+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Question; when is a cup giant killing not a cup giant killing?

Question; when is a cup giant killing not a cup giant killing?

Re: Question; when is a cup giant killing not a cup giant killing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that. It was a good point you made about possession, we're so geared up not to have it now that we don't know what to do with it when we've got it, even against limited opposition.

It was set up for Waite yesterday as you said, a real chance missed to see if he can impress at first team level. Here's his hat-trick against Colchester before Xmas as well as Lloyd Humphries strike that you mentioned (it comes at around 3.20). It's a fantastic goal but I won't get carried away with it, remember Joe Ralls' goal against Brentford from around that range? That was six years ago now and I'm still waiting for him to do it again.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/card...video-archive/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks for that. It was a good point you made about possession, we're so geared up not to have it now that we don't know what to do with it when we've got it, even against limited opposition.

It was set up for Waite yesterday as you said, a real chance missed to see if he can impress at first team level. Here's his hat-trick against Colchester before Xmas as well as Lloyd Humphries strike that you mentioned (it comes at around 3.20). It's a fantastic goal but I won't get carried away with it, remember Joe Ralls' goal against Brentford from around that range? That was six years ago now and I'm still waiting for him to do it again.

Sorry, you need to go to December 18 for that link. Try not to get sidetracked by the Spurs and Man Utd games on the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

Thanks for that link. Regarding Humphries, I base my opinion on the quality of his long range shooting on more than that one goal. Although it was not from a great distance (about fifteen yards) I can remember him scoring a superb scissor kick volley against Leicester for the Academy in the first game I ever saw him play live (he must have been about fifteen at the time) and the goal he got to settle this match was my City goal of the season for 15/16;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/9740-2/

Both of those goals were powerfully struck and and showed excellent ball striking technique and I would say that, having watched the generally miserable attempts of his seniors when shooting from distance on Saturday that Humphries is better at doing it than most, if not all, of them because he has a technique which is more reliable and repeats itself. Those two examples are two of many I've seen from him and he has a John Buchanan like ability to hit shots harder than expected - whether he makes it into our first team or not, Humphries is a fine striker of a ball.