+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky reporting City targeting 3 - Sala, Tameze and Marseille winger Clinton N'Jie...

Sky reporting City targeting 3 - Sala, Tameze and Marseille winger Clinton N'Jie...

Re: Sky reporting City targeting 3 - Sala, Tameze and Marseille winger Clinton N'Jie...

Have they signed yet?

Re: Sky reporting City targeting 3 - Sala, Tameze and Marseille winger Clinton N'Jie...

There’s a difference between having targets and actually signing players

Strange. I was just thinking this morning, "what City really need, is another winger".

It can be a long process but we should be able to improve the squad even if it's in the short-term. Interesting to see Warnock identify Ligue Un as similar league to premier league and go to that market with such focus.

Is this true Welshlad?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Does anyone know if they're any good? Anyone watch French football or actually have an interest in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Strange. I was just thinking this morning, "what City really need, is another winger".
    Quite!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Does anyone know if they're any good? Anyone watch French football or actually have an interest in it?
    Never heard of Tameze before he was linked with us. N'Jie was signed by Spurs a few years ago and made no impression at all. They then swapped him for N'Koudou, who has also not made an impression... that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Contrary to some of the above comments, he seemed to be more of a forward than a winger when he was at Spurs but I haven't heard anything of him since he went back to France, so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Never heard of Tameze before he was linked with us. N'Jie was signed by Spurs a few years ago and made no impression at all. They then swapped him for N'Koudou, who has also not made an impression... that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Contrary to some of the above comments, he seemed to be more of a forward than a winger when he was at Spurs but I haven't heard anything of him since he went back to France, so I'm not sure if that's still the case.
    Cheers for that, i can't get excited about players who i know **** all about, or anyone else for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Is this true Welshlad?

Things change quickly so reluctant to say too much. The talk of no cash and no-one being interested isnt correct though. We are having a proper go without being reckless. The Clyne deal was really poor form; even with our naivety.

Sala has never said he isn't interested in a move.

Interest in Tameze is genuine and active.

N'jie; you know as much as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Cheers for that, i can't get excited about players who i know **** all about, or anyone else for that matter!
    No knew about Kante or Mahrez before they came to England from France. Could be gems!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    No knew about Kante or Mahrez before they came to England from France. Could be gems!
    Exactly, it looks like our only option is to take a chance. We’re not going to get an established Premier League ‘been there & done it’ type player without splashing out a fortune, and not a small fortune either. I hope we take a punt now, get bodies in and pray they gel. Otherwise it’s seeing what’s left on January 31st when God knows where we’ll be in the table by then.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

We aint getting top end players in the EPL. We need to shop outside. Everything is a risk.

They may have better technical ability than a few in our current squad, and right now were short on that as a squad , they would give us depth and more choice, perhaps it's those 3 plus, and a good seasoned loan signing, ie Moses?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They may have better technical ability than a few in our current squad, and right now were short on that as a squad , they would give us depth and more choice, perhaps it's those 3 plus, and a good seasoned loan signing, ie Moses?
    If we don’t act now and wait until the end of the month I reckon Jesus Christ may be a better option than Moses!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If we don’t act now and wait until the end of the month I reckon Jesus Christ may be a better option than Moses!
    He would probably save better than Smithies did against Gillingham....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Could you imagine Jesus Christ getting a bollocking from Warnock 'Call ye'self the fooking saviour'

I'll post this now as seen a few mentions on twitter so itll be on here soon enough.

Private jet left Cardiff this evening.... went to Nantes.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I'll post this now as seen a few mentions on twitter so itll be on here soon enough.

Now I’m starting to think we might be serious about Sala...

I believe nothing until I've seen an invoice for a terms tuition at Howells!

The plane arrived back at Cardiff from Nantes 10:41 this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The plane arrived back at Cardiff from Nantes 10:41 this morning...
    Was anyone carrying an Argentinian passport?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Was anyone carrying an Argentinian passport?
    Well Neil went out last night to the game so hopefully he's returned with a player!?

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Well Neil went out last night to the game so hopefully he's returned with a player!?
    Sala's turned into Madine. We've shown an interest and the goals have dried up, he failed again last night. Must be worth 1/2 of what he was last month.