+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Eaves was at the Vale last year and was told he'd be our back-up choice should we not get our chosen striker....

Tom Eaves was at the Vale last year and was told he'd be our back-up choice should we not get our chosen striker....

who presumably was Madine......

Re: Tom Eaves was at the Vale last year and was told he'd be our back-up choice should we not get our chosen striker....

Why was he at the Vale ?

Re: Tom Eaves was at the Vale last year and was told he'd be our back-up choice should we not get our chosen striker....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why was he at the Vale ?
    To be told that he was going to be 'back up' it's a bit like Bullseye, when Jim bowen would show the disappointed contestants what they could have won if they hadn't been so shit. I'm inclined to believe the OP as our transfer policy could well have been influenced by a Cartoon, Dart playing bull and a deceased Northern Working Mens club Comedian, although it must be said that Jim was great in bullseye and Phoenix Nights 'Places, Please Jim'

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    To be told that he was going to be 'back up' it's a bit like Bullseye, when Jim bowen would show the disappointed contestants what they could have won if they hadn't been so shit. I'm inclined to believe the OP as our transfer policy could well have been influenced by a Cartoon, Dart playing bull and a deceased Northern Working Mens club Comedian, although it must be said that Jim was great in bullseye and Phoenix Nights 'Places, Please Jim'
    so true

Because that's where he met the relevant parties. He was told that he would be of interest to them if their chosen striker decided against joining, which I guess was Gary Madine. He looks a handful mind, 6 ft 5 and still quite young at 26. He didn't enjoy Bolton as full of bigheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sunshine Indoors😂😂😂

There's no way he will sign ,born in liverpool ?

Not seen him play is he any good?? he's certainly tall at 6ft 5 inches ,has an Andy Carroll look about him .

Jason Perry said during commentary that his touch isn't very good and he was told by Gillingham fans that when Eaves has an off day, they were pretty bad.

I thought he looked very average today. Certainly has no business in the EPL. Not even Championship standard.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought he looked very average today. Certainly has no business in the EPL. Not even Championship standard.
    I agree, I was surprised to find out that we were considering him last year, I guess we were/are definitely shopping in Aldi or Lidl not Waitrose...

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I agree, I was surprised to find out that we were considering him last year, I guess we were/are definitely shopping in Aldi or Lidl not Waitrose...
    The corner shop I think

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Because that's where he met the relevant parties. He was told that he would be of interest to them if their chosen striker decided against joining, which I guess was Gary Madine. He looks a handful mind, 6 ft 5 and still quite young at 26. He didn't enjoy Bolton as full of bigheads.
    It's one of the bad things about being managed by Neil Warnock that whenever a striker is mentioned as a possible City player people want to know how tall he is - how many of the best strikers in this league are the sort of great, hulking, giants that we invariably seem to be interested in signing?

Stay up or not, we have to improve our “style” of play as we had plenty of possession yesterday , 2 pacy wingers and still failed to score against a team 2 leagues below! Playing our usual style of ball up to our striker played into their hands !
    Ignore the number of shots only 4 were on target !!