+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

Cardiff City's £10million move for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze has collapsed.

Julien Fournier, Nice's general manager, confirmed the Premier League club pulled out of negotiations on Tuesday night, despite a fee having been agreed earlier at £8million plus £2m in add-ons.

Re: Tameze deal supposedly off, if it was ever on!

This report (if true) feels like a case of the player's agent pissing off Cardiff by demanding too much on personal terms.

If Cardiff and Nice had a deal, that is the only possibility.

I'm happy if the club are sticking to a wage structure that is affordable and avoids squad friction.

And maybe Warnock decided this lad was not enough of an upgrade on Loic Damour (who earned some credit against the Gills) to justify what he demanded?

Or it could just be that their bluff was called and the agent will be backtracking tomorrow (if the other suitors don't play along).

We should have started this process as soon as the last window was shut. If we don't sign anyone in time for next weekend and we lose to or draw with Huddersfield then the club will have dropped a HUGE bollock.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This report (if true) feels like a case of the player's agent pissing off Cardiff by demanding too much on personal terms.

If Cardiff and Nice had a deal, that is the only possibility.

I'm happy if the club are sticking to a wage structure that is affordable and avoids squad friction.

And maybe Warnock decided this lad was not enough of an upgrade on Loic Damour (who earned some credit against the Gills) to justify what he demanded?

Or it could just be that their bluff was called and the agent will be backtracking tomorrow (if the other suitors don't play along).
    I agree entirely with you on the first part of your post, however, I find it hard to believe that Warnock would have tabled a bid close to £10m if he didn't think the player was a significant improvement on what we already had.
    This may not be completely dead in the water yet, perhaps the player's agent will climb down a little (if that was the case anyway) and may come back to us... but it needs to be soon!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We should have started this process as soon as the last window was shut. If we don't sign anyone in time for next weekend and we lose to or draw with Huddersfield then the club will have dropped a HUGE bollock.
    If we don't sign anyone in time to face Huddersfield AND we happen to lose - the natives will really start getting restless..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If we don't sign anyone in time to face Huddersfield AND we happen to lose - the natives will really start getting restless..
    Well seeing as it's Wednesday today, I think that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Well seeing as it's Wednesday today, I think that ship has sailed.
    Not necessarily. Isn't it until noon, Friday, we have to register him? The player is only a short flight away and is obviously match fit. So I wouldn't rule it out completely, not just yet anyway.

We did. I tell you what; why dont we just chuck as much cash as needed at it. Lets not learn from the mess OGS left us in. Or lets just settle for lesser standard players because otherwise fans will be annoyed.

We're shopping in a foreign market. Theres been very little movement in the league so far inside the UK; never mind outside of it.

Fee and salary were agreed for Tameze. I've no idea why that may have changed but it will have had to be something significant. Hopefully just a delay rather than it being actually dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    We did. I tell you what; why dont we just chuck as much cash as needed at it. Lets not learn from the mess OGS left us in. Or lets just settle for lesser standard players because otherwise fans will be annoyed.

We're shopping in a foreign market. Theres been very little movement in the league so far inside the UK; never mind outside of it.

Fee and salary were agreed for Tameze. I've no idea why that may have changed but it will have had to be something significant. Hopefully just a delay rather than it being actually dead.
    Please stop with the Carl Curtis act.

As Steve Davies told you on another forum not even Steve Borley is privvy to how we do our deals these days such is how close the club keep their cards to their chest, yet you seem to have become self appointed king of the ITKs.

Nauseating.

100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Please stop with the Carl Curtis act.

As Steve Davies told you on another forum not even Steve Borley is privvy to how we do our deals these days such is how close the club keep their cards to their chest, yet you seem to have become self appointed king of the ITKs.

Nauseating.
    You know where the block button is

You know where the block button is
    Have you got any right yet Carl?

Or is it a case if throw enough darts and eventually you’ll hit the bullseye?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Have you got any right yet Carl?

Or is it a case if throw enough darts and eventually you’ll hit the bullseye?
    Other people can be the judge of that.

If we don't sign this guy I've never heard of for 60 million by TODAY then it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    If we don't sign this guy I've never heard of for 60 million by TODAY then it's all over.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I will return to what I said at the start of the season; last year the three teams went down primarily because...

Stoke: bad summer window and manager who ran out of good ideas
    Swansea: lack of re-investment over an extended period of time and chopping and changing approach finally caught up with them
    West Brom: had the squad and management but firstly players and then fans turned on the club twice before it was then too late.

I could take going down like Stoke or, just about, Swansea but would hate us to be relegated because fans and players gave up would be frustrating. 36 points should make us competitive to stay up and we've got a much better chance of that with everyone pulling in same direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Cardiff City's £10million move for Nice midfielder Adrien Tameze has collapsed.

Julien Fournier, Nice's general manager, confirmed the Premier League club pulled out of negotiations on Tuesday night, despite a fee having been agreed earlier at £8million plus £2m in add-ons.
    Surely we need a striker more, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I will return to what I said at the start of the season; last year the three teams went down primarily because...

Swansea: lack of re-investment over an extended period of time and chopping and changing approach finally caught up with them
    West Brom: had the squad and management but firstly players and then fans turned on the club twice before it was then too late.

I could take going down like Stoke or, just about, Swansea but would hate us to be relegated because fans and players gave up would be frustrating. 36 points should make us competitive to stay up and we've got a much better chance of that with everyone pulling in same direction.
    So you’re advocating buying new players to appease the fans ?

Or just a releasing a white dove ?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I think we've come a long way this season and whilst some of it's just 'talk'; I do think the fans have had an impact. It's not coincidental that we've come from behind on a fair few occasions.

Thankfully I think views and opinions on a match-day are quite balanced; and don't necessary mirror the shit storm that will hit the internet if the club don't do what others deem sufficient business.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    So you’re advocating buying new players to appease the fans ?

Or just a releasing a white dove ?
    I read it that he feels we've got a much better chance of staying up if we stick together; no matter what new signings are or aren't made.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely we need a striker more, am I missing something?
    An endless amount of options in midfield is key.

We already have ready-made options up front in Cam, Jnr, Gunnar, Ralls, Arter, Bamba and Manga.

I read it that he feels we've got a much better chance of staying up if we stick together; no matter what new signings are or aren't made.
    White dove then.

Like it.

What makes you think it hasn’t been going on for ages?

Just a thought perhaps the deal is off because a better player has become available and we have had a bid accepted for this player!

Maybe Tameze has pulled out because he's worried he won't fit the criteria for a work permit when the UK pull out of Europe in March.