+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

Re: The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I'm not sure how genuine he is, what with the conflict of interest with the three Norwegian players he brought here. But maybe he thought Berget was a useful Premier League centre-forward. He went out and spent like an idiot and that debt had to be dealt with and led to Slade and Trollope and maybe even the lack of funds now.

People hate "bigger teams" because they (actually understandably from a business perspective) used their popularity to weigh the competition in their favour.
    I always thought the berget signing seemed like someone to help Dæhli settle in, as well as being a fairly low risk purchase.
    What would we have paid for him? 1 million?

Re: The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I always thought the berget signing seemed like someone to help Dæhli settle in, as well as being a fairly low risk purchase.
    What would we have paid for him? 1 million?
    Eikrem was at least £2.5m as that's what Heerenveen paid. £2m for Berget. So about £7m for the 3, so they probably cost us about £10m

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Eikrem was at least £2.5m as that's what Heerenveen paid. £2m for Berget. So about £7m for the 3, so they probably cost us about £10m
    Rubbish. Berget was 500k. People sure like to have their fantasies..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Rubbish. Berget was 500k. People sure like to have their fantasies..
    Says who? WalesOnline reported it was £2m. £2m or 500k, still bloody useless.

If they reported that I'm more inclined to believe it was £500k

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If they reported that I'm more inclined to believe it was £500k
    For a player that Solskjaer knew and at such a low fee, it had to be worth a stab to see if he could make the step up. Hardly comparable to what we spent on Cornelius, as one example!!

I say. He was out of contract in 5 months. Just as useless as the rest of the team. Only, he didn’t play more than 11 minutes..

And besides mate. The entire transfer budget for our January survival bid last time was 7,5 million..
    Probably about the same now, give or take a few mill.