Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
Not many teams have a back-up kicker. Seattle played as if they didn't have any passing plays in their playbook. All of their successful passing moves looked like they came from Wilson improvising. The amount of third and long running plays and screen passes they attempted was ridiculous.
Re placekicking - I am sure you are right, it's just that it hadn't occured to me before. Seems bizarre really when everything else is so carefully managed. Not sure what I expected really - perhaps that some other player may have some responsibilities as an emergency kicker. I was rather hoping that the Aussie guy would have a crack at a drop-goal, but I imagine they went for 2-point conversions in the second half as they did't rate his chances!

Re: the running game. I think on the highlights of the second half I saw them try to run at 3rd and 7!? Did they manage to run the ball even half that distance on any play prior to that? It was like watching a sporting version of Einstein's definition of insanity. American football is a really complicated game and I don't pretend to understand it to even GCSE levels, but I would be interested to see if anyone who better understands the game can defend those play calls.