Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

  1. #1

    Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    It seems the youngsters are losing patience with Brahim Diaz moving to Real Madrid, while Bayern Munich increase their offer for CHO.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46800218

  2. #2

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    How long until Nathan Ampadu gets fed up of being a reserve team player at Chelsea? I'd love him down here on a permanent basis
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 08-01-19 at 17:55. Reason: spelling

  3. #3

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    How long until Nathan Ampadu gets fed up of being a reserve team player at Chelsea? I'd love him down here on a permanent basis
    He's on the bench tonight, with CHO starting. Sarri must be getting worried

  4. #4

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's on the bench tonight, with CHO starting. Sarri must be getting worried
    Sarri seems to be the hardest word....

  5. #5

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sarri seems to be the hardest word....
    Sarri, is all that you can't say

  6. #6

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    How long until Nathan Ampadu gets fed up of being a reserve team player at Chelsea? I'd love him down here on a permanent basis
    He signed a five-year contract with them in September, so I doubt he's going anywhere soon.

  7. #7

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's on the bench tonight, with CHO starting. Sarri must be getting worried
    Who's Sarri, now?

  8. #8

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    How long until Nathan Ampadu gets fed up of being a reserve team player at Chelsea? I'd love him down here on a permanent basis
    Probably not as long as Ethan Amapadu.

  9. #9

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Isnít there a restriction on the number of players a club can loan out next season? That could have a huge affect.

  10. #10

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn’t there a restriction on the number of players a club can loan out next season? That could have a huge affect.
    6 or 8, although they'll find a way around it I'm sure. Buy back clauses I'd imagine.

  11. #11

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    I would like to see quite strict rules on contract length for young players or length of time they can be unused after their 16th birthday. If someone has been at a club for X years and not played much then they should be able to leave mid contract on a free. Might stop clubs from hoarding

  12. #12

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Liverpool have also just blooded 3 more youngsters in their FA Cup tie v Wolves, yet they still have players like Wilson and Woodburn who haven't been given a proper chance yet. I think Brooks had the right idea when Man City showed him the door. He dropped down a level and played his way back into the Premier League. I wonder where he would be now if he had stayed with them?

  13. #13

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Liverpool have also just blooded 3 more youngsters in their FA Cup tie v Wolves, yet they still have players like Wilson and Woodburn who haven't been given a proper chance yet. I think Brooks had the right idea when Man City showed him the door. He dropped down a level and played his way back into the Premier League. I wonder where he would be now if he had stayed with them?
    Sky did a piece on Wilson last weekend. Part of the argument was that he's already missed his chance & needs to move away from Liverpool permanently to progress. He's 22 in a few weeks time and one side of the debate was that if he hasn't broken into the Liverpool team yet, he's isn't going to, so needs to move.

    I'd love to sign him. Allen & Wilson in midfield, more creative than Arter & Ralls. Transfermrkt valye him at £2.5M which seems ludicrous. Probably needs a 1 in front of that.

  14. #14

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    On the other hand, neither England or Wales have ever had the amount of top quality youngsters coming through the system as they have currently.
    The big clubs use it as an additional source of revenue with the added outside chance of finding a gem to keep. But given that being good enough for the premier League and being good enough for Chelsea or man city are very different standards.
    Brooks has done very well by dropping down to get game time, but would still be nowhere near the man city team if he went back there now.

  15. #15

    Re: Is the PL teen stockpiling bubble about to burst?

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Sky did a piece on Wilson last weekend. Part of the argument was that he's already missed his chance & needs to move away from Liverpool permanently to progress. He's 22 in a few weeks time and one side of the debate was that if he hasn't broken into the Liverpool team yet, he's isn't going to, so needs to move.

    I'd love to sign him. Allen & Wilson in midfield, more creative than Arter & Ralls. Transfermrkt valye him at £2.5M which seems ludicrous. Probably needs a 1 in front of that.
    I'd move the decimal place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •