+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MADINE PASSES BLADES MEDICAL

Re: MADINE PASSES BLADES MEDICAL

At least he’s passed something successfully since we signed him

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not banging the drum for him but if memory serves, Madine was brought in as cover when it looked like we could well get promotion.
    His fee was over-inflated granted but at the time it seemed like a signing which made sense.

Warnock's plight is not too dissimilar to this season where we desperately need someone up top and wouldn't be at all surprised to see another overpriced/overpaid striker come in.

Although not ideal we have to get someone in and if this does happen, we will need him to have quite a bit more of an impact than GM did if we are to avoid relegation.

He is a million miles away from making it at PL level but there is no doubt in my mind that Madine contributed to our promotion and I'll not blame NW for his failure this term.
    Well done for at least having a go at defending Madine and I certainly wouldn't blame Warnock for his lack of game time this season because he showed last season that he wasnt up to top end Championship football, so why would anyone expect him to do anything in the Premier League?

Given the lack of replies to the question I asked the Madine fans on here, I can only presume that whenever they come across another one of their type, they just tap their noses knowingly and say "those other idiots are totally incapable of seeing what we do".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well done for at least having a go at defending Madine and I certainly wouldn't blame Warnock for his lack of game time this season because he showed last season that he wasnt up to top end Championship football, so why would anyone expect him to do anything in the Premier League?

Given the lack of replies to the question I asked the Madine fans on here, I can only presume that whenever they come across another one of their type, they just tap their noses knowingly and say "those other idiots are totally incapable of seeing what we do".
    Bob. You seem to have misunderstood what my point was if you think I'm defending GM.
    Just to clarify I don't think he's very good but he played his part in our promotion, albeit as an extra.

There are many things I both agree and disagree with on here but I tend to choose the discussions I enter into. They usually depend on my mood, how busy I am and what kind of day I'm having.

You've made it clear on where you stand on Madine (and Warnock) and I've chosen to leave them alone for whatever reason and judging from your lack of replies, others had their reasons.

... they just tap their noses knowingly and say "those other idiots are totally incapable of seeing what we do".
    Irony^^

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bob. You seem to have misunderstood what my point was if you think I'm defending GM.
    Just to clarify I don't think he's very good but he played his part in our promotion, albeit as an extra.

There are many things I both agree and disagree with on here but I tend to choose the discussions I enter into. They usually depend on my mood, how busy I am and what kind of day I'm having.

You've made it clear on where you stand on Madine (and Warnock) and I've chosen to leave them alone for whatever reason and judging from your lack of replies, others had their reasons.

Yours was the closest thing I've seen to an attempt to answer the question I asked, so I'm sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion. It just means that those who see something that I and, seemingly, plenty of others don't in Madine are either unwilling or incapable of giving an answer to my question.

Can I ask those who say Madine should have been given more of a chance here what it is they've seen in him which makes them say that? Yes, I know he provided an assist for Pilkington's goal at Sheffield United, but that can't be all that it is based on can it?

We signed him as a twenty seven year old whose career up until then had been a pretty successful one at lower league and bottom half of the Championship levels - if he had been good enough for the Premier League or top end of the Championship wouldn't he have reached that level before his late twenties?

I must admit I'm surprised a team like Sheffield United are after him and my instinct is that he will have as much success there as he's had here - the one proviso to that is that he will be back in the North of England playing in a city he knows well, the possibility remains I suppose that his miserable stay at Cardiff was down to him or his family not settling in the area.
    I think that Warnock signed him as a foil for Zohore and Ward. Ward isn't bad in the air but doesn't have that physical presence, Zohore is dreadful, he can't time a header and has absolutely no spring in his legs, he knows this as well because he would rather back into a defender than contest a header. For a team that liked to play long balls we didn't possess a striker who could contest them (sounds crazy, doesn't it?) i think Warnock thought that Madine could produce the flick on's for our wide players or an advanced midfielder and generally create problems for opposition defenders. Maybe Warnock became more focused on this Philosophy when automatic promotion looked a real possibility. Maybe Warnock felt that we needed to become even more direct in order to protect our position during the second half of the season as teams may have worked us out, a bit of physicality up top. I'm really trying to think of a reason as to why Madine was brought in for such a large fee. I didn't see anything in him to make me think that he could contribute, people on here talking about him setting up Pilkington as any form of justification is akin to Crediting Andy Campbell for our place in the Premier league (That Goal) Reality is that he's not very good and Warnock dropped a Bollock.