+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time for our Club to 'grow a pair'...

Heisenberg

Re: Time for our Club to 'grow a pair'...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Huddersfield who are in deep, deep trouble, are able to get a Liverpool England under 23 full back
    Who is this referring to? Can't remember Huddersfield signing anyone that fits that description.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Totally agree with Monkfish. Sick and tired of hearing excuses from Warnock. I don't care. Just go out and sign some bloody players and stop moaning. Yes life can be hard. So what. Just get on with it.
    They say football supporters are fickle but really some of you take the biscuit.Have you forgotten the job Warnock has done.He came here when we were on our arse on and off the field.He brought us back together and won us promotion to the premier where our results have defied the critics etc.So what he is having trouble signing players.What have other clubs done that is so wonderful.
    The players he has brought here such as Bamba, Hoilett,Etheridge Camarasa Arter etc have made a huge impact.
    He got Zohore playing when nobodyelse could and will do again.
    Have a little bit of respect and faith. Or are you closet Liverpool and Spurs fans.
    Keep having a go Neil dont bow down to them.

It's impossible to imagine how hit and miss it must be with players and their agents horsetrading to get the best wages and conditions and playing clubs off against each other. It's always easy to criticise without knowing the details

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Unless Tan dips his hand in his pocket, there is no way we can compete financially. Bournemouth eg have spend 100s of millions since they got promoted etc, we've spent peanuts. The club is a Championship set up in every sense, including recruitment.
    Tend to agree..

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This, absolutely this.

We have one of the oldest squads in the Premier League, we have a manager who will probably retire and a squad of players who are predominantly Warnock style players.

If we get relegated, a potential re-structure is required and significant investment.

Bounce-back is a myth, there are a few recent successes, Newcastle, WBA, Burnley, maybe Leicester but there are far more failures, Stoke, Swansea, Villa, Bolton, Sunderland, Coventry, Portsmouth, Hull, Reading, Derby & others.

The funding gap between 17th in the PL & top of the Championship is around £90M. To not spend significant money to try to stay there makes no sense.

IMHO we need an absolute minimum of 2 strikers & a Joe Allan type player over any defender.
    Agree..

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    They say football supporters are fickle but really some of you take the biscuit.Have you forgotten the job Warnock has done.He came here when we were on our arse on and off the field.He brought us back together and won us promotion to the premier where our results have defied the critics etc.So what he is having trouble signing players.What have other clubs done that is so wonderful.
    The players he has brought here such as Bamba, Hoilett,Etheridge Camarasa Arter etc have made a huge impact.
    He got Zohore playing when nobodyelse could and will do again.
    Have a little bit of respect and faith. Or are you closet Liverpool and Spurs fans.
    Keep having a go Neil dont bow down to them.
    I agree, he saved us from league 1. Football fans are so fickle is defies belief.

£25m buys you an Iheanacho

(I'd rather we didn't waste our money)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We have always struggled in the transfer market due to our geographical position ,lack of potential and being in Wales .

You can see the same in businesses , they ain't coming our way , if they can set up in the Midlands, North England and South West as there's more potential, better access and profit.
    I remember in the Dave Jones era we had players coming in on loan from the Premiership what seemed like every month, plus transfers like Chopra, Bothroyd, etc. We didn't have any problem attracting players then..

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Who is this referring to? Can't remember Huddersfield signing anyone that fits that description.
    under 19, sorry.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...from-tottenham

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We have always struggled in the transfer market due to our geographical position ,lack of potential and being in Wales .

You can see the same in businesses , they ain't coming our way , if they can set up in the Midlands, North England and South West as there's more potential, better access and profit.
    What a load of rubbish! you talk some nonsense on here

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Him and Puncheon aren't really anything to write home about tbh

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Him and Puncheon aren't really anything to write home about tbh
    That's true, but we desperately need a couple in before Huddersfield to freshen up the squad.

it's Jan 6th and Huddersfield have signed a 32 year old winger who's Premiership contribution last season was 10 games, no goals + no assists, and a 19 year old Spurs left back (of which we already have two) who's never made a first team appearance in a team renowned for giving a chance to youth, let's not burn the manager's office down just yet eh

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So you're saying they wouldn't allow Cardiff to sign him on 1st, 2nd or 3rd January, but would allow Bournemouth to sign him on 4th January as their injuries had suddenly cleared up by then? Can't see it myself.

Here's a question for you: as Warnock was apparently left hanging by Liverpool over Grujic and Chelsea over Abraham, how come he's allowed this sort of thing to happen again?

Here's another question for you: as Warnock has publicly accused both Chelsea and Liverpool of lacking class in their dealings with him, do you reckon he thinks it's classy to go whinging to the press about those clubs?
    Not at all.
    Bournemouth’s interest was apparent in the press days before they signed him.

Also, Liverpool had Man City to play on the 3rd and probably wanted to wait until that game was out of the way.

Are you on the other hand saying that City intentionally delayed the deal and could have had him on the1st if we wanted him ?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    it's Jan 6th and Huddersfield have signed a 32 year old winger who's Premiership contribution last season was 10 games, no goals + no assists, and a 19 year old Spurs left back (of which we already have two) who's never made a first team appearance in a team renowned for giving a chance to youth, let's not burn the manager's office down just yet eh
    Far too sensible

No. But let’s strengthen the squad before it’s too late eh?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No. But let’s strengthen the squad before it’s too late eh?
    What what I understand, we plan on and are working towards doing exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Maybe what Liverpool did is morally right, maybe it’s not. As we can see here though we don’t really care.

I am sure Liverpool and bournmouth would have their own interpretations of what actually happened and the precise sequence of events anyway.

It’s immaterial though. I understand Neil wanted to distract from yesterday’s performance but not sure this was the way to do it.

If Neil Warnock identifies a player and gets verbal agreement, then surely it is down to Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman to get the paperwork sorted asap and the deal done.

I seem to remember comments from NW in the past that we are too slow in this area.

I think Puncheon would have made a good signing for us, but there's a pretty obvious reason why he was never going to come to Cardiff at the moment!

I agree, it is early to start getting worked up about the lack of signings, but, frankly, the failure to sign a striker in the summer was a disgrace and we are very lucky that Callum Paterson did a good job of filling in as one at a time when he was able to help us get a few wins - there are big gaps in our squad (e.g. a centreback filling in at right back for half a season) and this should never happen to any club in the Premier League. It's to our manager's credit that this squad is not in the relegation places currently, but he has to be held to account for the lack of depth in the squad and the fact that so many of the players we paid fees for in 2018 can hardly be called first team regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Puncheon would have made a good signing for us, but there's a pretty obvious reason why he was never going to come to Cardiff at the moment!

I agree, it is early to start getting worked up about the lack of signings, but, frankly, the failure to sign a striker in the summer was a disgrace and we are very lucky that Callum Paterson did a good job of filling in as one at a time when he was able to help us get a few wins - there are big gaps in our squad (e.g. a centreback filling in at right back for half a season) and this should never happen to any club in the Premier League. It's to our manager's credit that this squad is not in the relegation places currently, but he has to be held to account for the lack of depth in the squad and the fact that so many of the players we paid fees for in 2018 can hardly be called first team regulars.
    I still don't understand Tan's perspective in all this. Was he hoping to just cut his losses after just this one season in the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I still don't understand Tan's perspective in all this. Was he hoping to just cut his losses after just this one season in the Premier League?
    Tbh warnock comes across very naive if the clyne and Abraham deals are true fecking about waiting for these while losing out on other players

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Tbh warnock comes across very naive if the clyne and Abraham deals are true fecking about waiting for these while losing out on other players
    Warnock is far from naive. Maybe he was indeed let down and let the other deals go for good reason in the circumstances. Greater managers and players have missed out on their targets during the feeding frenzy of transfer windows. I don't think many of us message board oiks have the slightest idea as to what it is like to be involved in the process.

Warnock is far from naive. Maybe he was indeed let down and let the other deals go for good reason in the circumstances. Greater managers and players have missed out on their targets during the feeding frenzy of transfer windows. I don't think many of us message board oiks have the slightest idea as to what it is like to be involved in the process.
    I’ve played football manager I’ll have you know

He’s the one coming out with these statements that he’s missing out on other players, he missed out on 3 players waiting for clyne could be just bullshit but I would rather he just went and got the 3 players than waiting unless it was 3 madine’s of course

It's impossible to imagine how hit and miss it must be with players and their agents horsetrading to get the best wages and conditions and playing clubs off against each other. It's always easy to criticise without knowing the details
    Yes, I agree.

Whether we do or don't is irrelevant. What is relevant is by the end of January will the club get the players in we so desperately need. Especially considering this same club and same personnel failed to get the players they were after in the summer. One failed transfer window is bad enough. Two is unforgivable. Other clubs will get there players. No excuses if we fail to get ours. Again!