+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next two league games

Next two league games

Anyone else feel they could define how the rest of the season goes? Obv thinking we can turn hudds over at home but Newcastle are just ahead of us so beating them would be a huge statement.....

Re: Next two league games

I believe Huddersfield have lost their last 8 league games in a row. Beating them would almost surely mean we could tick one team off below us that will not catch us.

We would open up an eleven point gap on them.

Fail to beat them would be a massive blow to our confidence. Especially amongst the fans.

A draw away at Newcastle wouldn’t be a bad result then before we get battered at Arsenal.

4points would be a very good haul.

But if we don't get that-would people rather we get 2 points or 3? There is something to be said for not losing ground on either team in favour of sinking one but falling further behind the other

We can't take anything for granted. Huddersfield are surely gone. I think as long as we do not lose that will be OK.
    Newcastle is definitely a game we can ge something out of. Funnily enough I am more confident of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

But if we don't get that-would people rather we get 2 points or 3? There is something to be said for not losing ground on either team in favour of sinking one but falling further behind the other
    We are 8 points ahead of Huddersfield so losing to them and beating Newcastle is most certainly better than 2 draws.

Feels like a really important spell. We have a run now of something like 8-10 games with only one vs a top 6 side.

6 points from the next 2 will not only make our position extremely strong, but will help us with recruitment.

Also the likes of Southampton and Burnley are getting their act in gear and Fulham have improved a bit, so the points target that was maybe 30 a few weeks ago is more likely to be mid 30s now.

We also don’t have any more homes vs bottom 6 after Huddersfield so really need to make that one count - or will end up facing having to do it the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

In what circumstances would getting 2 points be better than getting 3?
    Or have I misunderstood what you are asking?

Big games and personally we need 4 points minimum

Newcastle's next four league fixtures are away against Chelsea, home against Cardiff, home against Man City and away against Tottenham. Our game is their best chance of picking up any points during that period.

It has to be 4 points. Nothing can be gained by dropping points to Huddersfield (although, lets be honest, we should still be the underdog), whilst we rarely get anything at Newcastle, so a draw would be a great result.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    In what circumstances would getting 2 points be better than getting 3?
    Or have I misunderstood what you are asking?
    Sorry - I meant would you rather:
    a) beat Huddersfield and lose to newcastle; or
    b) draw both games

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Newcastle's next four league fixtures are away against Chelsea, home against Cardiff, home against Man City and away against Tottenham. Our game is their best chance of picking up any points during that period.
    I did notice this, they will be desperate to get the points v us, no reason we can’t do what we did at Leicester mind. Hudds also have a few players missing dont they, so surely that one is looking good.

Terrible v hudds so we need a huge performance at Newcastle now to make up for it. Is the ship beginning to sink?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Terrible v hudds so we need a huge performance at Newcastle now to make up for it. Is the ship beginning to sink?
    It ain’t gonna happen based on recent displays. Even Rambo and Bale would struggle in the current setup and they ain’t coming anyway. To quote Fraser from Dads Army ‘we’re doomed’.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    It ain’t gonna happen based on recent displays. Even Rambo and Bale would struggle in the current setup and they ain’t coming anyway. To quote Fraser from Dads Army ‘we’re doomed’.
    Probably the worst home showing since Burnely? Not good v Man Utd but they played like they were on crack that day.
    Maybe we should give them a break. A win would have been huge and probably nailed hudds down but what can ya do?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Probably the worst home showing since Burnely? Not good v Man Utd but they played like they were on crack that day.
    Maybe we should give them a break. A win would have been huge and probably nailed hudds down but what can ya do?
    We were the better team for the majority of the match against Burnley. You can't say that about yesterday's performance.

If we only get 1 point from these two I think the rest of the season will be a struggle. Not even sure what the point is of blowing 15 million in Sala? All a bit too late I think.....