+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MADINE PASSES BLADES MEDICAL

MADINE PASSES BLADES MEDICAL

Gary Madine has passed his Sheffield United medical ahead of completing his loan move from Cardiff until the end of the season, Sky Sports News understands.

It is understood the move for the former Sheffield Wednesday striker will be confirmed by the Blades on Sunday.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Re: MADINE PASSES BLADES MEDICAL

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Gary Madine has passed his Sheffield United medical ahead of completing his loan move from Cardiff until the end of the season, Sky Sports News understands.

It is understood the move for the former Sheffield Wednesday striker will be confirmed by the Blades on Sunday.

That's the first pass he's completed all season. Don't think that's going to go down well-Didn't he chin a blades fan in a bar during his colourful years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's the first pass he's completed all season. Don't think that's going to go down well-Didn't he chin a blades fan in a bar during his colourful years?
    Broke his jaw, did time for it. Also called Billy Sharp a fat piggy

Yes he also smashed a Wednesday fan because he thought he was utd there's another thread with a link to their board not very happy about it

What a signing. £6million wasn’t it?

What's the betting he scored twice in the next 3 games and becomes a United hero 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Am I the only one who feels he never had a run of games to prove himself?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I think so :-(

Yes

Ouch!

Don’t think he’s anywhere sharp enough at this level.

However he’s a handful in the air and will give United another option.

In fairness for the type of player he is he’s scored a fair few too.

Just not for us.

I wonder how much we ACTUALLY ended up paying.

Original fee and promotion bonus no doubt, but any other add on is unlikely now.

No your not the only one thinking that.

I don't say he's premiership quality , in fact very few of our squad are , he's a victim of us being stung by Bolton, because we panicked bought, at the time NW was bigging up this super striker arrival ( ie Graban),and the fact Ken went walk about, (again ) , Graban crapped so I dont think it his fault, but one of consequence and expectation, with Bolton sniffing blood ,and us having to do something .

His away performance away at Norwich and his cameo appearances helped us up ,so let's just thank him for that and move on .

Short sighted by City again; a loan is okay but not as a permanent signing. If we do not survive this season wouldn't he be a a good target man for us in the championship if given a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Short sighted by City again; a loan is okay but not as a permanent signing. If we do not survive this season wouldn't he be a a good target man for us in the championship if given a chance?
    Thought it was a loan ?

Me too

Can I ask those who say Madine should have been given more of a chance here what it is they've seen in him which makes them say that? Yes, I know he provided an assist for Pilkington's goal at Sheffield United, but that can't be all that it is based on can it?

We signed him as a twenty seven year old whose career up until then had been a pretty successful one at lower league and bottom half of the Championship levels - if he had been good enough for the Premier League or top end of the Championship wouldn't he have reached that level before his late twenties?

I must admit I'm surprised a team like Sheffield United are after him and my instinct is that he will have as much success there as he's had here - the one proviso to that is that he will be back in the North of England playing in a city he knows well, the possibility remains I suppose that his miserable stay at Cardiff was down to him or his family not settling in the area.

I wouldn’t even go as far as decent lower half championship player. He was decent in league 1, other than a purple patch for 3 months at Bolton he’s always been a donkey.

One of warnock’s worst decisions.

Even if Warnock wasn't planning on using him at all this season I think he'd keep him unless he had someone else lined up ready to come in. Here's hoping.

Good riddance to Madine, wanker of a bloke, shite player

No.

I'm not banging the drum for him but if memory serves, Madine was brought in as cover when it looked like we could well get promotion.
    His fee was over-inflated granted but at the time it seemed like a signing which made sense.

Warnock's plight is not too dissimilar to this season where we desperately need someone up top and wouldn't be at all surprised to see another overpriced/overpaid striker come in.

Although not ideal we have to get someone in and if this does happen, we will need him to have quite a bit more of an impact than GM did if we are to avoid relegation.

He is a million miles away from making it at PL level but there is no doubt in my mind that Madine contributed to our promotion and I'll not blame NW for his failure this term.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No.
    As Paul has said what have you seen to justify that comment, sadly it was plain to see he was league 1 standard maybe bottom half championship standard, if we signed George weah’s cousin would you still be “give him a chance” some players don’t cut the mustard and unfortunately madine is one of them now we’ve lost all that money when we could’ve spent more wisely especially from abroad

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not banging the drum for him but if memory serves, Madine was brought in as cover when it looked like we could well get promotion.
    His fee was over-inflated granted but at the time it seemed like a signing which made sense.

Warnock's plight is not too dissimilar to this season where we desperately need someone up top and wouldn't be at all surprised to see another overpriced/overpaid striker come in.

Although not ideal we have to get someone in and if this does happen, we will need him to have quite a bit more of an impact than GM did if we are to avoid relegation.

He is a million miles away from making it at PL level but there is no doubt in my mind that Madine contributed to our promotion and I'll not blame NW for his failure this term.
    How can a club pissing up the wall hold us to ransom? I can’t remember many thinking it made sense rather that it was a waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No.
    But it was Warnock who was responsible for not giving madine a 'chance' are you saying that Warnock has got it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How can a club pissing up the wall hold us to ransom? I can’t remember many thinking it made sense rather that it was a waste of money
    In fairness, if Bolton didn't want to let him go and Madine wasn't going to throw his toys out of the pram, then Bolton had no real need to sell. The price got too big to turn down though, and they did.

Madine is the most static striker I've seen in a long time though. He just stands there and if the ball doesn't come his way, he's stuffed. He's not had loads of chances but he's had enough to show something, anything even! He's so far out of his depth, whether that's down to him not settling, confidence or ability (or all 3), he's lost playing for us. His career record is appalling, let's be frank and why oh why we passed over Grabban for him, I don't know. Warnock has done a so much right, but his big signings all have failed or have massive question marks over them.