+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leon Britton signs For Llanelli- first player to go from English premier to welsh premier?

Leon Britton signs For Llanelli- first player to go from English premier to welsh premier?

Good coup for the league i think.

Re: Leon Britton signs For Llanelli- first player to go from English premier to welsh premier?

How can they possibly afford his wages? I've just looked they are 2nd from bottom of the Welsh Premier League. How many fans do they get through the gate for a home game?

Also, going back about nine or ten seasons ago, didn't Fatty Trundle nearly bankrupt Neath when he went to play for them?

Re: Leon Britton signs For Llanelli- first player to go from English premier to welsh premier?

kept my eye off the ball in the welsh prem this season but where is fatty trundle these days ? pretty sure it was Havordfordwest last time i looked

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    kept my eye off the ball in the welsh prem this season but where is fatty trundle these days ? pretty sure it was Havordfordwest last time i looked
    Trevelin now.

What a cv.

Burscough
    Chorley
    Stalybridge Celtic
    Southport
    Bamber Bridge (Loan)
    Rhyl
    Wrexham
    Swansea
    Bristol City
    Leeds Utd (Loan)
    Swansea (Loan)
    Neath
    Preston
    Chester
    Marine
    Llanelli Town
    Haverfordwest County
    Trefelin BGC

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    How can they possibly afford his wages? I've just looked they are 2nd from bottom of the Welsh Premier League. How many fans do they get through the gate for a home game?

Also, going back about nine or ten seasons ago, didn't Fatty Trundle nearly bankrupt Neath when he went to play for them?
    Maybe they are chucking coins in a bucket for him- the way Swansea fans did just a few years ago......

In fairness to him he said this about swansea so i cant imagine he is asking too much

"There are other ways, apart from wages, you can be rewarded. I've seen the community grow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Trevelin now.

What a cv.

Burscough
    Chorley
    Stalybridge Celtic
    Southport
    Bamber Bridge (Loan)
    Rhyl
    Wrexham
    Swansea
    Bristol City
    Leeds Utd (Loan)
    Swansea (Loan)
    Neath
    Preston
    Chester
    Marine
    Llanelli Town
    Haverfordwest County
    Trefelin BGC
    The best thing Fatty Trundle has done is i) continue to play football when others would have quit years ago ii) given a boost to the Welsh League system. If you cut out his career from Swansea to Swansea then he'd almost be liked on here!

Fair play to Llanelli, that's a really good signing for them. Hopefully will get a few more hundred down supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Trevelin now.

What a cv.

Burscough
    Chorley
    Stalybridge Celtic
    Southport
    Bamber Bridge (Loan)
    Rhyl
    Wrexham
    Swansea
    Bristol City
    Leeds Utd (Loan)
    Swansea (Loan)
    Neath
    Preston
    Chester
    Marine
    Llanelli Town
    Haverfordwest County
    Trefelin BGC
    The fat **** has found his right level now then 🤣🤣🤣

Alan Tate played for Port Talbot at the end of his career. As far as I know, him and Rhys Healey are the only ones to have played in the Welsh, Scottish and English Premier Leagues but I guess there are others.

My butty went to watch trundle up clydach a couple of weeks ago can't remember who was playing for but he said in fairness he is a twat but he still has that bit of class just watching him train before the game he was hitting ridiculous volleys, I would've loved to have signed him back in his prime