brought in really decent players to play in West Wales on a council tip. I think Cardiff has more to offer and Tan needs to make Warnocks experience count and spend a few quid now !!!
    Swansea ended up paying big big wages and are suffering for it now.

It kept them up for a while, but when the luck ran out they were left with a fire sale and a huge ongoing wage bill sucking their parachute payments up.

It’s a fine balance, if it works everyone thinks you are a genius, when it fails you are an idiot, and the difference is very very small

I love Neil as a manager, he’s great at many things but not so sure about big money signings.....20 million is the new 5 mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Swansea ended up paying big big wages and are suffering for it now.

It kept them up for a while, but when the luck ran out they were left with a fire sale and a huge ongoing wage bill sucking their parachute payments up.

It’s a fine balance, if it works everyone thinks you are a genius, when it fails you are an idiot, and the difference is very very small
    Agree with that, the club have to find the right balance and its not easy. We are paying for big errors in the past and we seem to have learned from it but if we are to survive we have to spend to attract better quality players. Finding a balance is tough but that is the job, that is what footy is all about for every club. We have to spend to stay at the top table, it just seems our targets are limited with Warnock at this time, possibly his contacts and scouting are not all they could be.?

Not sure we’ve learned that much from expensive mistakes of the past. Probably wasting 40/50k a week on wages for Tomlin and Madine on top of the 7/8m paid for them. Reid another who doesn’t really fit a Warnock system even if we went down.

Then there’s a 3 year contract dished out to a 33 going on 34 year old.

Not sure we’ve learnt much at all.

Wilfried Bony is on £120k a week with Swansea until June 2019 with no relegation clause

Now that's just hilarious - he's not even as good as McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Wilfried Bony is on £120k a week with Swansea until June 2019 with no relegation clause

Now that's just hilarious - he's not even as good as McBurnie
    That`s just madness and agents involvement probably, I didn`t understand the Jacks resiging him anyway but that figure is madness and no I wouldn`t want us going in that direction either.

Billy Sharpe the other way, got lots of goals with the Blades since 2015 ,on fire at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Billy Sharpe the other way, got lots of goals with the Blades since 2015 ,on fire at the moment
    I would have taken Billy and his magic boots anytime , he is a trier who knows how to hit the target.

I think people are being incredibly unfair to Madine.

When I saw him for Bolton he was bit of a handful. He just was overpaid for.

It’s not his fault. Blame CCFC