+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock on Clyne

Re: Warnock on Clyne

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    EXACTLY - WHY DIDN'T WEBSIGN HIM ON JANUARY 1st
    Agents.

His agent was probably telling him to hold out for a better move. Just like everyone else's. This is why most of the deals go through on the final day.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I imagine our relationship with Liverpool was quite good, after all they loaned us Grujic last season, we just need to come to terms with the fact we'll never be someone's first choice
    Thankfully we weren't Grujic's first choice this year.

I hate Liverpool and its existence as a place , can we move on there must be other cities and clubs in the UK

Clyne's response:

"Bournemouth have a great manager and that's what urged me to come here," Clyne said after Bournemouth's FA Cup defeat to Brighton at the weekend. "I've looked at how Bournemouth play and it's similar to my style."

I can understand our managers frustrations, he would believe we had a transfer tied up, and was then looking at other targets for it to go wrong and be left short again. However i do not see the value in talking in public about this.

I would have imagined that this loan option would have been discussed during the dialouge between Bournemouth and Liverpool over the transfer of Solanke, then the option would have been put forward to Clyne and the player himself has made the choice. I cannot really blame anyone in their part of this process.

It seems to me that the issue of cardiff is not the payment of transfers, which could be covered out of this years tv payments, but the reluctance to smash our wage structure, of which we will carry the liability over the length of the contract, at a time when the tv money may not be coming in. On this basis we are either bringing in players from the lower levels with the hope that they can cope, or hoping for a premier league club to do us a favor, and when that deal comes to light other clubs are eager to either match or better the deal offered to us.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I can understand our managers frustrations, he would believe we had a transfer tied up, and was then looking at other targets for it to go wrong and be left short again. However i do not see the value in talking in public about this.

I would have imagined that this loan option would have been discussed during the dialouge between Bournemouth and Liverpool over the transfer of Solanke, then the option would have been put forward to Clyne and the player himself has made the choice. I cannot really blame anyone in their part of this process.
    Listening to a Liverpool journalist this morning, you're correct. It seems that exactly the same terms were agreed with Bournemouth as ourselves and it was left to the player. Having previously been with Southampton and having friends down south as well as being with a mid table team rather than being in a relegation battle, he opted for Eddie Howe's team.