+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bicycles

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Bicycles

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    was crossing Sloper Road to go into the Ground earlier this season. A 'kitted out' cyclist approached from the right and gave a few of us a mouthful of abuse for having the temerity to cross the road 20 yds in front of him.

I watched as he then went straight through a red light at the Bessemer Road junction..

Temerous in the extreme

The ones who complain loudest in life are generally the ones most likely to commit the 'crime' which is why I always ignore them.

With these poxy bikes now costing upwards of a grand, Shirley it’s about time they should be compulsory insured !!!!!

Bloody law unto themselves, some of them !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    My take on this is how easy is it to ride these cycle tracks at speed? I ride the Taff Trail. At one point (approaching the Radyr roundabout from Taffs Well) there is pavement for pedestrians and cyclists. I elect to use the wide road here because of the speed I am cycling and the hazard of passing oncoming people/cyclists. Once a bus driver took me to task about not using the cycle path and I retorted, 'When I see buses use the bus lanes on Manor Way and North Road (Mynachdy), I'll use the cycle path'. And that is the point. Buses do not use the dedicated bus lanes for a reason. I think of myself as a responsible cyclist. I obey traffic lights, use hand signals and rarely ride on pavements but given a choice, I'll use the way that is easiest and safest to ride.
    What a strange argument - you won't use a cycle lane because buses don't use a bus lane! I can tell you the cycle paths here are "deluxe" - the tarmac is in better condition than that on the roads and the number of people walking on them is minimal so very little chance of being slowed down by a pedestrian. Anyway what's so terrible about slowing down?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    What a strange argument - you won't use a cycle lane because buses don't use a bus lane! I can tell you the cycle paths here are "deluxe" - the tarmac is in better condition than that on the roads and the number of people walking on them is minimal so very little chance of being slowed down by a pedestrian. Anyway what's so terrible about slowing down?
    I do use cycle tracks but I have a mountain bike. I wouldn't use them if I had a road bike because the quality of them around Barry is not good. Roads are better and that's why road bikes use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’m not anti cyclist, I use a bike myself occasionally, and it’s only when you’re on a bike that you fully appreciate how many complete arse holes there are in cars. Angry, red faced, aggressive, selfish lunatics, and that’s just the women.

But you’re so right about the cyclists. Not using lights in the dark, kids doing wheelies four abreast up the middle of a busy road, grown men cycling on the pavement, expecting pedestrians to move out of thier way, even expecting vehicles to stop at zebra crossings for them. But I’d say unlike car drivers it’s the tiny minority that give the rest a bad name.
    I'm not an anti cyclist per se but I just cannot stand their crass stupidity and selfishness. Packs of them on weekends think they own the roads. They cycle round with a death wish half the time (well more than half the time). Why do they think they can cycle through red lights, cross lanes without looking, ride on pavements, ignore basic common sense and portray a complete indifference to their own safety plus those in cars.

Moreover the majority just look stupid in their kit thinking they are Hugh Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Moreover the majority just look stupid in their kit thinking they are Hugh Porter.
    That's a whoosh here - even if I did cycle frequently thru Pattingham and wave to Anita.....

As regard cyclists letting pedestrians that they are about to knock you over, how do they do that, 99% don't have bells fitted and that become 100% for the Lycra brigade, and, they only shout at you when they have missed you by an inch, bit late then!

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    As regard cyclists letting pedestrians that they are about to knock you over, how do they do that, 99% don't have bells fitted and that become 100% for the Lycra brigade, and, they only shout at you when they have missed you by an inch, bit late then!
    I have a bell on the bike - I ring it about 15 yards from the target, er the pedestrians, on the Taff Trail so they don't jump out of their skins. What rankles is that about 50% are wearing headphones and can't hear me.
    I also have to say the number of folk who seemingly deliberately
    in the cycle lanes at the Bay is astonishing.

I have a bell on the bike - I ring it about 15 yards from the target, er the pedestrians, on the Taff Trail so they don't jump out of their skins. What rankles is that about 50% are wearing headphones and can't hear me.
    You are then one in a million

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    You are then one in a million
    Unlike the 500,000 in a million who wear headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I'm not an anti cyclist per se but I just cannot stand their crass stupidity and selfishness. Packs of them on weekends think they own the roads. They cycle round with a death wish half the time (well more than half the time). Why do they think they can cycle through red lights, cross lanes without looking, ride on pavements, ignore basic common sense and portray a complete indifference to their own safety plus those in cars.

Do you know how dangerous it is cycling through a red light?
    I went through a red light (on my bike) (in lycra)(I did have a bell though)by allied carpets on Newport road and guessed the sequence of lights incorrectly . You cyclist haters would have chuckled as I was caught in the middle of the road with two lanes speeding towards me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Do you know how dangerous it is cycling through a red light?
    I went through a red light (on my bike) (in lycra)(I did have a bell though)by allied carpets on Newport road and guessed the sequence of lights incorrectly . You cyclist haters would have chuckled as I was caught in the middle of the road with two lanes speeding towards me...
    I was thinking about getting a bike to ride to work but you have just scared me

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Great exercise Mrs R .I dont think its compulsory to shoot red lights on yer bike.

JtheJock: "I went through a red light (on my bike) (in lycra)...."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

The odds of meeting James while cycling must be astronomically high...

Blog Entries

Great exercise Mrs R .I dont think its compulsory to shoot red lights on yer bike.
    I just meant that the roads are much busier than when I last rode a bike

The odds of meeting James while cycling must be astronomically high...
    Well in that case..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Unlike the 500,000 in a million who wear headphones.
    Most headphones today are made to let outside sound in so if someone had a bell you would hear it, but there blame tbe pedestrian, for having the cheek to walk along listening to music, there is the odd normal cyclist who is an idiot, but i have found most non lycra cyclists are ok

Pick me up about one today Jim, can I go on the crossbar this time though???