+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bicycles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bicycles

I’m not anti cyclist, I use a bike myself occasionally, and it’s only when you’re on a bike that you fully appreciate how many complete arse holes there are in cars. Angry, red faced, aggressive, selfish lunatics, and that’s just the women.

But you’re so right about the cyclists. Not using lights in the dark, kids doing wheelies four abreast up the middle of a busy road, grown men cycling on the pavement, expecting pedestrians to move out of thier way, even expecting vehicles to stop at zebra crossings for them. But I’d say unlike car drivers it’s the tiny minority that give the rest a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’m not anti cyclist, I use a bike myself occasionally, and it’s only when you’re on a bike that you fully appreciate how many complete arse holes there are in cars. Angry, red faced, aggressive, selfish lunatics, and that’s just the women.

But you’re so right about the cyclists. Not using lights in the dark, kids doing wheelies four abreast up the middle of a busy road, grown men cycling on the pavement, expecting pedestrians to move out of thier way, even expecting vehicles to stop at zebra crossings for them. But I’d say unlike car drivers it’s the tiny minority that give the rest a bad name.
    You’re right. However, I wouldn’t even call teenage wheely twats “cyclists”, they are just kids who use bikes badly and are just too lazy to walk. In fact , they are the same people who as soon as they turn seventeen will be nobend drivers.

Almost everyone that rides a bike as a regular form of transport is very responsible and understand that it’s actually in their benefit to ride properly.

Cars definitely bring out the worst in people.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You’re right. However, I wouldn’t even call teenage wheely twats “cyclists”, they are just kids who use bikes badly and are just too lazy to walk. In fact , they are the same people who as soon as they turn seventeen will be nobend drivers.

Almost everyone that rides a bike as a regular form of transport is very responsible and understand that it’s actually in their benefit to ride properly.

Cars definitely bring out the worst in people.
    While we're on the subject of Car Drivers, What is it about people who drive BMW's ? Closely followed by Audi Drivers-Not all, But plenty of aggressive drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    While we're on the subject of Car Drivers, What is it about people who drive BMW's ? Closely followed by Audi Drivers-Not all, But plenty of aggressive drivers.
    I’m not sure but suspect it’s a status thing, i.e. Powerful/high-end car = powerful/high-end person = inflated sense of privilege/entitlement.

Whatever it is, I live in th EU and it’s the same here...Audi/BMW drivers are numbskulls on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post

I'm not an anti cyclist per se but I just cannot stand their crass stupidity and selfishness. Packs of them on weekends think they own the roads. They cycle round with a death wish half the time (well more than half the time). Why do they think they can cycle through red lights, cross lanes without looking, ride on pavements, ignore basic common sense and portray a complete indifference to their own safety plus those in cars.

Moreover the majority just look stupid in their kit thinking they are Hugh Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Moreover the majority just look stupid in their kit thinking they are Hugh Porter.
    That's a whoosh here - even if I did cycle frequently thru Pattingham and wave to Anita.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I'm not an anti cyclist per se but I just cannot stand their crass stupidity and selfishness. Packs of them on weekends think they own the roads. They cycle round with a death wish half the time (well more than half the time). Why do they think they can cycle through red lights, cross lanes without looking, ride on pavements, ignore basic common sense and portray a complete indifference to their own safety plus those in cars.

Do you know how dangerous it is cycling through a red light?
    I went through a red light (on my bike) (in lycra)(I did have a bell though)by allied carpets on Newport road and guessed the sequence of lights incorrectly . You cyclist haters would have chuckled as I was caught in the middle of the road with two lanes speeding towards me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Do you know how dangerous it is cycling through a red light?
    I went through a red light (on my bike) (in lycra)(I did have a bell though)by allied carpets on Newport road and guessed the sequence of lights incorrectly . You cyclist haters would have chuckled as I was caught in the middle of the road with two lanes speeding towards me...
    I was thinking about getting a bike to ride to work but you have just scared me

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Great exercise Mrs R .I dont think its compulsory to shoot red lights on yer bike.

JtheJock: "I went through a red light (on my bike) (in lycra)...."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

The odds of meeting James while cycling must be astronomically high...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Great exercise Mrs R .I dont think its compulsory to shoot red lights on yer bike.
    I just meant that the roads are much busier than when I last rode a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    The odds of meeting James while cycling must be astronomically high...
    Well in that case..