+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: GILLINGHAM 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: GILLINGHAM v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Sack all our f**ing strikers!!!
    We don't have any to sack!

2 strikers far more important than a full back.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    When we’ve got all the possession we don’t know what to do with it
    This was what was so terrifying for me watching that. Shows how limited we really are. Even if we're allowed to play we don't seem to know how to create and score.

Proof of how key Camarasa is creatively

That was grime for the team we put out, I could take losing if we played half a team of youngsters but when you put out near enough full strength side you have to put teams like this away, we're desperate for a striker

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Watch us sign the big lump up from for them.
    I thought that Tom Eaves looked better than any of our strikers. He did seem to elbow Morrison in the throat before their goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    21 shots!

NW said we need a good cup run to give us confidence. we could be there in 24 hours & still not score.
    Most worrying stat Des. This was just about our strongest front line and after 21 attempts, we still cannot score.
    I am really worried that we have hit poor form just as we entertain Huddersfield and travel to Newcastle.
    I can see a total of zero points from both.

We needed Madine

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That was grime for the team we put out, I could take losing if we played half a team of youngsters but when you put out near enough full strength side you have to put teams like this away, we're desperate for a striker
    Entirely predictable that none of the three youngsters taken along for the ride got on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    21 shots!

NW said we need a good cup run to give us confidence. we could be there in 24 hours & still not score.
    Did you see the game? I'm embarrassed that at least 50% of those actually qualify as "shots".

We should be embarrassed by that.

Why not give a few of the hungry youngsters a try if we were going to play like that

I really wonder what Reid brings to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Last thing we needed was a cup run. Haven't cared less about a result for quite some time. Today however did confirm that without the midfield three we are absolutely nothing, as such other than a striker, another midfielder is a priority, more so than a right back for me.
    I'm the opposite was hoping for a decent cup run to divert from the trying to hang on for dear life in every bloody game.

I go to the football to enjoy myself - that was embarrassing

What the bloody hell was Smithies doing - did he dive out of the way on purpose? Bobby Reid - FFS - we should just leave Wurzel players alone. Kadeem Harris did nothing and Murphy is going backwards at a rate of knots?

Joe Ralls is Paul Wimbletonesque in that he's ok going side ways and running about a bit - thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Last thing we needed was a cup run. Haven't cared less about a result for quite some time. Today however did confirm that without the midfield three we are absolutely nothing, as such other than a striker, another midfielder is a priority, more so than a right back for me.
    I didn't care about the result until I saw the team NW picked today. Gillingham are 19th in League 1. What if we were playing a half-decent championship side? We could have got murdered.

A PL team should be able to manage a cup run; people talk like its a millstone and it doesn't have to be. Maybe Smithies felt the same as he seemed to dive out of the way. But plenty of others weren't up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    Amazing defence....

.. glad we can focus on the Prem though without a replay and possible round 4 match.
    Every year when we give a crap performance and go out of cup competitions, most of the time to a lower league side, people say this sort of thing - to be honest, I'm sick and tired of watching us embarrass ourselves in the FA and League Cups year in, year out.

At times we had good control of possession but still our final ball was a hopeful punt. Have to do better

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did you see the game? I'm embarrassed that at least 50% of those actually qualify as "shots".
    Unfortunately I did. I'm very glad I didn't travel today. Club should refund the costs for everyone that went.

As I said earlier in the thread, our shooting reflected our warm-up shooting, which is appalling. I really hope that our pathetic pre-game warm -ups doesn't reflect training.

We've scored 1 goal from open play in the last 5 games.

We've got to stop kidding ourselves that Paterson is a c/f. We need at least 2 not 1

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    ****ing pathetic.

That is a pretty terrible result and sums up our squad. Some of our players would play for anybody for £10 to 15 grand a week, they have no pride and no respect for our supporters. They couldnt care less if we go out like that, its pathetic

That went as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I've lost a bit of confidence in Morrison this season.

It looked like he went down lightly in our area seconds before they scored.

Perhaps not a leader after all.
    Agreed, it is concerning how many mistakes both our main CB's are making

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Macclesfield, Shrewsbury and now Gillingham. Embarrassing.
    Think there's a familair theme developing .

Have to agree Bob, its becoming quite predictable, today was as bad as Norwich home earlier this season.
    Perhaps it would not have felt so sour if we had played the 3 kids who travelled.
    We are woefull though in attack , CP has a go but you could see with Eaves how he was trying to move the defence around.
    NML is the only one who comes out of this untarnished.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Entirely predictable that none of the three youngsters taken along for the ride got on the pitch.
    I just don't get it Paul, we know what peltier offers why not give coxe a go and why start Paterson when we're struggling for a striker we play s right back upfront against Gillingham he could've even given young Warnock a go , but in all seriousness I don't see why Griffiths wasnt given a crack if they're good enough they're old enough

Re: FT: GILLINGHAM 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

For those who watched, how did Danny Ward do?

Re: FT: GILLINGHAM 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

We got Healy back haven’t we , surely play him as he’s been doin well this season