+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for our Club to 'grow a pair'...

Re: Time for our Club to 'grow a pair'...

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’ve played football manager I’ll have you know

He’s the one coming out with these statements that he’s missing out on other players, he missed out on 3 players waiting for clyne could be just bullshit but I would rather he just went and got the 3 players than waiting unless it was 3 madine’s of course
    "We all dream of a team of Gaz Madines, a team of Gaz Madines, a team of Gaz Madines"

I’ve played football manager I’ll have you know

He’s the one coming out with these statements that he’s missing out on other players, he missed out on 3 players waiting for clyne could be just bullshit but I would rather he just went and got the 3 players than waiting unless it was 3 madine’s of course
    I've played Monopoly but my current property portfolio is just one modest abode nearer Old Kent Road rather than Mayfair

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I've played Monopoly but my current property portfolio is just one modest abode nearer Old Kent Road rather than Mayfair
    You’re obviously not that good then ��

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Whether we do or don't is irrelevant. What is relevant is by the end of January will the club get the players in we so desperately need. Especially considering this same club and same personnel failed to get the players they were after in the summer. One failed transfer window is bad enough. Two is unforgivable. Other clubs will get there players. No excuses if we fail to get ours. Again!
    It's more than obvious that we need new players but it's not your money and it's not my money. British football is all about being financed by sugar-daddies (often with inflated egos) and our sugar-daddy blew his money away previously and, to mix metaphors, got his fingers burned. We fans are in no position to dictate terms and have to accept whatever happens. At worst, we will be in the Championship playing in blue next season, something that wasn't ever guaranteed to happen again due to the vile rebrand.

You’re obviously not that good then ��
    At least I haven't gone to jail

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    At least I haven't gone to jail
    Yet

M’lord

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Yet

M’lord
    He’ll be on that program banged up abroad

God almighty - what is the matter with you lot on this thread ? In case you haven't noticed, we are in the Premier League and not even in the bottom three. The main reason for this is Neil Warnock. Why cant you all just enjoy this season. Most of you were predicting we would be relegated before Christmas anyway. Time for fans to 'grow a pair' if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Puncheon would have made a good signing for us, but there's a pretty obvious reason why he was never going to come to Cardiff at the moment!

I agree, it is early to start getting worked up about the lack of signings, but, frankly, the failure to sign a striker in the summer was a disgrace and we are very lucky that Callum Paterson did a good job of filling in as one at a time when he was able to help us get a few wins - there are big gaps in our squad (e.g. a centreback filling in at right back for half a season) and this should never happen to any club in the Premier League. It's to our manager's credit that this squad is not in the relegation places currently, but he has to be held to account for the lack of depth in the squad and the fact that so many of the players we paid fees for in 2018 can hardly be called first team regulars.
    Why do you think Puncheon would have been a good signing Paul ? I’m certain he’s mostly played wide midfield where we are relatively strong.

He’d be lucky to make the bench.

With one loan left he’d be a total waste of it.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Why do you think Puncheon would have been a good signing Paul ? I’m certain he’s mostly played wide midfield where we are relatively strong.

He's been a predominantly central player in the last few years (he's lost whatever pace that he had). The only thing I'd have him in the team for would be set piece delivery. Not convinced by anyone at the club at the moment (Camarasa is very hit and miss with corners).

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's been a predominantly central player in the last few years (he's lost whatever pace that he had). The only thing I'd have him in the team for would be set piece delivery. Not convinced by anyone at the club at the moment (Camarasa is very hit and miss with corners).
    Is he that good with set pieces. I can’t remember him doing much with Palace or Southampton from them. The screamer he scored against us was from open play.
    Maybe we should drag Whitts out of the pub if that’s what we need 😂

Certainly not enough to use our last loan spot up for.

Heisenberg

Is he that good with set pieces. I can’t remember him doing much with Palace or Southampton from them. The screamer he scored against us was from open play.
    Maybe we should drag Whitts out of the pub if that’s what we need ��

Certainly not enough to use our last loan spot up for.
    He's miles better than what we've got in dead ball situations - but I wasn't advocating signing him based on that, just pointing out the only positive attribute he has these days (imo).

He's miles better than what we've got in dead ball situations - but I wasn't advocating signing him based on that, just pointing out the only positive attribute he has these days (imo).
    Not arguing, because I can’t remember seeing him play for 5 seasons, but he’s hardly played in the last 2 seasons and not scored since 2015/16, so doesn’t look like he’s been doing an awful lot with his set piece skills

Heisenberg

Not arguing, because I can’t remember seeing him play for 5 seasons, but he’s hardly played in the last 2 seasons and not scored since 2015/16, so doesn’t look like he’s been doing an awful lot with his set piece skills
    Not arguing but still kind of arguing

His lack of game time is directly related to his ability in general these days (and not helped by a season ending injury last year). He's not remotely good enough to get in the Palace midfield on a regular basis but none of that correlates to his set piece ability though. His delivery is brilliant imo. Whips the ball in at pace and causes mayhem. I think our delivery from corners, in particular, have been poor this season and he would improve that significantly.

Not arguing but still kind of arguing

His lack of game time is directly related to his ability in general these days (and not helped by a season ending injury last year). He's not remotely good enough to get in the Palace midfield on a regular basis but none of that correlates to his set piece ability though. His delivery is brilliant imo. Whips the ball in at pace and causes mayhem. I think our delivery from corners, in particular, have been poor this season and he would improve that significantly.
    No really. I don’t doubt he’s got ability and can do it.

Just saying he hasn’t done it for years. 👍

And yes, our set pieces haven’t had the same threat this year.

Ralls did pretty well with the corners from the one side last season, but this year not so good. Murphy is awful with they ( why on earth he took any I don’t know). Camerasa fails to beat the first man at corners too often... who else is there ? Hoillet maybe..

Heisenberg

No really. I don’t doubt he’s got ability and can do it.

Just saying he hasn’t done it for years. ��

And yes, our set pieces haven’t had the same threat this year.

Ralls did pretty well with the corners from the one side last season, but this year not so good. Murphy is awful with they ( why on earth he took any I don’t know). Camerasa fails to beat the first man at corners too often... who else is there ? Hoillet maybe..
    Hoilett and Bennett are probably the only other two worth attempting corners, but I wouldn't expect any improvements, sadly. With such tight margins in a few of our games this season, better delivery from set pieces could have made a huge difference (still not advocating Puncheon though).

Camarasa is an enigma. He is by far the best striker of a ball that we have and the most technically gifted player we've had in years, but, like you said, he rarely beats the first man from corners (which is so frustrating to watch). I don't know what's happened to Ralls - he looks completely bereft of confidence and almost resigned to making mistakes.

Hoilett and Bennett are probably the only other two worth attempting corners, but I wouldn't expect any improvements, sadly. With such tight margins in a few of our games this season, better delivery from set pieces could have made a huge difference (still not advocating Puncheon though).

Camarasa is an enigma. He is by far the best striker of a ball that we have and the most technically gifted player we've had in years, but, like you said, he rarely beats the first man from corners (which is so frustrating to watch). I don't know what's happened to Ralls - he looks completely bereft of confidence and almost resigned to making mistakes.
    His confidence has taken a pounding this season, he's a yard off it. He's so scared of making mistakes, he makes more.

It seems to me that Puncheon is a player that Roy Hodgson doesn't fancy because his fading from the first team scene at Palace seems to have coincided with Hodgson's arrival. At 32, it might be that he doesn't have it in him to play central midfield in the Premier League (he started off as a wide player/wingman, but has played most of his recent first team football in the middle of the park) any more, but, based on the performance he gave when Palace won 3-0 down here in 2014 and his general level of play at Palace before Roy Hodgson's appointment, I'd say he'd give us something a bit different in central midfield because his technique is better than most we have in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    God almighty - what is the matter with you lot on this thread ? In case you haven't noticed, we are in the Premier League and not even in the bottom three. The main reason for this is Neil Warnock. Why cant you all just enjoy this season. Most of you were predicting we would be relegated before Christmas anyway. Time for fans to 'grow a pair' if you ask me.
    I have never accepted the statement “just enjoy the ride” giving everyone the impression that we have no right to be in the Premiership.
    A small town in west Wales managed it for 8 seasons while small towns like Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley and Huddersfield continue to fight.
    Cardiff is a capital city and average in excess of 30,000 to our league games. Why are we a bunch of ameteurs when it comes to running a football club

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I have never accepted the statement “just enjoy the ride” giving everyone the impression that we have no right to be in the Premiership.
    A small town in west Wales managed it for 8 seasons while small towns like Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley and Huddersfield continue to fight.
    Cardiff is a capital city and average in excess of 30,000 to our league games. Why are we a bunch of ameteurs when it comes to running a football club
    Our team shouldn't have gone up, we aren't good enough. We might still stay up. Swansea had much better players than us, Williams, Sinclair, Allen etc. We're not great, granted but we're playing catch up. We got promoted with an aging side that worked extremely hard for one another, and that doesn't get a lot of change in the top flight. Is this season a write off, is it heck. We're not in the bottom 3 (even if I expect us to be at some stage) and we're fighting. We aren't good enough, any idiot can see that but we're trying. Tan will have to spend but the only way we're going to stay up is if the team stays together. If we start chucking money about, team spirit drops and we're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our team shouldn't have gone up, we aren't good enough. We might still stay up. Swansea had much better players than us, Williams, Sinclair, Allen etc. We're not great, granted but we're playing catch up. We got promoted with an aging side that worked extremely hard for one another, and that doesn't get a lot of change in the top flight. Is this season a write off, is it heck. We're not in the bottom 3 (even if I expect us to be at some stage) and we're fighting. We aren't good enough, any idiot can see that but we're trying. Tan will have to spend but the only way we're going to stay up is if the team stays together. If we start chucking money about, team spirit drops and we're done.
    I agree with your complete post but anyone could see that in April-May last year.
    We are paying the price for trying to move into the Premiership on the cheap.
    Both Arter and Camarasa joined us at the final hours. We were looking unbelievably poor before these two agreed the loan.

I agree with your complete post but anyone could see that in April-May last year.
    We are paying the price for trying to move into the Premiership on the cheap.
    Both Arter and Camarasa joined us at the final hours. We were looking unbelievably poor before these two agreed the loan.
    That's fine but look at Fulham. We've got an outdated playing style, and we're years behind the other PL sides as a result of Tan's cuts during Slade's and Trollope's time at the club. Etheridge is our only PL player, bar Camarasa. A few others might be but we're so far off it, chucking money at it was never going to work. It's a joke we didn't get a striker but clearly, signing players and getting them to Cardiff and to Warnock, is incredibly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's fine but look at Fulham. We've got an outdated playing style, and we're years behind the other PL sides as a result of Tan's cuts during Slade's and Trollope's time at the club. Etheridge is our only PL player, bar Camarasa. A few others might be but we're so far off it, chucking money at it was never going to work. It's a joke we didn't get a striker but clearly, signing players and getting them to Cardiff and to Warnock, is incredibly difficult.
    Is it ? As I said, Dave Jones used to bring in quality signings what seemed like every month. Don't forget Hasselbank, Fowler etc.

And while we're here we should do whatever we can to survive, within reason..

Football fans:

(promotion)
    Where's the ambition
    (relegation)
    Where's all the money gone

repeat ad infinitum