+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Out With The Old, In With The Old

Out With The Old, In With The Old

Same old story year on year, we all get our hopes up that we are signing players like Clyne only to find out our hopes are dashed by them agreeing to join a club of similar stature, repeat this for many others then mentioned over the coming weeks.

I hope that NW has a few tricks up his sleeve, as he is too shrewd to put all of his eggs in one basket. I believe our aim should be good championship or foreign players who want to prove that they are premiership quality, rather than bench warmers or squad players on stupid wages from Prem clubs. I would like to think that something on the striker from is imminent, otherwise Madine to Blades, despite his debated quality so far seems strange?

Re: Out With The Old, In With The Old

He’s a brilliant motivator but I’m not sure he can spot a good player

Bournemouth are quite well established in the Premier League. It's not like Clyne has chosen Huddersfield over us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Bournemouth are quite well established in the Premier League. It's not like Clyne has chosen Huddersfield over us.
    Yea and for a loan player in particular its a far more comfortable gig to showcase your takent

Also, they are probably paying his full wages plus a hefty loan fee.

I’m disappointed, but the fact they’ve just spent the best part of £19m on Solanke pretty much sums up what we are up against .

They are only a handful of points above us, but worlds apart in terms of what they can offer, which is crazy, considering the size of their stadium and support, but that’s what TV money and a run in the prem can give you.

It’s somewhere we should aim to be in 3-4 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yea and for a loan player in particular its a far more comfortable gig to showcase your takent
    Yes, stature was the wrong word, size may be more appropriate, although many may argue that we are a much bigger club than AFCB. It would depend how you choose to quantify size. I can remember Chelsea and Newcastle getting sub 15k crowds.

Yes with crowds of 11k,it’s time they spent some money on there ground, there crowds in the Premier League are a joke!

They’ve lost 8 of their last 10 games I think. It was charlie Daniels getting injured that ****ed it for us.

They get under 11k crowds, but spend 19 million on Solanke, who’s scored one goal for Liverpool. It’s getting a bit silly.

Not sure we can argue that clubs should sign up to the 20splenty campaign, as TV money means fans contribute next to nothing to clubs coffers in comparison, and that a club with small crowds but several years of premier league money shouldn't trump us in transfer fees and wages.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They’ve lost 8 of their last 10 games I think. It was charlie Daniels getting injured that ****ed it for us.

They get under 11k crowds, but spend 19 million on Solanke, who’s scored one goal for Liverpool. It’s getting a bit silly.
    Wasn't it Adam Smith, the right back, getting injured that triggered them going after Clyne?

That’s as maybe, but they could be built on a house of cards, get relegated and they will drop lik a stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Wasn't it Adam Smith, the right back, getting injured that triggered them going after Clyne?
    Yeah good spot. I got them mixed up. Daniels is the left back.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s a brilliant motivator but I’m not sure he can spot a good player
    I’m sure he can. There’s multiple multiple examples

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Also, they are probably paying his full wages plus a hefty loan fee.

I’m disappointed, but the fact they’ve just spent the best part of £19m on Solanke pretty much sums up what we are up against .

They are only a handful of points above us, but worlds apart in terms of what they can offer, which is crazy, considering the size of their stadium and support, but that’s what TV money and a run in the prem can give you.

It’s somewhere we should aim to be in 3-4 seasons
    TV money? Really? It’s surely the wealth of their ownership and their willingness to invest. We have similar wealth but our owners have chosen a different model

People stilll havent grasped the golden rule- if a player is linked to us for a while that is the clearest sign you can get they are not coming to us.