+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scott Johnson piece....

Scott Johnson piece....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-15631221

I've been a critic of Johnson and his scribbles but today's item represents a decent analysis of recent performances and where City need to be more savvy about playing in the Premier League.

It's as much an indication that Warnock and his coaches are struggling to come to terms with how to use the current squad in the top flight albeit, I feel, they're getting the hang of it with limited resources.

This January transfer window is so, so critical to survival. The club has made a decent fist of the first half season and given themselves a chance as long as a few can be brought in that strengthen in the right places, complement what we already have and don't disrupt our greatest asset - team ethic and spirit. The signs so far on recruitment haven't been encouraging and it's clearly not easy to attract what's needed when you're in the bottom six.

I'm hopeful

Re: Scott Johnson piece....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-15631221

I've been a critic of Johnson and his scribbles but today's item represents a decent analysis of recent performances and where City need to be more savvy about playing in the Premier League.

It's as much an indication that Warnock and his coaches are struggling to come to terms with how to use the current squad in the top flight albeit, I feel, they're getting the hang of it with limited resources.

This January transfer window is so, so critical to survival. The club has made a decent fist of the first half season and given themselves a chance as long as a few can be brought in that strengthen in the right places, complement what we already have and don't disrupt our greatest asset - team ethic and spirit. The signs so far on recruitment haven't been encouraging and it's clearly not easy to attract what's needed when you're in the bottom six.

I'm hopeful
    I think its very unlikely we will be able to improve the squad in January. Very rare anyone does really.

Decent article.

If we sign a player capable of playing right full back and right wing back, we would have the option of setting up as 3-5-2 or 5-3-2, so we wouldn't necessarily have to drop a centre back.