Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    But on the plus side, half the squad is playing for free
    😂👏

Re: PILKINGTON SALARY

always the optimist.

I doubt if those figures are true. One player, Arter on £40k pw and Etheridge on £6kpw.

Not updated since April 18. A lot of players, not Pilks had new deals in the summer to bring them on par with Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I doubt if those figures are true. One player, Arter on £40k pw and Etheridge on £6kpw.
    Etheridge was signed on a free from Wallsall. Arter has been playing in the EPL for the last 3 seasons. Sounds plausible to me.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Not updated since April 18. A lot of players, not Pilks had new deals in the summer to bring them on par with Bruno
    You know this for a fact? How?????
    Tell us please, I'm dyingb to know where some of the people on here get their 'facts' from, I truly am.

The figures are taken from Football manager 2018, so yeah probably quite out of date by now if ever accurate in the first place

Those wages are a complete bollux, Bamba on £8k a week laughable all those figures!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You know this for a fact? How?????
    Tell us please, I'm dyingb to know where some of the people on here get their 'facts' from, I truly am.
    Because I posted the same page / data from Sportac last May & the detail is exactly the same. It's last seasons data and only Harry Arter has been added (moved from the Bournemouth page). The equalisation of salaries is no secret and was reported extensively throughout the summer as various players were offered new deals.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...light=Salaries

Weren't we advised we are the second lowest wage payer in the league

This sort of thing is just nonsense. Salary information is private. I have seen a few player contracts and to be honest even with full sight of the paperwork it's a bit of a challenge to work out some aspects of their reward, and from the very little I saw the amounts in the contacts were routinely mis-reported in the press.

The website looks like it is geared to US sports. I know there is salary capping in the NFL and as such, player comp does seem to be public knowledge as it forms a more crucial role in a club's tactics. And also because some of the salaries are set by the league in any case. So I imagine that a lot of info on there is relatively accurate but for football (soccer) - no way would I place any reliance on this sort of thing. I saw something in the news the other day where a young footballer's contract value was reported in the same way as it would be in the NFL i.e. £xm over 4 years or whatever. Gave me a shudder. Whilst they are disgustingly over-paid, they are nevertheless entitled to privacy.