+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bolton Wanderers disgraceful behaviour - must be serious action taken by FA

Bolton Wanderers disgraceful behaviour - must be serious action taken by FA

The Christian Doidge story is below but it looks like they had the same problem with at least 3 other players.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dale Vince

From Monday morning, Christian Doidge is back with FGR. We've taken the decision to recall him after his loan agreement expired last week amid continual contractual breaches by Bolton Wanderers.

It became clear to us that Bolton entered into a contract to loan and then buy Christian last August without the means to honour it, and perhaps the intention to do so as well. They haven't even paid his wages for the last four months (we have).

It's not just FGR that have been let down badly by Bolton, but Christian too.

Bolton's Chairman, Ken Anderson, made a lot of promises on the last day of the transfer window, both to Christian and FGR, and has kept none of them. This is all his work and from talking to Ken he feels immune from the consequences - but some of these promises are written in legally binding contracts, and we'll be pursuing them.

When the dust settles, we'll talk to the EFL about how they regulate clubs like Bolton. They already regulate the club to a degree, controlling all TV monies to make sure that football debts get paid. Hard not to wonder whether the league could also have a role in approving the terms of any contracts entered into - to make sure that they are actually within the means of the club. We had no way to know, but the EFL should have the inside view on that.

And finally (for now...) - Disappointing as it is to see this go pear shaped, both for FGR and Christian, I'm also excited by the prospect of the second half of the season with Christian back with us. I'm sure all FGR fans everywhere will join me in welcoming him back

Re: Bolton Wanderers disgraceful behaviour - must be serious action taken by FA

Agreed. Bolton dodged a bullet and avoided a points deduction earlier this season. This kind of behaviour is unacceptable and they should be penalised for it. We also have Birmingham City with huge debits on the back of a massive wage bill. They need to be hammered to. There has to be a level playing field.

Doidge has bought a house in Bolton too. They need to be hit hard, this cannot happen again. It is an absolute joke.

Disgusting from Bolton's owners. FGR to sue them for all they're worth

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Disgusting from Bolton's owners. FGR to sue them for all they're worth
    It won't be much, all stems from big Sam's days spending more than they can afford and the only ones who will suffer in the end is the fans

It's refreshing to hear someone in football say it like it is.

FGR are a nice club too and are having a good crack at promotion this season.

In terms of reputation, Bolton are giants compared to FGR and perhaps think they can piss all over the little'uns.

It seems Anderson (the Bolton owner) has recently found enough to pay himself consultancy fees of £525k and his son a further £125k.

I thought he was a German player, due to prefix FGR as I was thinking of the East german team

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I thought he was a German player, due to prefix FGR as I was thinking of the East german team
    That was either GDR or DDR, old fruit

Or should I say, OFR?

Dale Vince: “He [Ken Anderson] said to me you can seek a winding up petition and you can bankrupt the club, I don’t care, I’m a secured lender I’ll get my money back”

https://twitter.com/Bwfc_Ben0797/sta...68253328719872

The EFL have to act, but with Shaun Harvey in charge I bet they won't.

I've just read the background of the Bolton owner. Should a football agent / club broker really own a club? He's previously been involved in Reading & Southampton takeovers as broker but stepped in himself this time. He's banned the local press and is issuing statements contrary to the PFA statement. There appears to be a lot of duplicity involved. Due diligence by the FA seems questionable again.

I'll declare an interest as I used to work with / for Eddie Davies and he ploughed the majority of his fortune and his heart into the club. He gave Anderson a £5M loan a few days before he passed away. That £5M didn't last 3 months. Something is very rotten at that club.

As a football fan, I wish the fans & their club all the best. As a businessman, the authorities need to act with urgency.

FGR chairman inviting Bolton fan to FGR v Bury & giving them a free pint. Getting loads of takers.

FGR fans also proposed a bucket collection for Bolton.

Brilliant PR

https://twitter.com/DaleVince/status...05168715276288